No announcement yet.

Cheaper internet may be coming after cabinet rejects Bell appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched to a reseller (TekSavvy) instead of Shaw. Other than the switchover & the second-class technical support the 2 times in 5 years it's gone down it's been the best choice I've made.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

I'm no expert but it seems to me internet needs to be open source not just regulated to the top big 3. A colleague of mine works for Dell tech support. He mentioned of this open source TV platform he had installed on his smart phone. I can't recall its name Obmc or something. Apparently it was shut down. But imo open source is the way to go but that's probably another conversation.
      Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

Anyone who's on Teksavvy via cable, note they've updated their plans. I'm going from 60 to 150 with no change in the monthly cost (I do need to buy a new modem though) @ $70/month.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm at the low end of their range, it might be time to bump it up at tier.
          There can only be one.

Comment

I'm actually paying less for 150mbit now than I was paying for 50mbit 18 months ago. Including the modem purchase amortized over a year.

Comment

Do you notice much of a difference at that level?
              There can only be one.

Comment

Telus Pure fiber will be in the Clareview area next September. Insiders tell me that they can run fiber through traditional copper wire lines. Shaw is digging up areas by the old Clareview shopping centre now.

I'm more concerned of upload speeds then download.

Good news about Telus pure fiber it will not change our current billing rate when it gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander II View Post
                  Do you notice much of a difference at that level?
                  I'll let you know definitively when my modem arrives, but given I'm running into bandwidth issues now I'm happy to get more of it for the same money.

Comment

^ Before your new modem is installed can you do a AB speed test, like ping rates upload seeds that sort of thing? Enquiring minds need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by envaneo View Post
                      ^ Before your new modem is installed can you do a AB speed test, like ping rates upload seeds that sort of thing? Enquiring minds need to know.
                      I get more than my promised speeds, always have, plus no blocked ports or bandwidth caps.

Currently my 60/10Mbit package maxes out at ~8.3MB/s down & 1.4MB/s up.

I get a sub-30ms ping to Google's DNS servers & routinely game using my connection with nary a concern.

Comment

Don't lock into any 2 year high speed internet contracts right now, cheaper prices are coming:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/08/21/s...lion-business/
                        www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                        X