Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here's an interesting one:

iPhones are Allergic to Helium

Short version: Apple has switched to using MEMS timing oscillators rather than quartz oscillators for the clock. The reasons for the change are accuracy, quartz isn't as accurate at high and low temps, and size. Turns out these devices can be disrupted by small molecule gasses like helium. On the upside if you leave the phone off a charger for a few days to a week it does recover.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
      Originally posted by Vincent View Post
      Foldable phones. What do you guys think? It seems everybody's working on one.

Smartphones with foldable displays are either a waste of time or the next breakthrough in handsets.
      It just depends on whom you ask.

https://www.cnet.com/news/foldable-s...msung-oneplus/
      Totally boring.

Motorola Razr flip phone revived with foldable screen - BBC News

"I have little doubt that Lenovo will struggle to keep up with demand as soon as it is available to buy.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50414612
      Last edited by KC; 14-11-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• I got Samsung Note 10+ and it is the best android phone I ever get in a long time. I can change themes, icon and wallpapers either pay or free.
        Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

• Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
          I got Samsung Note 10+ and it is the best android phone I ever get in a long time. I can change themes, icon and wallpapers either pay or free.
          That’s the thing you’re most excited about with your new phone?!?! How’s the camera? How’s the screen?

Comment

• Sounds like a case of diminishing marginal utility for certain technological advances. As in a each doubling of capability doesn’t create a doubling of appreciation. Maybe cameras and screens are so good now that another doubling of capability yields zero appreciation.
            Last edited by KC; 16-11-2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X