No announcement yet.

TV commercials that make me reach for the mute button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those silly Hyundai commercials are starting to annoy me.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
      Originally posted by NielCole View Post
      In a somewhat related connection the "City of Edmonton" they have redone the "cooking oil/grease ad" with the guy in the kitchen pouring leftover grease into a can rather than pouring it down the sink. They have removed the guys "daughter" and updated his hairstyle from 1992 to around 2000........
      This past week I've seen an updated commercial of the "Store it, don't pour it".

It has a nice looking blonde lady demonstrating pouring kitchen grease into a can and capping it.
      On a lighter note, do you think brunettes would be qualified to do that.
      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• So what's the deal with these EPCOR ads with the winter storm scenes and the dramatic music? What exactly are they trying to sell to us?
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
          So what's the deal with these EPCOR ads with the winter storm scenes and the dramatic music? What exactly are they trying to sell to us?
          Obviously trying to "really" impress us with the fact they seem to be able to deal with " day to day issues" in normal winter weather in a northern city....... LOL

It would be far more impressive if they promoted something more than keeping the lights on or the streets cleared after a average snow storm. We are not the Eastern Seaboard where the power cuts out after a "freak blizzard" in winter snaps power lines.......

Comment

• Leading up to the Christmas season those Shaw Network commercials are starting to grate on my nerves. You know the one's with those 2 whatever they are's telling us about the Shaw Network.
            Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

• Shaw trying the "cutsey" ad that Telus has had for almost 10 years. Shaw also drives me up the wall with their "we're the fastest in Canada" claim. Yeah, when everything works right which is only 20% of the time.
              Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

• The M&M's "Sexy & I Know It" ad was kinda funny... in 2011. Almost New Years...
                I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry N View Post
                  Leading up to the Christmas season those Shaw Network commercials are starting to grate on my nerves. You know the one's with those 2 whatever they are's telling us about the Shaw Network.
                  Since Shaw has been trying to do this "app/tech" partnership father/son uncle/nephew type duo to be "fresh" I have named them either Wallace and Grommit or Gumby and Pokey.

If Gumby and Pokey were brought back into the 20-teens (starting on Tuesday) advertising Shaw it would almost be rather entertaining to see childhood cartoon legends updated into the 21st Century....

Comment

• Given the fact that Hollywood hasn't had any original ideas in decades now I am sure we can look forward to a reboot of the Gumby Movie very soon now...
                    Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Comment

• I've been muting the Sandals Resort ads because of that horrible remake of that Black Eyed Peas song.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Then there's the Hughes car wash ads. You've got Donovan Workun with the models, the woman with the firemen, and the Fubar guys. They're all embarrassingly bad ads.

Comment

• The McCain ad when the dad is telling his kid he is trying to teach him a lesson and something about pilaf. Can't figure for the life of me what lesson he is teaching the little fella except he's an *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            The McCain ad when the dad is telling his kid he is trying to teach him a lesson and something about pilaf. Can't figure for the life of me what lesson he is teaching the little fella except he's an *****.
                            I'm suprised that the mom doesn't pour something over the morons head! No husband should EVER criticize his wife's cooking otherwise the couch in the family room is his next stop! LOL LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by NielCole View Post
                              Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              The McCain ad when the dad is telling his kid he is trying to teach him a lesson and something about pilaf. Can't figure for the life of me what lesson he is teaching the little fella except he's an *****.
                              I'm suprised that the mom doesn't pour something over the morons head! No husband should EVER criticize his wife's cooking otherwise the couch in the family room is his next stop! LOL LOL.
                              I feel like pouring something over the T.V. when it comes on. What is it all about. I see his eyes rolling about, he tells his sun he'll explain later but WTF, what's to explain?. Do I need a PhD for this?

Comment

• The Almond Crisp Cereal ad where the kid lifts a hatch in the kitchen and his dad is eating ceareal down there. He should slam that hatch shut with him still down there and secure it with about 40 six inch nails.

Comment

Working...
                                X