• Show
Clear All

• Drumbones
    replied
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1JvC3SglEB/?hl=en. Wow

Leave a comment:

• North Guy66
    replied
    CHED still needs to hire someone for the Afternoon Show. As mentioned above, J'lyn Nye can't do it all on her own.

Off the top of my head, I think Marty Chan would be an excellent pick.

Whoever they hire, make sure it's not a standup comedian who is too full of himself.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Death Monkey
    replied
    Shaye Ganam and Chelsea Bird will be taking over the morning show on Sept 3

Leave a comment:

• cnr67
    replied
    Originally posted by H.L. View Post
    Bruce is great in the mornings, the loudmouth that follows him at 9.00 am , not so much.
    Concur. He's NOT a good fit on Ched at all.

Leave a comment:

• cnr67
    replied
    Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
    Originally posted by cnr67 View Post
    The era of mature and intelligent radio is slowly leaving. If one needs verification, have a listen to the gutter mouthing in the AM on K97.
    Have you ever listened to CBC Radio 1? Edmonton AM with Mark Connolly is very informative. Lots of local content and they do not insult your intelligence.
    I will now. Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• North Guy66
    replied
    Originally posted by cnr67 View Post
    The era of mature and intelligent radio is slowly leaving. If one needs verification, have a listen to the gutter mouthing in the AM on K97.
    Have you ever listened to CBC Radio 1? Edmonton AM with Mark Connolly is very informative. Lots of local content and they do not insult your intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny the Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by H.L. View Post
    Bruce is great in the mornings, the loudmouth that follows him at 9.00 am , not so much.
    Agree with your review on "big jaw" Jesperson. I never liked him on A-Channel and I refuse to listen to him on CHED.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cnr67
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Death Monkey
    replied
    Bowie is the morning show host. Mind you, I haven't listened to CHED in eons, so I cannot say what his show has entailed.

Leave a comment:

• Spudly
    replied
    Hasn't CHED beeen open-mouth radio for a decade? What did Bowie do there?

Leave a comment:

• Gord Lacey
    replied
    I saw him years ago at WEM, I think before he had a CTV comedy special (or possibly just afterwards), and I really liked his act. I didn't like his as much on the radio, though.

Leave a comment:

• gwill211
    replied
    the comedy show opened up with a recording of jlynn nye on the afternoon news discussing how andrew grose handed in his resignation.

I remember catching it that afternoon. She said she would miss him and many other nice things.

Andrew came on the stage trying to stick to a script prepared by his lawyers. He was super emotional as he discussed all the charity work his yeg comedy fest does. He went into detail on all the charities they support and the amount of money raised. It was an extensive list and a significant amount of $$ raised.

This didnt make sense at first but then he detailed how they support 630 ched fund raisers, how they support their charity drives and donate thousands of tickets to them. With that said at some point recently he went to his bosses and asked if they could discuss their charity aspects and yeg comedy show on the radio.

They said yes........ but it would cost $3000. He reluctantly agreed.This is where it gets a bit fuzzy as he was crying and upset but he read an article written about another comedy organization out of ontario. The network he works for happily wrote about these guys without hesitation but when it came to his bosses supporting him and his comedy festival they wanted $$$$.

Whatever he read greatly upset him. He sent a nasty email to his boss explaining his frustrations. They told him not to show up for work tomorrow.

He didnt resign as jlynn said on the radio. He mentioned theres litigation on going at the moment hence why he tried keeping to his written statement.

For the record never seen his comedy show before but hes hilarious. The open act that night adam blank was hilarious. Everything about the yeg comedy show that he runs is worth supporting.

Leave a comment:

• Gord Lacey
    replied
    Yeah, fill us in. I heard he was gone, but nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• edTel
    replied
    Originally posted by gwill211 View Post
    it's a shame ched did what they did with andrew grose. I hit up his comedy show tell all that he did. It seems ched misrepresented what transpired.

I cant see jlynn lasting long on her own.
    Haven't listened in a long time. What happened?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X