No announcement yet.

630 CHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sometimes listen to Tencer and Grose, but it depends on the topic. Tencer gets on my nerves a bit. I don't know why.

Comment

• Ed Mason is finally retiring
      https://twitter.com/JlynNye/status/501769660107198464
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• CHED is Arts? Entertainment? Okay, possibly, but if so far all the wrong reasons.

CHED is culture? Please Ghod, for all that is decent and good tell me no.
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

• Last time I listened to talk radio was when CHED was CJCA and it was with Bill & Bill show or they used to call it the 11-2 show. When I get a chance to listen I like the Tim & Sid Sportsnet radio show.
          Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• Originally posted by ajs View Post
            Anyone listening to Tencer and Grose in the mornings? Happened to catch it this morning and continued listening as it was their one year anniversary. It wasn't as bad as I imagined but it was underwhelming to be sure. Anyone listening with regularity?

How about the afternoon show? I would expect they are celebrating their one year as well.
            It's actually pretty good. They talk about the big headlines of the day, especially Edmonton news. Its so refreshing listening to talk radio with a local focus. We've suffered for too many years of Dave Rutherford in that time slot.

At times they crack some good jokes but sometimes they get too goofy and annoying. Dan Tencer is not as annoying on this show compared to his previous sports gig. I do wish they had more caller participation.

Comment

• Ya, I do like the local focus as opposed to Rutherford. With Rutherford it seemed to be 90% provincial politics.

Comment

• You're right Northguy. It's good to have more local voices, local concerns broadcast. When I have dropped in on their conversations however I get the impression they aren't as informed as they could be which leads to less interesting questions and conversations. Andrew Grose in particular seems a bit out of touch. Live radio can't be easy.

CBC Edmonton AM for instance has been doing bang-up work on the infill files. I know Mark Connolly rubs some people the wrong way (my wife can't stand him) but he (or his producers) discuss the relevant issues.

Comment

• The few times I've listened to Tencer and Grosse, I found it takes them a while to get to discussing matters of substance; a little too much banter for my taste.
                  I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Tencer is definitely the more prepared of the two. I think he prides himself on being somewhat informed and intellectual. Grose on the other hand is the comic relief and more of a "regular guy" and so together theoretically they should make a pretty balanced team. Neither of them has a lot of years of experience in broadcasting however.

Comment

• Ironically Grose was more prepared than Leslie Primeau was and she was in the business for years.

Does anybody know why she isn't on CHED anymore? I know why Rutherford isn't. The only information I can find is this...
                      http://www.lesleyprimeau.com/#!A-Dif...6-02CE6DF527CB

Comment

• I think Primeau for the most part preferred to "wing it".

My guess is CHED wanted to come across a little bit more professional. And, although she was much loved, no doubt with Leslie's personality the station had received a lot of complaints about her over the years too.

Although the last comment on that page is a bit surprising and interesting:

"I was a comedian who rose the ranks with A.G. back in the early 90's. As soon as I heard he had a show with you I knew you would be let go. He will also have his own show once he finds a way to get rid of Dan. He is manipulative and I respect the fact that you have not bad mouthed him for what he has done. There is a reason why he is banned from every comedy club in Edmonton, and all but 3 in the entire country which he fails to mention. I have seen him ruin many lives but be strong as the best way to deal with a sociopath, is to not deal with them at all
                        D.M.
                        Daryl 8 months ago
                        "

Sounds like at least one person doesn't much care for Andrew Grose.

Comment

• Dan Tencer fired
                          http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/2014/...n-tencer-boot/
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Makes you wonder about the comments in post 191.

Comment

• Wow. It certainly does give a lot of credence to those comments. On the other hand, Dan has said some questionable things on the air in the past. The whole Eric Tillman fiasco comes to mind.

I was just listening to them a bit yesterday morning on the way home, talking about ways to reward good teachers and get rid of the bad ones. I missed most of the show but one thing that caught my attention was when he said of himself "I certainly hope I am being paid better than some other radio hosts", implying that he's a good radio host.

I wonder if Primeau will be giving him a call today. They can share some stories over coffee.

Comment

• My guess is CFRN or a non-Corus network will pick him up for sports analysis, he was somewhat opinionated and perhaps he disagreed too much with some of their other opinionated people.

Comment

Working...
                                X