Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder who'll do the 6 to 9 shift?

Comment

• It looks like Primeau didn't know. Listening to the start of the CHED archives on the 23rd and 24th at 3 PM. Tuesday, the intro mentions her name and she is there; Wednesday, no intro mention of any of the personalities and she isn't there.

Comment

• I'm with SDM. Primeau should have been canned years ago. Scholz was a fill in on CBC RadioActive for a while but just couldn't gain any traction. I'll go you one better TerryH. I would say the Antle/Scholz years on Big Breakfast (I'll throw in the early appearances of Bridget Ryan as well) were perhaps some of the BEST Canadian TV (of that variety) ever produced.
        The morning Antle crashed the Federal Progressive Conservative convention (pre Reform days) being held in Edmonton was pure Gonzo Journalism at its finest. Genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
          ^ Seriously, who cares what happened to that old shrew? CHED was long overdue for an on-air talent cleansing.

J’lyn Nye and Mark Scholz sounds like a great team. I'm surprised Mark has stayed around so long, it's been like 10 years or so since he was punted from Breakfast Television.

Be interesting to see if Tencer can still hold an audience outside of the Oil faithful.
          I still remember Mark Scholz from Breakfast Television... in Halifax. Glad to see him get a new gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
            ^ Seriously, who cares what happened to that old shrew? CHED was long overdue for an on-air talent cleansing.
            Seriously, I would describe her as an old shrill. It was so annoying and aggravating when Andrew Grouse would tell a story or make a comment only to have Primeau interrupting him constantly. They should of put the crazy auntie out to pasture years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
              Good that there will be an Edmonton-based show at the 9am-noon time slot on CHED. Three weeks ago, Dan Tencer and J'lyn Nye hosted the show when Rutherford was on holidays (Rob Breakenridge hosted for Calgary's station).

It was refreshing listening to them talk about Edmonton issues including interviewing Kerry Diotte and Mayor Mandel.
              I was close on the predicting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajs View Post
                I'm with SDM. Primeau should have been canned years ago. Scholz was a fill in on CBC RadioActive for a while but just couldn't gain any traction. I'll go you one better TerryH. I would say the Antle/Scholz years on Big Breakfast (I'll throw in the early appearances of Bridget Ryan as well) were perhaps some of the BEST Canadian TV (of that variety) ever produced.
                The morning Antle crashed the Federal Progressive Conservative convention (pre Reform days) being held in Edmonton was pure Gonzo Journalism at its finest. Genius.
                The Mark Scholz action doll:

The Big Breakfast Boogie Band with Mark on drums:

Too bad there's no compilation DVD of the BB. There'd literally be days worth of stuff that were top quality.

Comment

• BTW, listened to Inside Sports last night and Tencer said that Oilers Now would stay noon to 2 but J'Lyn's and Mark's show would run 2 to 6.

Comment

• 630 ched is a joke now. They have no programming whatsoever.

I mean that show that Primeau was hosting along with Grose was basically nonsense. I never understood what the show was all about.

I used to enjoy 630 CHED about 10 years ago. But ever since it became "conversation station", quality went down the drain.

Comment

• I wonder if Tencer will still hang up on people on that morning slot. CHED is definitely not as good as it once was, not sure if these changes make it any better.

Comment

• Radio West's discussion here for reference

http://www.radiowest.ca/forum/viewto...2889#p12822889

http://radiowest.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryH View Post
                          BTW, listened to Inside Sports last night and Tencer said that Oilers Now would stay noon to 2 but J'Lyn's and Mark's show would run 2 to 6.
                          That makes sense. No point listening to the last hour of the Charles Adler show from 2-3pm. Actually no point listening to an angry old guy anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustYeggin View Post
                            630 ched is a joke now. They have no programming whatsoever.

I mean that show that Primeau was hosting along with Grose was basically nonsense. I never understood what the show was all about.

I used to enjoy 630 CHED about 10 years ago. But ever since it became "conversation station", quality went down the drain.
                            The Primeau show was total nonsense. It was not interesting, enlightening, or informative. Finally the bigwigs at Corus figured it out and now there is a overhaul.

Comment

• Is Bryan Hall still going to be on CHED? I thought they would have sent that old horse out to pasture already.
                              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Mike Ross article on Gig City of the CHED shakeup:

http://www.gigcity.ca/2013/07/27/com...-ched-shuffle/

Comment

Working...
                                X