No announcement yet.

Carrie Doll - retirement announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^World newscasts may be changing but when it comes to local news it's nice to have a bit more of a human touch. It seems more relevant when something happens at a local level and you can relate to it. Get the views of people on the street on what's happening in local stories and sports. It's less impersonal if you feel like you know and like the person reading the news.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      ^World newscasts may be changing but when it comes to local news it's nice to have a bit more of a human touch. It seems more relevant when something happens at a local level and you can relate to it. Get the views of people on the street on what's happening in local stories and sports. It's less impersonal if you feel like you know and like the person reading the news.
      I guess it matters if you can evenly remotely identify with the specific person. Carrie Doll, at least on TV, to me, had all the personality of a talking Barbie doll. Never got the small town girl shtick. Never bought it either.
      Last edited by Replacement; 30-04-2014, 02:58 PM.
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

I was never a big fan of Carrie Doll but if they took Daryl McIntyre off the news I would miss him. Can't explain it but just know I would.
        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Geez I hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to see shades of Carrie in Carole Anne Devaney. Now that Carrie is out of the picture, Carole is looking more like 'here I am, bow to me'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            I was never a big fan of Carrie Doll but if they took Daryl McIntyre off the news I would miss him. Can't explain it but just know I would.
            I can explain it. With a co-anchor or without, McIntyre's the best. Period.

Comment

Working...
            X