Carrie Doll - retirement announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie Doll - retirement announcement

Carrie Doll just announced her retirement from broadcasting in March 2014.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

https://twitter.com/ctvedmonton/stat...59019074940929

A sad day here at CTV. @CarrieDollCTV announcing she'll step away from TV March 28 to spend more time with family
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

At least we'll be rid of the schoolgirl giggles at everything Josh Classen says.
      Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

At least she knows when to hang it up because the last 3 years she might as well be semi-retired.

The obvious question is who will fill her anchor seat? My bet is on Erin Isfeld.

Comment

I like Carrie's giggle!

As for who will replace her? Erin Isfeld is a good bet but I think she will be on mat leave by the time Carrie is done. The front-runners will likely be past and current anchors, so I'm thinking Jennifer Martin, Brenna Rose and Stacy Brotzel will be considered.

Comment

I will definitely not miss her, was never a big fan of her. Erin is the most likely replacement but her mat leave throws a wrench into that.

Comment

She isn't leaving until March 2014, I will be sad to see her go then, Until then- carry on
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

2014? Any chance she can leave sooner? That fake laugh never suited her well on the show. Even Daryl is probably thinking "sheesh..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                  I like Carrie's giggle!

As for who will replace her? Erin Isfeld is a good bet but I think she will be on mat leave by the time Carrie is done. The front-runners will likely be past and current anchors, so I'm thinking Jennifer Martin, Brenna Rose and Stacy Brotzel will be considered.
                  I've always wondered if Stacy being married to Thomas Lukaszuk will be a holdup from her having more of a "supper time news anchor" role as opposed to early morning TV anchor. I mean, it would be hard to report on government issues when you're married to one of the top guys in government.

If not, I think she would do a great job in that position.

Comment

^ I know what you're saying, but being married to a high profile pol. shouldn't make an ounce of difference to a newsreader. They're there to report, not editorialise.
                    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

While I agree, it is all about perception, and is CTV willing to take that risk.

Comment

1. How exactly is Stacey Brotzel working the 6 PM newscast supposed to be any different from doing the morning news? If she's such a huge risk then why even hire her at all?
                        2. Stacey only reads the news, it's not like she alone can pick and choose what she reports.
                        3. From what I've seen, stretching back from her days on A Channel, she rarely mentions her husband, and she's never displayed any political partisanship in her work nor in her tweets.

Comment

I have a feeling Stacey Brotzel likes her current gig. She has been working the same hours since Big Breakfast. So she still gets to enjoy family time in the evenings.

Comment

Scratch Jennifer off that candidate list:
                            http://j-source.ca/article/jennifer-...erta-primetime

Comment

I found her very boring
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X