X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers & TELUS launch new cell company

WOW ......

http://www.retail-insider.com/2013/0...to-launch.html
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Wow, didn't see that coming lol.

Comment

WOW, who picked that name, it's terrible. WOW Mobile, Sham WOW. Yuk.
      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

From a business perspective that'll be quite intriguing to see how two rivals work together. From a consumer perspective, I imagine it will be yet more of the same high pricings and inflexible service.

Comment

To be clear, that's not a cellular provider, it's a bricks-and-mortar phone store.
          I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

^ My statement on high pricing and inflexible service still stands. Every aspect of the wireless industry is so backwards in this country.

Comment

Is anyone really going to be fooled by the cellular cartel setting up another facade of extra competition to crush the smaller providers?
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

It's just putting lipstick on a pig.

I hate how the big 3 try to fool everyone into thinking there is competition, when it's just another branch of their company under another name.
                Edmonton ~ It may not be perfect, but it's home~

Comment

I wish more people would support the alternative providers to send a message to the big 3.

Comment

^problem is the service sucks with the alternatives (Wind and Mobility) because they don't have enough wireless bands for their phones.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                      I wish more people would support the alternative providers to send a message to the big 3.
                      I would, if they had coverage in rural areas.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                        ^problem is the service sucks with the alternatives (Wind and Mobility) because they don't have enough wireless bands for their phones.
                        I wouldn't say the service sucks. I've been with WIND for over 2 years and they've drastically improved their service/speeds. But that's part of breaking the monopoly. We have to support the startups so they can have enough critical mass to not only survive but challenge the big 3.

I even know people who switched to Wind because of business needs and are saving 2 to 3 times on their monthly bills.

Comment

^I guess I'm going off a couple of years ago, my GF had, and couldn't get reception in her workplace (Seemed the signal didn't penetrate the building). I'd probably consider it if I weren't given a corporate phone.

Comment

I'm with Wind for 2 years now and have never had an issue.
                            I pay $40/month for what I would have to pay with Telus it would be about $75.

I admit it's not for everyone that travels a lot, as they don't have as much coverage compared to the big 3 right now. But for someone like me that stays in the coverage areas 95% of the time, it's awesome. The few odd times I'm out of the coverage area, it doesn't cost me much for the roaming charges.
                            Edmonton ~ It may not be perfect, but it's home~

Comment

Wow, Boom, Pow, No thanks
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X