Shaw Cable opens in Southgate Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw Cable opens in Southgate Mall

Just by fluke Top_Dawg flipped over his Shaw Cable bill and noticed that they have now opened up a retail outlet in Southgate Mall.

Hard to discern but it almost reads as if they moved the 50th Street retail outlet to Southgate.

Can anybody confirm ?

Website still lists 50th street and 104 ave/178 St as well as Southgate.

http://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/author...lcity=Edmonton

Comment

This has been open for quite a while now. Definitely more convenient for most people and a better idea for Shaw.

Gotta work on this salespeople though. They don't like talking deals like they do on the phone. If you want to order some programming package call one of the phone reps. They seem to negotiate more.

But as far as picking up a new box or whatever this place is decent and has comparable prices to same Shaw equipment that Best Buy. tbh I'd rather deal with Shaw as well if something breaks down.
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

it would be nice to see a northside location open up

Comment

I went to the 50th street location on Saturday, still open and very busy. Good idea to stall more of a mall presence.
          Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

Comment

Oh, I drive by the 50th location every day and didn't even know there was a store there.

I needed a wall mount for my cable modem, the Southgate Store didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
              Oh, I drive by the 50th location every day and didn't even know there was a store there.

I needed a wall mount for my cable modem, the Southgate Store didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
              Seems like newbies there. Any question I had they were dialing somebody up for an answer or asking around the store.

Its almost as if they recruited people from Sears to work at the Shaw store.
              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

^^Went on Google SV to look for it. Shaw used to be where Excaliber and Kehoe Equipment's located now (IIRC). It looks like it's hidden in a corner now.

http://goo.gl/maps/0E34D

Edit: plus it doesn't look like there's any sign on the business complex display (at least at the time of the photo).
                Last edited by TerryH; 16-09-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH View Post
                  ^^Went on Google SV to look for it. Shaw used to be where Excaliber and Kehoe Equipment's located now (IIRC). It looks like it's hidden in a corner now.

http://goo.gl/maps/0E34D

Edit: plus it doesn't look like there's any sign on the business complex display (at least at the time of the photo).
                  I used to work in that building. The area that they are now in used to be Master Control & Production control for Channel 10.
                  Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
                  X