New hire at CTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hire at CTV

Hearing that Stacy Brotzel will be moving to CTV Morning Live.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Another nail in CityTV's coffin. Brotzel's been there since day 1 of A-Channel.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

https://twitter.com/ctvedmonton

We're thrilled to welcome @staceybrotzel to #yegctvml. She'll cohost starting Nov 12 with @RobWilliamsCTV. #yegmedia
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Stacy Brotzel's talents as a reporter/anchor were being wasted on Big Breakfast. I look forward to watching her play a bigger role on CTV Morning.

Still don't know what happened to Dez Melenka?

Comment

^ Dez is apparently still with CTV but gone back as a beat reporter. Carrie Doll mentioned that a couple of times on her twitter.

Comment

Looks like they've got a new weather guy too! Jesse Beyer from Global Saskatoon.
            https://twitter.com/RobWilliamsCTV/s...55499775320064

So great to see @staceybrotzel & @jessebeyerCTV today .. the newest members of the #yegCTVML @ctvedmonton team are on air Nov 12! #yeg

Comment

Gain two, lose one. They just announced that the lovely Sonia Sunger is leaving to move back to the west coast, her last day is Friday.

Comment

My impression from the first hour of today's show is that Stacy will be a good hire for CTV. She brings a little more energy and experience than fill-in Ashley Molnar (who I hope the station keeps around). As long as the new weather guy realizes that there are way more Eskimos fans than Riders fan in his Edmonton audience, he'll do just fine.

Comment

^ LOL. If his geography is that far off, what the hell's he doing in front of a weatherboard anyway?
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

I agree that the morning team is much improved.
                    * Rob is much more comfortable and funnier than a year ago. Back then he seemed to be overshadowed by Dez's loud and brassy presence.
                    * I've always liked Stacy. You can tell she and Rob are dear friends and will be a great team.
                    * Melissa's traffic reporting is still meh but she's still a treat to watch. How can anyone be so cute and spunky that early in the morning?!
                    * Jesse's weather presentations are much better than Larkins although he doesn't seem to have the same rapport with Melissa yet. As the relative newcomer, I guess he just needs to find his groove. Apparently he is Josh Classen's protege but not as annoying!

Ashley has gone back to the reporting beat. I like her, but my impression is that she doesn't seem to have the gift of witty banter that the others have.
                    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 12-11-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Melissa's leaving CTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                        Melissa's leaving CTV.
                        I knew that wouldn't sit well with you, SDM. I hope they settle on a replacement quickly and stick with that person. The Rob and Stacy tandem looks like it could be very strong for them.

Comment

Hopefully it won't be that Jennifer chick. She's been Melissa's fill-in before, but she's painful to watch.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ctvedmonton/stat...92460496257024

ANNOUNCEMENT: CTV Morning Live's newest traffic host is Jennifer Dolynchuk. Please join us in welcoming her @jennydoly! #yeg #yegmedia

Comment

Honestly, I really can't stand Jennifer... I find her so awful, I can't watch the show anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X