No announcement yet.

Global News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global is not much different than CTV or CBC, all television new has become laughable. At best it is a stab/death report and at worst it is flat out propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by borntohula View Post
      Global is not much different than CTV or CBC, all television new has become laughable. At best it is a stab/death report and at worst it is flat out propaganda.
      I think a few people know my opinion of Global on here.

What I'd like to see is a return to boring old unbiased news. I know they have to fight for ratings like any other tv shows but really oversensationalization (long word) runs rampant lately just so they can draw viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeman View Post
        Yup and their weather lady is awful as well.

Hear Hear! I thought it was just me that couldn't stand her. And I agree - lately their news has been very lame; I wonder if they have staffing problems. CTV has improved a lot over the years - it's fast paced, tight, and relevant. At least for the first 10 minutes. After that, it's the CBC or a sit-com for me. CBC's weather lady has my vote for the most accurate forecast and she is not annoying like that Global lady.

Comment

I miss having Claire Martin who used to be Globa's weather lady... now she forcasts for the CBC on the National.

Comment

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
            I miss having Claire Martin who used to be Globa's weather lady... now she forcasts for the CBC on the National.
            Claire has moved to CBC Vancouver. I have to disagree with comments about Nicola Crosbie @ Global. At least she has some personality and adds some levity into her weather presentations. On the other hand I can't stand Josh Klassen on CTV.
            Last edited by Barry N; 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM.
            Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry N View Post
              Claire has moved to CBC Vancouver.
              Yes, I know... She gives the forecast for the National newscast on the CBC.

Comment

what has happened to Linda's eyes? Yikes!!
                Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

Good thread. I am also finding Global News more of a "magazine" style of broadcast. I watch the news to get news, important information not trivia. I take my news very seriously and will take up some suggestions here. Tonight I will watch CBC News at 6pm and tomorrow I'll watch CTV.

PS Actually I think Nicola on Global is doing a good job with the weather. She was very nervous at first when Clare left but she is much more comfortable now.
                  We are all the same, just different...

Comment

Originally posted by KingswayGuy View Post
                    I've officially have had it with this 2nd rate newscast. The last 5 editions of their news cast have started of with the story about that girl who got abducted. And nothing new about that story. The exact same story. Talk about milking a story for everything it's worth.
                    I am not really fond of any of them instead of just reporting the news, they want to be the news! When something happens, they bring out every professor/or authority on the subject. I like to have news breaks.
                    Animals are my passion.

Comment

I wish Global would go back to half hour news! I hate how they drag it out for two full hours now.

ahh the gold old days news then a half hour of MASH!

Comment

yes, i know... She gives the forecast for the national newscast on the cbc.
                        She is also noted for her brief appearance in Pink Floyd's movie, The Wall. She can be seen (ever so briefly) as part of the children's choir singing back-up on the song, Another Brick in the Wall - Part 2.
                        Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far / shine on you crazy diamond

Comment

Originally posted by JJMorrocco View Post
                          I wish Global would go back to half hour news! I hate how they drag it out for two full hours now.

ahh the gold old days news then a half hour of MASH!
                          I like M*A*S*H!
                          ----

Comment

Watched CBC tonight and the news was better than Global. There was one anchor and therefore no personal interaction between anchors, which I liked. Tomorrow CTV....
                            We are all the same, just different...

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Watched CBC tonight and the news was better than Global. There was one anchor and therefore no personal interaction between anchors, which I liked. Tomorrow CTV....
                              That can get so annoying... I am watching the new for just that, the NEWS!!!

Comment

Just about every full length story on Global Morning News is a Calgary story. I'm close to shutting off this stupid show for good and stick to reading the paper.
                                Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 27-04-2009, 05:35 AM.
                                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X