Global News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global News

I've officially have had it with this 2nd rate newscast. The last 5 editions of their news cast have started of with the story about that girl who got abducted. And nothing new about that story. The exact same story. Talk about milking a story for everything it's worth.
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Originally posted by KingswayGuy View Post
    I've officially have had it with this 2nd rate newscast. The last 5 editions of their news cast have started of with the story about that girl who got abducted. And nothing new about that story. The exact same story. Talk about milking a story for everything it's worth.
    global news is really predictable.. their formula goes something like this:

major story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    minor story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (seriously injured)
    update older stories about murders/car crashes
    weather
    anything else happening
    you missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.

Comment

I have to agree...Global News is really starting to sound like a TV version of the Edmonton Sun... i've been watching CTV news which I find much better and CBC Edmonton which is also very good...

Comment

I used to really like Global Edmonton, but over the last couple years, the quality of their newscast has diminished significantly. I've almost stopped watching local newscasts altogether, relying on newspapers to receive my local news, and watching the National on the CBC to hear about other world events.

Comment

Yup and their weather lady is awful as well.

CTV is the only local station worthwhile watching.

Comment

Maybe CTV has gotten better in recent years, but it used to be just as bad, if not worse, than Global currently is.

Comment

global news is really predictable.. their formula goes something like this:

major story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
              minor story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
              what is Obama doing?
              car crash (fatality)
              car crash (fatality)
              car crash (seriously injured)
              update older stories about murders/car crashes
              weather
              anything else happening[/quote]

Comment

I really don't like Global, I boycott the news casts. I used to not mind them, but now I still to CTV or CityTv. The meteorologist doesn't believe in global warming, the call downtown dangerous, they'll use 107th Avenue or other areas at least 3 blocks (sometimes more) from our core and affiliate it with the downtown core diminishing the image of the core, and whatnot. they're so suburban :P.
                ----

Comment

Watch CBC News at Six.

It might be a bit of a culture shock because it is not as flashy and the pace is slower. But the news reporting is more thought-provoking and they have excellent investigative reporters at the local level.

Comment

Really i used to be a big fan of CTV and though Global was fairly bad now i am watching Global more and less CTV

Comment

CBC News at Six. Give me some hard-hitting David Gerow!

Comment

I only watch Global Morning News because there's nothing else to watch at that time, but its the best of a rotten bunch: poorly-edited headline updates, fluff content, a short list of repetitive ads (e.g. McCains), and the biggest collection of the most annoying media personalities in town (I only like the grumpy Ganam). I wish they'd bring back the old Big Breakfast on CityTV.

Although I regularly watch CTV News at 6 PM, I think I'm going to give CBC a try tonight.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^CTV Morning News/ Canada AM is on at that time. So is bt. I usually watch BT in the mornings too, sometimes at night, but usually CTV.
                          ----

Comment

March 11th is the deadline for Global's parent company to refinance its debt or declare bankruptcy.
                            http://www.twitter.com/ckls

Comment

Global shares closed at 29 cents today.
                              Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Working...
                              X