This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
    All purposers. Does anyone know if there is something planned for that big empty lot at 124 st. and 111 ave.
    I hope so but I doubt it. :/

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Game show rule of thumb: Don't wait until the last second to ring in an answer to a relatively easy question, especially if you had about 15 seconds to choose from 4 answers. She lost out on possibly winning over $200,000.

Comment

• Not all game show contestants are brilliant though

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• ^ love it!

Really though, is that Vilnius question about the level of questions on that show?
          Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmF0-DM83o

at about 1.33 in you will see what I am sure is this same woman

Now, on the You Tube clip she used her phone call and you only get one phone call. On the moon & elephant clip she also called a friend. Now, if this is the same woman was she on the show more than once or was the moon & elephant clip a fake. Or is it the same woman?.
            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• Google is even easier than calling a friend:

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Ah well, it was funny while it lasted.
                Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• I put on my winter tires last night and I checked the pressures which were still 32 psi after being in storage all summer. The optomist in me would say that I have very good tires that hold their pressure. The pessimist in me wouldf say the summer was just too short. The procrastinator in me would say that they kept their pressure for the two weeks since I put them away. LOL
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Why do Government forms still ask for your City + Province in addition to asking for your postal code .............
                    Perhaps even they find the postal code system un-understandable
                    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• It was mentioned that Jasper Ave. goes past 82nd Street up to 77th. It actually went further east, although not across Rat Creek. Parts of it still exist but under new names. It'll take a bit to find those parts.

Comment

• why is it that clothing retailers

Insist on putting the short scrawny guy
                        sizes at eye level (their tippy toe level)
                        While the goods for the tall guys is stacked nicely at the average ankle level of a Chihuahua ?

Comment

• ^Or why do smaller t-shirts come in every colour of the rainbow but oversize ones are mostly in black and white?

Comment

• Don't forget gray and putty ……..

Comment

• When I wanted to buy some pocket t-shirts, there wasn't anything larger than 2XL in the stores. Had to buy some off of eBay. Good thing was there was also some colour selection, although mid to darker colours. Brights only in smaller sizes.

Comment

• This is an actual essay written by a college applicant to NYU in response to this question:

IN ORDER FOR THE ADMISSIONS STAFF OF OUR COLLEGE TO GET TO KNOW YOU, THE APPLICANT, BETTER, WE ASK THAT YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

ARE THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE HAD, OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU HAVE REALIZED, THAT HAVE HELPED TO DEFINE YOU AS A PERSON?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abrstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA. I sleep once a week: when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven.

I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

(The author was accepted to NYU.)
                                Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Working...
                                X