This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
    ^ I'm not sure about blonde but it seems most flag people are attractive women.

A hot chick holding a "Slow" sign will get less abuse from frustrated drivers than some dude. It also gives the creeper drivers in this city some eye candy.
    For you, North Guy....

Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far / shine on you crazy diamond

Comment

• ^I know which way I'll be heading home tonight!!! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueline View Post
        So has anyone else seen the bagged car on jasper and 103 with that catchy slogan on it ?
        there's also one at Jasper right near RHW.

It's an ad for JetSet, an airport parking service. They're out on Jasper Ave handing out pamphlets.

Comment

• I quite liked the flag people they had down in the US for highway construction in Montana and Wyoming. They would pretty consistently wave motorcycles up to the front of the line of cars so we wouldn't have to hang out at the back and choke on the dust everyone else kicked up. And naturally when you got to the end of the construction and the pilot car turned off, it was nothing but open road in front of you.

Most were decidedly unlike the flag people we see in Alberta. They tended to be pretty rough looking, older men who likely weren't much good doing physical labor or operating machinery.

Comment

• Bill would criminalize computer viruses

I found this quite interesting. I'm in agreement because we all in some way have had our machines screwed with. Have a read...http://www.infosecurity-us.com/view/...puter-viruses/
            Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

• just as a follow-up to the last post I made here (in August, apparently)...

I recently used Jetset Parking at EIA and was pretty impressed. Absolutely no wait time arriving or departing. Car was running and waiting when we were dropped off by the shuttle.

There was a promo on that made the "wepark" option the same price as "youpark" when booking ahead, so the valet option was the obvious choice.

Would use again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ander View Post
                just as a follow-up to the last post I made here (in August, apparently)...

That's funny...
                If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

• Alright, I want the old Silk Hat back! Damn that was a fine restaurant!! From breakfast to late night. And the juke-boxes, waitress's, tea leave readers, the menu - OMG!

I need a Silk Hat fix.

Comment

• Alright, I want the old Silk Hat back! Damn that was a fine restaurant!! From breakfast to late night. And the juke-boxes, waitress's, tea leave readers, the menu - OMG!

I need a Silk Hat fix.

Comment

• I did that twice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                        I did that twice?
                        Yes you did yes you did....LOL

Comment

• But I hear its a bar now or something. There was a place kitty korner from the Silk where we went too - the Russian Tea Room - a few doors down on Jasper from 103st.

Comment

• It's called The Hat, a more upscale resto-bar.
                            If you want to try out a similar greasy spoon as the old Silk Hat, there is The Commodore at Jasper Ave/107 St.
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Next time I'm in Edmonton, Thanks SDM.

Comment

• There always Route 99 on 99st at 89 ave. Very retro 50's style diner complete with an aircraft wing suspended over the front entrance.

Comment

Working...
                                X