X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    After an afternoon out at Southgate.

Why do (And this is not to be sexist) women always stop at either the top or the bottom of an escalator when there are people directly behind them? Three separate times in Sears, The Bay and the escalator heading to the parking deck...... WHY? WHY? WHY?

It's a machine ladies! It it will not stop if you are in the way!
    If a lady is wearing heels then she has to be careful about stepping on an escalator.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• I agree, but i am specifically talkiing about after they get OFF the escalator (top or bottom, type of shoe does not come into play at this point) take another step then stop, talk, look around etc, then do not move away from it though other people are right behind them. It is almost like the "ride" is over and they need to catch their breath. I don't get it!

Comment

• Originally posted by darrellinyvr View Post
        I agree, but i am specifically talkiing about after they get OFF the escalator (top or bottom, type of shoe does not come into play at this point) take another step then stop, talk, look around etc, then do not move away from it though other people are right behind them. It is almost like the "ride" is over and they need to catch their breath. I don't get it!
        I believe this very thorny issue is top of the agenda at the next G20 meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy8244 View Post
          Originally posted by darrellinyvr View Post
          I agree, but i am specifically talkiing about after they get OFF the escalator (top or bottom, type of shoe does not come into play at this point) take another step then stop, talk, look around etc, then do not move away from it though other people are right behind them. It is almost like the "ride" is over and they need to catch their breath. I don't get it!
          I believe this very thorny issue is top of the agenda at the next G20 meeting.

Good I can barely wait to hear Angela Merckels take on it.

Comment

• This is a common occurrence in City Centre and a pet peeve of mine. You're not sure which way to go when you get off the escalator, I get that, but you still need to move out of the way - the escalator doesn't stop when you get off, and neither will the flood of people right behind you.
            Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

• Originally posted by RTA View Post
              This is a common occurrence in City Centre and a pet peeve of mine. You're not sure which way to go when you get off the escalator, I get that, but you still need to move out of the way - the escalator doesn't stop when you get off, and neither will the flood of people right behind you.
              Fair point - I can see how “the magic moving stairs” could baffle your average Edmontonian.

Comment

This is a common occurrence in City Centre and a pet peeve of mine. You're not sure which way to go when you get off the escalator, I get that, but you still need to move out of the way - the escalator doesn't stop when you get off, and neither will the flood of people right behind you.
                Face it. It's a common occurence at escalators period. it's like people suddenly zone out on "the ride" then snap back to reality all dazed and confused at once they get off. Not knowing where too go. You would think that people would use their time figuring out where they need to go while they are on the "ride"

It's the same with people who are in a queue at a checkout, they get to the head of the line and suddenly "Oh I have to pay for this?" then they start to fish out cash/debit/credit cards of thier wallet or purse. Or worse yet the "Let me give you some pennies or change"
                This ALWAYS happens when you are in a slight rush or it's busy at lunch hour.

I will not get into people (especially at my local Shoppers) who show up to have the cashier check 3,456 Lotto tickets. The voices the cashiers use to direct them to the Ticket Checker is Priceless!

Comment

As you may recall from "A Fish Called Wanda", it is imperitive in potentially disasterous situations like this to begin shouting and waving early enough to avoid what could be a serious collision. There is precious little time to react on these so called "escalators" (I prefer to use the term "high speed rocket stairs") and their use is most certainly at your own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy8244 View Post
                    Originally posted by RTA View Post
                    Fair point - I can see how “the magic moving stairs” could baffle your average Edmontonian.
                    This coming from a person who is mystified by flush toilets and electricity.

Comment

• Is it just me or most (all, for what I've seen) flag persons (or is it 'flag people'?) are blonde and/or white?
                      Why?
                      Why are most flag people women, white and blond in this fair city?
                      Is it b/c they stand out better against the dark pavement?
                      Seems incredibly odd that I've never seen a dark skinned flag person, ever, in this city... And I drive around the city lots, at least 1 hour a day...
                      Anyone know?

Comment

• ^ I'm not sure about blonde but it seems most flag people are attractive women.

A hot chick holding a "Slow" sign will get less abuse from frustrated drivers than some dude. It also gives the creeper drivers in this city some eye candy.

Comment

• I dunno some of those "flag persons" are not ALL THAT ATTRACTIVE standing there with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths..... maybe some of you guys are still driving too fast to get a really close look! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
                            ^ I'm not sure about blonde but it seems most flag people are attractive women.

A hot chick holding a "Slow" sign will get less abuse from frustrated drivers than some dude. It also gives the creeper drivers in this city some eye candy.
                            I know. I'm not complaining at all... Most are indeed quite attractive. and your theory sounds about right,
                            I just find it odd at least that most or all are attractive, white women.
                            So odd at best, but it also looks like job discrimination...I'll change my mind when i see an ugly hindu girl as a flag person tho.

Comment

• Car In a Bag on Jasper

So has anyone else seen the bagged car on jasper and 103 with that catchy slogan on it ?
                              Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• Originally posted by CigarHippo View Post
                                So odd at best, but it also looks like job discrimination...
                                Having been employed in the paving business since the late '80's I can confirm that it is extremely rare that you see resumes or job applications from Asians or East Indians for field positions.
                                Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far / shine on you crazy diamond

Comment

Working...
                                X