No announcement yet.

The TRUTH about climate change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preachy posts? pot kettle black? Anyways, since you've taken an interest in my efforts to be a better human to this planet, I walk or bike to work, and live a very short distance away. I have solar panels on my roof on the south facing surface, and actually generate enough in the summer months to sell back to grid. I don't drive an electric car, I have a truck that I've only put 20,000 km in 3 years, and most of that was for out of town trips. I'm not a vegetarian but I try not to eat a lot of beef, mostly chicken/fish/pork and do travel by air infrequently, but you won't find me with my own personal jet, as I can barely afford economy class. i try to buy most of my food from local farmers at farmers markets, or seek out groceries with local produce. I recycle any recyclables, re-use where I can, and compost. In my small house, I use low-flow toilets, low-flow showers. I have rain barrels to catch the rain and use it for watering my yard when required (not much this year, as I'm sure as an Edmontonian you are aware of just how wet our summer has been right?). I don't use pesticides or fertilizer. There's more I do, but I think you get the picture... I'm not just a man of words, I'm a man of action.

What are you doing to reduce your emissions and be a better citizen to the planet we call home?
    Last edited by Medwards; 30-08-2019, 10:04 AM.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• A house? Your CO2 footprint is already greater than 90% of people on this planet. Welcome to the top tier of deplorables.
      Electric car? No, a truck.
      Vegetarian? No.
      Geothermal heating? No.
      Electricity from solar panels? A fraction. Maybe during the peaks you have a surplus for a few hours of the day.
      Battery backup? No. So you're on the grid most of the time.
      Geothermal heat? No.
      Avoid air travel? No.

Did you get a tax rebate when you bought your solar panels? If so, thank me, some of my taxes paid for your solar panels.

Carry on eco-warrior.
      Last edited by MrCombust; 30-08-2019, 11:02 AM.
      "Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 °C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
        Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwi, tuːˈkwoʊkweɪ/; Latin for "you also"), or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a fallacy that intends to discredit the opponent's argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s). The Oxford English Dictionary cites John Cooke's 1614 stage play, The Cittie Gallant, as the earliest use of the term in the English language.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• The TRUTH. How to convince a climate skeptic.....

"Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 °C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Comment

• Originally posted by MrCombust View Post
            A house? Your CO2 footprint is already greater than 90% of people on this planet. Welcome to the top tier of deplorables.
            Vegetarian? No.
            Geothermal heating? No.
            Electricity from solar panels? A fraction. Maybe during the peaks you have a surplus for a few hours of the day.
            Geothermal heat? No.
            Avoid air travel? No.

Did you get a tax rebate when you bought your solar panels? If so, thank me, some of my taxes paid for your solar panels.

Carry on eco-warrior.
            Expected response exactly I was expected. It's amazing how you focus on select trivial details and ignore the rest of the TRUTH, and then still get the small bits you focused on wrong. Some of your assumed answers I never answered so I'm really at a loss how you made those assumptions.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
              Originally posted by MrCombust View Post
              A house? Your CO2 footprint is already greater than 90% of people on this planet. Welcome to the top tier of deplorables.
              Vegetarian? No.
              Geothermal heating? No.
              Geothermal heat? No.
              Avoid air travel? No.

Carry on eco-warrior.
              Expected response exactly I was expected. It's amazing how you focus on select trivial details and ignore the rest of the TRUTH, and then still get the small bits you focused on wrong. Some of your assumed answers I never answered so I'm really at a loss how you made those assumptions.
              You base your morality and piety on your carbon footprint. Yet your footprint is surely in the top 10%. CO2 is your God, and you appoint yourself as a priest of CO2 reduction. It's the millenial religion.
              You threaten hellfire and damnation upon deniers while you consume CO2 as much as anybody. And you think a solar panel buys your way into heaven.

This is what YOU call science.
              Last edited by MrCombust; 30-08-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Still making all those false assumptions eh? And look at you with the ad hominem attacks that you cried about earlier. wah- wah wah

What I do I call a small step in the right direction. I certainly consume far less CO2 than most on this continent.

Back at you, what are you doing outside of spreading misinformation, personal attacks, judgement and fake news?

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                  I certainly consume far less CO2 than most on this continent.
                  You sure about that? Most people on this continent are poor. Poor people don't have a house, poor people don't have a truck, poor people can't afford flights. Most people on this continent live south of Edmonton. People in Florida don't need much home heating.

No need to ask me what I do. I'm not spitting fire, fury and hatred at people who want to discuss science.
                  Last edited by MrCombust; 30-08-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• You sure about that? Most people on this continent are poor. Poor people don't have a house, poor people don't have a truck, poor people can't afford flights. Most people on this continent live south of Edmonton. People in Florida don't need much home heating.
                    People in florida don't need much home heating, but I'm sure their A/C runs alot.
                    Most people on this continent are poor? What? This continent is pretty much the 1%

"I'm not spitting fire, fury and hatred at people who want to discuss science."
                    You are the one calling people liars, liar blogs and all sorts of other slams/slurs/negative connotations . Do you even read what you write? You don't want to even discuss science. You want to dismiss well respected peer reviewed science in favour of some random blogger spouting off with no actual facts or studies done and none of their 'work' peer reviewed.

The majority of people on this continent live or rent a house, own a vehicle and are not poor by any stretch of the imagation compared with the rest of the world.

Did you know that Edmonton is in Canada?
                    Last edited by Medwards; 30-08-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• The TRUTH. Republicans repenting of thier sins in the face of climate threat

U.S.—Millions of Americans have repented of their sinful ways and turned to Jesus after hearing that Democrats are going to be on CNN for seven whole hours talking about climate change next week.

Whole cities, towns, and states accepted Christ as their savior as they saw God’s judgment coming on the nation in the form of Democrats going on and on about climate change for hours.

“Please Lord—do not leave Your people to suffer,” one man prayed, prostrate on the ground, sweating blood from his despair. “Why have you forsaken us? ‘Awake, Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever. Why do you hide your face and forget our misery and oppression?‘”

“I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done,” cried one Seattle woman, who was an atheist until she heard about the town hall and repented of her sins. “I have strayed far from you, Lord, but I now commit my life to you if you’ll just promise to return before Wednesday.”

“We know, O Lord, that you can save us from having to hear rich white guys with multiple homes lecture us on conserving energy,” said a man named Daniel in Iowa. “But even if You do not, you are still Lord.”

“But seriously, please, save us.”

Comment

• That’s a good one. Put a smile on my face anyway. Just got home from the left coast. This time around I was really noticing the driving habits. I think maximum 50 means 70 minimum in BCish. 70 means 90 minimum and 90 means 120 and up is acceptable. Talk about a rat race. Lower mainland and the island and the Okanagan are the worst. Never see cops either. Hit the great divide and rcmp cars suddenly appear everywhere. Amazing. The traffic seems very controlled on this side in comparison. I felt a bit intimidated out there. My 1.6 litre couldn’t compare or keep up on the grades. They must burn a lot of fuel with their boot scootin cars.
                        Last edited by Drumbones; 31-08-2019, 07:37 PM.
                        Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• This is what makes me laugh. If we really cared about CO2 the first thing would be to reduce the speed on all highways. That wouldn't cost a dime and the CO2 reduction would be enormous. Instead we subsidize electric cars that do nothing, to reduce CO2, or carbon tax everybody that doesn't reduce CO2 either. What a farce it all is. Anybody can see that.

Comment

• ^ The USA tried that and failed and eventually allowed states to set speed limits appropriate to road design. Ontario is still trying and failing - nobody drives under 100 km/h on the 401 unless there is a blizzard or they are stuck in traffic. It just isn't reasonable to design a road for 130 km/h and expect people to do 90 km/h. The fuel savings aren't as big as you might expect either - most vehicle's engines are operating well below optimum efficiency at slow highway speeds, so even though the power required to go 120 km/h is more than double the power required to go 90 km/h, fuel consumption does not go up that fast and fuel efficiency only decreases by about 20%.

Electric vehicles are different though, as their efficiency is largely independent of power output and range starts dropping fast as you speed up past 70-80 km/h. If they are powered by fossil-generated electricity there is little difference in CO2 produced compared to a gasoline car if you drive 120 km/h or more, but there is a bigger difference at slower speeds and a huge difference in urban settings where speeds are slower still and regenerative braking comes into play. EVs can readily achieve 8 km/kWh in city driving - with gasoline having an energy content of about 9 kWh/L, that is equivalent to about 70 km/L of gas (1.4 L/100 km). That is three times better than a Prius.

Comment

• A 20% savings of fuel would be massive. And that's using your stat, which I don't believe. The reason we don't do it isn't because we can't. It's because we won't. Your arguments don't make sense. And cherry picking a favourable aspect of electric car efficiency while ignoring all other deficiencies is classic climate "science" propaganda.
                              Electric cars run on coal, power is lost charging the battery, power is lost when dischargung the battery, electric cars are expensive, power is lost when it's cold, power is lost when you heat, or air condition, the cab, they require a lot of energy to build.
                              I get so tired of the "climate spin". It's pervasive, fraudulent, and boring.
                              Last edited by MrCombust; 01-09-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• The TRUTH. Edmonton declares climate emergency

Our summer is gone. Nothing but cold weather. Winters are freezing. We live in the coldest major city in the continent. Our parking stalls come with block heaters.
                                And we declare a climate emergency because it's getting warmer.
                                Wake up Edmonton.

Comment

Working...
                                X