No announcement yet.

State of the world, state sponsored terror, terror and war in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you check in online, you're asked if you have any guns, weapons, etc. (I can't remember the exact wording) in your checked baggage. I've never carried such items, so always click the 'no' button. So, what happens if you click 'yes'? Can someone enlighten?

When spotted by the x-ray equipment at airport security, why aren't guns compulsorily removed, boxed up and sent at owner's expense by mail to their final destination?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Air Canada tweeted to CNN asking them to please stop telling everyone the shooter was on an Air Canada flight:

https://i.sli.mg/C3OL3E.png

(The reply comment below it is funny)

Comment

• Don't we have lots of small businesses that are dependent on attracting hunters?

Ammo and guns together seems crazy but decades have gone by without this happening before so... I'm not sure what should be done, if anything.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...ishing-hunting

Comment

• Well, up until today I guess we've been lucky. Classic case of 'just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't or won't happen'.
          Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Originally posted by howie View Post
            Well, up until today I guess we've been lucky. Classic case of 'just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't or won't happen'.
            Or that it will but the eventuality and losses were deemed acceptable. It sure couldn't have been a risk that anti-terrorism authorities hadn't considered happening. In retrospect taking off shoes etc. seems like somewhat of a farce or charade.

Comment

• Fake news maybe?

Nigeria: Babies used in suicide bombings, officials warn
              From the section Africa

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38725976

Comment

• The BBC isn't known for publishing material they haven't checked. The incident is horrifying but not out of line with other acts by Boko Haram.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Sad we're at the point where a terrorist attack in London that kills five people no longer warrants discussion. (Until now, more than a day after)

Comment

• Is "that point" that everybody feels that they're VC e said their bit, or that London doesn't feel close-to-home enough, or 5 deaths isn't enough, or, or what??

Attention and fear, sorry, terror, is what terrorists are after. The less we notice the better.
                    There can only be one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralph60 View Post
                      Sad we're at the point where a terrorist attack in London that kills five people no longer warrants discussion. (Until now, more than a day after)
                      BBC had a lot of coverage on it yesterday.

Sad too that far more destructive attacks in other nations don't warrant much coverage.

However, we're a commonwealth nation so we should be very interesting in events in the U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                        Sad too that far more destructive attacks in other nations don't warrant much coverage.
                        Like what?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                          Originally posted by KC View Post
                          Like what?
                          Maybe this (below). It's got coverage on BBC. Not sure if it will get much additional coverage, TV coverage, etc.
                          And see if Trudeau makes a phone call.

Militia fighters decapitate 40 police officers in DR Congo
                          3 hours ago
                          Africa

Militia fighters in DR Congo have decapitated about 40 police officers in an ambush in the central province of Kasai, local officials say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39396196
                          Last edited by KC; 25-03-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• What makes the news is a change in the status quo. That seems like something typical weekly happening in Congo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                              What makes the news is a change in the status quo. That seems like something typical weekly happening in Congo.
                              Then why did you say: "Like what?"

Comment

• It was an honest question. I suppose I can respond by saying that they ARE covered.

Not here very often because they aren't really news here. But Al Jazeera and other news sites for African countries where this stuff is reported every day are just a click away.

Comment

Working...
                                X