No announcement yet.

Topless'ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have got to admit that women use their boobs as a advantage to attract mates, otherwise they would not buy push up bras and deep plunging necklines to outdo their female competition.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 24-12-2013, 05:30 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I think this falls under the jurisdiction of public health. While I support breastfeeding in public, I think going topless should be treated in the same way as drinking. Restrict it to licensed areas.
      "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

^^...have to admit...........nobody is denying it.

Same for guys without shirts.

Single guys 15-40 - topless to attract a mate
        Married guys 18 -40 - topless to show the other gals/guys what they are missing.
        Single or married guys 40 - 55 - just don't care any more.
        Guys 55 onward - care even less.
        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

My point isn't that breasts can't be sexualized. It's that there is no need for them to be.

If I can take my shirt off at a beach or when I am out tanning or just sitting in a friends backyard why can't my gf?

It's the fetishization of sex, sexuality, and peoples bodies that is the problem here. *I am all for fetishes but we have to draw the line where people fetishize a body part to the point where it needs to be covered up, look at muslim nations (and yes this is a fair analogy, there are scholars who would say that it was the fetishization of long hair and lips that caused head scarves to be forced on women)*

Women aren't the only ones who use their bodies, men do too. When I was in my teen years I worked out and was a national level athlete and I used that to my advantage in attracting girls. I did the same in univ, I knowingly did it (and upon later reflection of many crappy and failed relationships decided that using my abs and pecks to attract girls wasn't the best choice and decided emotional richness, intellectual brilliance and common interests are what make for good relationships *in my case* and I couldn't be happier). But if you've got it and you think you can work it many people will. If it's okay for a guy to lift his shirt up to show off his abs or chest, why can't a woman? If it's okay for a guy to lay on a beach and get a tan or just sit on his balcony/backyard or go for a drive wearing shoes and shorts why can't a woman?

As for the 10,000 years of human form worship, well, we thought the earth was flat at the center of the universe and everything rotated around it and that women are emotional too fragile to work. Seems we've come a long way, has it not? The problem with the attitude of "well we've done it for 4000, 10000, 15000 years can't change now" is that is a defeatist attitude and reflects that we can't change *at best* and shouldn't change *at worst* when neither of those is the case....

Comment

If everyone walked around naked there would be no mystery anymore. It would just be an everyday occurrence. The mystery and the tease can be bought at Victoria Secret. If you are lucky 50% on boxing day. Most fetishes are jokes.

Comment

^And that's the problem, people think you can by mystery and teasing by going to victoria secret and getting some crappy lingere. Purchases don't add those things.

Comment

Toplessness is all well and good until you realize that it would apply to all people including your 64 year old bookkeeper, who walks into your office on a hot day sans her blouse, all 280 pounds of her with her womanliness pointing due south.

There is an advantage in keeping the mystery especially for preventing permanent retina burns.
                Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by IdriveaSubaru View Post
                  ^And that's the problem, people think you can by mystery and teasing by going to victoria secret and getting some crappy lingere. Purchases don't add those things.
                  A painting does not need a frame but framing it can make it much more appealing to the viewer.

A car performs the same no matter what color but a red sports car just looks faster.

Even my dog looks better in a bandana.

NMD

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                    Toplessness is all well and good until you realize that it would apply to all people including your 64 year old bookkeeper, who walks into your office on a hot day sans her blouse, all 280 pounds of her with her womanliness pointing due south.

There is an advantage in keeping the mystery especially for preventing permanent retina burns.
                    Men don't go to office jobs shirtless, so why would women? I think some relaxation of office dress codes for summer would be a good thing, but I think both genders should still be covered from mid-thigh to armpit in any sort of professional environment.
                    Otherwise, what makes a saggy, overweight woman worse to look at than a saggy, overweight man?

Comment

I don't care how anyone looks naked. That's just judgmental BS. Who cares what they look like. What a stupid way to see the world.

If they are 280lbs of stretchy and floppy whatever, well, that's their body. You don't have to look and you sure as hell have no right to be a judgmental jerk about it..

And I think your dog looks stupid with a bandana, I think all dogs look stupid with bandanas.. So there's that. *see being judgmental is idiotic*

Comment

Originally posted by IdriveaSubaru View Post
                        Victoria Secret is crappy lingerie and yet you see fetishes as not as crappy.
                        What is so nice about seeing someone all in leather sweating like a bad cheese, cracking a whip like they are herding cows and wearing a mask like the Lone Ranger. Add to that a big stomach and huge *****. In leather that just looks like two pigs fighting for supremacy. The dog in the bandana is more appealing than that.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 25-12-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanium48 View Post
                          Men don't go to office jobs shirtless, so why would women? I think some relaxation of office dress codes for summer would be a good thing, but I think both genders should still be covered from mid-thigh to armpit in any sort of professional environment.
                          Otherwise, what makes a saggy, overweight woman worse to look at than a saggy, overweight man?
                          So you agree that there should be limits to what people wear or not wear in various places. I don't see any problem with women being topless at the beach or in certain places and have been to many places where women walked and worked freely topless and even bottomless.

Comment

Of course there are limits to what people wear or not wear in various places. Even the militant topless types agree to that. You were the one that indicated that if the law were changed to introduce parity that your bookkeeper would be showing up to work topless.

Eve

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                              You have got to admit that women use their boobs as a advantage to attract mates, otherwise they would not buy push up bras and deep plunging necklines to outdo their female competition.
                              I don't really agree, I think its more about status with other women. Its a bit like how guys like to have the biggest biceps, its called doing "curls for girls", but its as much about respect from other guys.

Comment

If it was just to attract mates, that wouldn't explain the dress code by certain women in an all-female workforce. Something I've observed many times.

Eve

Comment

Working...
                                X