Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hearty welcome to the new members! Your experience will be appreciated by all around here i'm sure.
    Time to grow up.

Comment

Hi! New Edmontonian here. Moved for a new job at the begining of August. I'm really looking forward to discovering a new city. After only 4 weeks I can say it's a good change of pace. Born and raised in Cowtown and figured it was time to try a new venue. So far so good!

Comment

Hi ALL!
        I, on the other hand, am an Edmontonian to be. Born in Nigeria. At 16 came to Moscow, been living in Moscow for 16yrs now, planning to immigrate to Edmonton.
        We (with my wife) are in the final stage of our immigration process, so expecting to land in Edmonton in the next 2-3 months.
        Edmonton is our choice for a million reasons. we have no doubt the city will meet our expectations.
        Nothing is permanent but change.

Comment

Originally posted by ludba
          Hi ALL!
          I, on the other hand, am an Edmontonian to be. Born in Nigeria. At 16 came to Moscow, been living in Moscow for 16yrs now, planning to immigrate to Edmonton.
          We (with my wife) are in the final stage of our immigration process, so expecting to land in Edmonton in the next 2-3 months.
          Edmonton is our choice for a million reasons. we have no doubt the city will meet our expectations.
          Hi ludba!

Welcome to this forum and soon to Edmonton.

Edmonton is a great city and needs great people.

I have no doubt that you and your wife will love it here. Coming from Moscow I am sure that you can handle an Edmonton winter.

Good luck with all your plans and keep posting to this forum if you have any questions, concerns or comments.

Welcome!

Comment

thanx djgirl.
            yeah, Winter won't be a problem. I just see it as a season, that's all. (as long as it's not gonna be -40 degrees celcius all the time )
            Nothing is permanent but change.

Comment

No, it won't be minus 40 all the time...

Actually, Edmonton doesn't have too many days where it is brutally cold. The best thing about winter here is that it is really sunny and somehow that makes the cold that much more bearable.

I came from a tropical environ and well I don't like the really cold weather I have found that as long as you dress for it and are prepared when driving etc. that it is doable.

Edmontonians are a hardy bunch but we are also a very welcoming group, this is the warmest (people wise) city I have ever been to.

I have not been to Moscow since the change in politics but I always loved the ballet and the wonderful architecture of the city.

Edmonton has a great, thriving and active arts and cultural scene but is still a baby when it comes to history.

Thanks for coming and contributing to building Edmonton into one of the great cities of the world!

Comment

Hey I'm Paul,
                Pretty young (2nd year uni) and a proud Edmontonian.
                I'm interested in contributing to this forum
                since I'm considering Urban planning as a career path.
                Just wondering if there's any people around my age...
                or if I have to speak out for them :P .

Comment

Hey Paul, I'm just about 23, so I guess I would be one of the younger members.

Comment

sweet...
                    I'm still 18 haha.
                    Are you at all related in the field of planning?
                    'Cause I'm pretty knew to this.
                    I'm taking Environmental Studies with a minor in Human Geography at the U of A.

might need some guidance

Comment

Hey!

Well I have posted here before, but since I'm a "binge poster" and not a regular, I might as well re-introduce myself.

Chump isn't my name but apparently I am one

Born and raised in Edmonton, now live in Saskatoon...which, by the way, is in many many ways very similar to E town - only smaller. Spectacular river valley, great University, busy summer festival season....maybe we should be sister cities

Living away from E-town has given me better perspecitve on some issues for the city. One of which is "the Sign"....but I'll start a thread on that some other time, hehe

Cheers!

Chump

Comment

Originally posted by Chump
                        ....maybe we should be sister cities
                        The smartest thing Edmonton could do is foster strong relationships with Saskatoon and others along the Yellowhead. Stop looking south...
                        President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
                          Originally posted by Chump
                          ....maybe we should be sister cities
                          The smartest thing Edmonton could do is foster strong relationships with Saskatoon and others along the Yellowhead. Stop looking south...
                          I have thought about that for some time (sister city idea, not the yellowhead thing, which is even better).

Perhaps a letter to the Mayor is in order

Comment

Edmonton should not forget about "the other corridor" - meaning from here to Winnipeg, and from here to Jasper on the other side.

It may not be quite as much in the news as the North-South axis of our province, but if those other cities do well (Lloydminster-Saskatoon-Yorkton-Brandon-Winnipeg) then that means our customers and our visitors are doing well.
                            City Centre Airport is to the sky as False Creek is to the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH
                              I should post since I've been signed up for a while.

Went to Athlone, Wellington and Victoria Composite during my school years.

May yet move back to Edmonton as GP is getting too rich for my tastes.
                              Hey, Terry. What years did you attend Vic Comp? I went there 90-94, graduated class of '93. I was involved in the choirs and the year-end musicals and hung out with the artsy crowd up by the library.

And I work with a whole bunch of Grande Prairians.

Comment

My name is Patty. Almost a native Edmontonian; I've lived here since I was 6 mo. old. I live in Old Strathcona, in an apartment. I'm employed by the province in the department of 'Infrastructure and Transportation'.

Comment

Working...
                                X