Still Believe in Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IKAN104 View Post
    Let's put it this way. Let's say that I'm on side "A" and you're on side "B" of this argument. People who do research into this topic (and I don't mean just watching CBC every night) never move from side "A" to side "B", they only move from side "B" to side "A". Why is that?
    Of my entire post, that's all you had to come back with?
    Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

Originally posted by RTA View Post
      Let's put it this way. Let's say that I'm on side "A" and you're on side "B" of this argument. People who do research into this topic (and I don't mean just watching CBC every night) never move from side "A" to side "B", they only move from side "B" to side "A". Why is that?
      Of my entire post, that's all you had to come back with?
      Ya, it's designed to get you to start thinking for yourself. Have fun.

Comment

Ya, it's designed to get you to start thinking for yourself. Have fun.
        Wow, what an insulting and patronizing reply! You assume that I don't think for myself because we disagree about climate change? Nice work. If you plan to change any hearts and minds, don't expect to get any results by making assumptions like this, or by calling the very people you're trying to get through to as "sheeple."

On that subject, as soon as you brought up the Illuminati, you just did a major, major disservice to the anti-climate-change campaign. I don't know if I should thank you for that or not.

Comment

Obviously you don't think for yourself. I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to shake you awake. If you had done any research at all you would know that the Illuminati is no fairy tale. I used to be just as ignorant as you. I used to laugh at suggestions of conspiracies, but when you start looking into it you realize that there is a lot of compelling evidence that simply can't be ignored.

And the point of my responses is not to try to convince you of what I know because you're not going to believe me just because I say it is so. The point of my posts is to try to get people to do their own research. That is the only way you will believe it. You have to see it for yourself.

Comment

^ Actually, you are insulting me. The sooner you figure out why, the sooner you'll figure out how to actually communicate an idea in such a way that someone might actually be interested in listening to you.

Comment

Global warming is a lefty lie. I have said this all along. The planet warms up and cools down, its all part of the cycle. this has repeated itself several times in the past.

Cliffnotes: Lefties, STOP your damn lying!!!!!
              Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

Comment

this thread seems so familiar...
                be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
                  Global warming is a lefty lie. I have said this all along. The planet warms up and cools down, its all part of the cycle. this has repeated itself several times in the past.

Cliffnotes: Lefties, STOP your damn lying!!!!!
                  It's no more damn lying than insisting your skirt isn't a skirt, it's a utili-kilt or that your purse isn't a purse, it's a man-bag...

Global warming or climate change or whatever you choose to call it is what it is by whatever name is used...
                  "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Yes, IKAN, you are insulting everybody who doesn't agree with your conspiracy thinkings and hoaxes.

Originally posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
                    I really hope you guys are kidding with some of your responses.

Yes of course it's ocurring, and of course we are to blame. It's irresponsible and selfish to think otherwise IMO.

Yes, there are natural cycles in the Earth's climate, but from the stats I saw, prior to the Industrial Revolution, we were actually starting to get into a cooling period, but went warmer due to the industrial and urban growth. Not only that, but many stats and predictions show that different things with the climate are off the charts and outside of the normal range that has occurred for as far back as we can trace.
                    You're basing your argument on the assumption that those "stats" you saw are real and true. Haven't you heard about climategate? Those computer models were falsified. That's a fact.

How is it perfectly ok and natural for a river to be turned dark instead of clear blue due to dumping of waste and kill many fish. Yeah, that's normal. Yeah, that was not our fault at all, it was the monkeys of course!
                    Now you're just talking about pollution. That negatively affects our environment and our health, but it does not cause global warming and it does not kill the planet. Keep it in perspective.

How is it perfectly normal for our ice to be cracking up, falling into the ocean, and melting, thus causing sea levels to rise? Especially at the rate it is now. Or how is it normal to have hurricanes as strong as they have become recently? Way outside the normal realm.
                    Have you seen the sea levels rise?

Oh, and yeah...it's perfectly natural for there to be holes in the Ozone layer, or thinning...yeah perfectly natural, right?
                    How do you know there are holes in the Ozone layer?

Does everybody just not realize the impact we have on this planet? Look at the midwestern US, it may look like nature from far away satelite images...but it's all HUMAN farms! All the forests we've cut down, and all the pretty green golf courses we've created in Nevada and Arizona...yeah no impact on altering the environment. You keep telling yourselves that.
                    Just an FYI: The forests are there for us to use. We are supposed to cut them down. We are supposed to farm the land. We are supposed to use the resources of earth to live. That is what they are there for. This planet was designed to sustain us and it is doing a fine job.

Just wow.
                    Yes, indeed.

One of the saddest things about humans is we only act when somethings starring us in the eye, yet we have the brains to solve something prior to it happening. Well, it's too late now I guess.
                    I bet you just saw the movie Avatar didn't you? Evil humans. All they want to do is destroy natural beauty and consume resources. That's the message they want you to hear. Try not to lose your own mind in the midst of the bombardment. Humans are not evil.

I'm not trying to slam you with my responses here, but I'm trying to make you think about your own statements. Are you really thinking for yourself and using deductive reasoning?

Remember too, that the people who are feeding you all this stuff are the people with all the power. And those people have an agenda. To think that they would never lie to you or keep things from you is very naive.

Have you read the draft of the treaty they proposed? I have. And I can tell you that its main focus is to implement a mechanism that will transfer wealth from rich nations to poor nations. They just want to redistribute the wealth. From Edmonton to Uganda. And conveniently they'll need some form of global governance to implement this scheme. Read the document. Here's the link.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpre...hagen-2009.pdf

If you can do your own research, with an open mind, and disregard the fact that arguments from either side are coming from people who "should know what they're talking about" or "should have your best interests at heart" because they are politicians or because they are the main stream media or because they are scientists or because we just trust NASA and everything they tell us, and if you then still believe what you now believe then I can respect that, but at this point I think you are just a ventriloquists puppet.

I'm not even going to reply to all of this because frankly, it's not worth it, you're not going to change your mind, and I don't have the time.

Okay, I've bolded the three things I'd like to reply to.

First, who says we actually have the right to cut down all those forests? Who says that we have the right to? God? I certainly don't think so. That's just stupid to think that just because we have the means to do something, that it's okay. We have the means to kill other people of our own species, so is that okay? Do we have the God Given Right to do that too?

No I haven't seen Avatar, actually. But I will be honest, it does look pretty interesting, although I don't know too much about it. How are humans not evil? This planet doesn't have a more cruel species! You could argue that animals that do something or another thing which go against [insert cult/religion here] are cruel, but they act in instinct for the most part (this doesn't pertain to all animals though). We have the sophistication to be cruel, it's just that. How are we not cruel when we dehumanize, murder, bully, or destroy anyone or anything?

That last point I bolded for you is just terrible. So you're saying Uganda should just stay poor? Yeah, that's fair. So you think it's proper and 'right' for there to be such disparity and that the poorer should remain poorer?

Originally posted by RTA View Post
                    ^ Actually, you are insulting me. The sooner you figure out why, the sooner you'll figure out how to actually communicate an idea in such a way that someone might actually be interested in listening to you.
                    +1.
                    Last edited by edmontonenthusiast; 17-01-2010, 03:26 PM.
                    ----

Comment

When IKAN104 stated that global warming is yet another plot by the "Illuminati" to rule the world, my baloney detector alarm started ringing....

Check out the Skeptics Dictionary at skepdic.com and click on illuminati...this is an excellent website that debunks a lot of nonsense...

Comment

^ You should check the real dictionary at dictionary.com as it is bologna

Comment

From dictionary.com

"ba⋅lo⋅ney  [buh-loh-nee] Show IPA
                          Use baloney in a Sentence
                          –noun
                          1. Slang. foolishness; nonsense.
                          2. Informal. bologna.
                          –interjection
                          3. Slang. nonsense.
                          Also, boloney.

Origin:
                          1915–20, Americanism; 1925–30 for def. 2; alter. of bologna, with substitution of -ey 2 for final schwa
                          Dictionary.com Unabridged
                          Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009. "

I had to check, because I use "baloney" sometimes too. Back to the debate.
                          aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

I was kidding Jimbo, a little comic relief in a pretty heated debate. Does anyone really think they can change the minds of anyone on here regarding Global Warming? It seems that this topic is one of those that no matter what the "other" side says, people will not change their minds no matter what "proof" is presented. This thread is one of many on here that is just going to go in circles and die a slow painful death.

Comment

here's the fact that nobody can dispute: each year we release millions of tonnes of carbon that was previously stored in the earth, into the atmosphere. that has the potential to throw a serious wrench into the natural climate systems. that's the bottom line. no 'climategate' can change this fact.

Comment

Yes, the forests exist for us to harvest. The planet exists to support humans. hahahahahaha!

I guess IKAN also thinks that the petroleum resources in the earth are there for us to process into plastic discs, copy a pirated version of "How I Met Your Mother" off the internet, give to a friend, have them watch it, then throw it in the garbage after less than a week. Yes, this is how humanity stewards our planet.

IKAN104 serves as proof of my theory that anybody spouting extremist or absolutist viewpoints on *either* side of any debate is probably wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X