Still Believe in Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrCombust View Post
    You pick the climate model, you pick the time period, and you pick the temperature data. Match'm up and voila', you "predicted" the past? 2001?

Ha Ha. Climate "science" can "predict" the past.
    Again showing how little you understand this topic. It's embarrassing. No one is picking temperature data, they are inputting our actual pollution emissions into past models and coming up with fairly accurate representations of our current climate.

What you're claiming they do doesn't even make sense. If you already have the temperature data then it's not a model, its just a graph.

And what is this "pause" you're going on about? How has it made them fail? Teach me the TRUTH. Again, for someone who claims to have all the answers, you're doing a pretty bad job of explaining your position and providing data to back it up. And remember, random rambling youtube videos don't count as a source.

Comment

• MrCombust doesn't understand what models or forecasts are, or predictions, and demonstrates on the regular he doesn't even understand the difference between Climate and Weather.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2943/study-confirms-climate-models-are-getting-future-warming-projections-right/

In a study accepted for publication in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, a research team led by Zeke Hausfather of the University of California, Berkeley, conducted a systematic evaluation of the performance of past climate models. The team compared 17 increasingly sophisticated model projections of global average temperature developed between 1970 and 2007, including some originally developed by NASA, with actual changes in global temperature observed through the end of 2017. The observational temperature data came from multiple sources, including NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP) time series, an estimate of global surface temperature change.

The results: 10 of the model projections closely matched observations. Moreover, after accounting for differences between modeled and actual changes in atmospheric carbon dioxide and other factors that drive climate, the number increased to 14. The authors found no evidence that the climate models evaluated either systematically overestimated or underestimated warming over the period of their projections.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• One of the coldest weeks I can remember. Feels good. Thanks for scaring away that nasty warming arctic air for awhile Greta!

Comment

• "I just ate a huge meal. That's why there's no such thing as starvation" - Stoneman

Comment

• Have you folks noticed that the endearing term is no longer "global warming" but us now called "climate change"?
              " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• Meanwhile Australia is trying.

The greater energy in the atmosphere and oceans create greater temperature swings longer droughts and more intense storms.

It is a concept the Neanderthals never really understand.
                Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                  Have you folks noticed that the endearing term is no longer "global warming" but us now called "climate change"?
                  there hasn't been any change, at least within the scientific community, as both phrases have been in use for a long time. this is because both phrases refer to two different things.

global warming refers to the long-term of rising average global temperatures while climate change refers to those changes resulting from that increase in average temperatures.

while causally related, they are not the same thing even though they are often used interchangeably in casual conversation.

https://skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm

"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• I recall "global warming" was the term used solely since 1985 when it was first introduce to us. The main finding back then were arousal spray which thinned out the ozone layers. If I recalled correctly, that term then included "climate change" within the last decade; now, I rarely hear global warming used but climate change in the media. The problems is, global warming wouldn't put us through a deep freeze that we have gone through the last week nor the huge dumping of snow in Newfoundland yesterday. Our earth's magnetosphere is acting beyond crazy which is not caused by our environment where the bowshoc us in irregular shape through viewing NASA's charts; the "ring of fire" is acting up with earthquakes as intensities are rising at alarming levels without any mentioned on the news; so, is it global warming/climate change, or is there something else interfering with earth without appearing like a nutcase? I have been following earthquake activities since 2015 closely. Back then, you would see earthquakes appeared on your average low of 2.5 to 3.5 magnitude, but today 5.5 is the norm with much higher intensity of occurrence on the average. Personally, I believe we are being withheld of something and this climate change is more of a diversion of something much larger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                      Meanwhile Australia is trying.

The greater energy in the atmosphere and oceans create greater temperature swings longer droughts and more intense storms.

It is a concept the Neanderthals never really understand.
                      And the people that start the bushfires too, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                        "I just ate a huge meal. That's why there's no such thing as starvation" - Stoneman
                        "I'm always right. And if you don't think so, just ask me." - kkozoriz

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneman View Post

And the people that start the bushfires too, right?
                          Ahhhhhh, the other day, the average daily high in every place in Australia was over 105°F or 41°C.

Arsonists and uncareful idiots may start fires but they did not cause the years long droughts or sustained record temperatures.

The name Stoneman sounds and talks a bit Neanderthalic doesn't it?
                          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• How do you explain Africa? They were historically what Australia is right now, but they have endured so much rain and flooding while the Aussies go through heat and drought. If it is globalwarming/climate change, shouldn't that be earthly universality? Global warming shouldn't be prejudice or partisan...or can it?

Comment

• You mean like South Africa?

The 2018–19 Southern Africa drought is an ongoing period of drought taking place in Southern Africa. The drought began in late October 2018, and is negatively affecting food security in the region. As of mid-August 2019, the drought is classified as a level 2 Red-Class event by the Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System.
                              or 13 other countries in Africa

Drought in Africa leaves 45 million in need across 14 countries

Failed rains across eastern Africa, southern Africa, and the Horn of Africa are seeing another dire season for farmers, increasing food prices and driving up the aid needs of tens of millions of already vulnerable people across the three regions.
                              Just because you are uninformed does not mean it is not happening.

Comment

• Drought is over as of around October 2019 to now in 25 countries which I'll be glad to list for you and the number casualties. I found this out through a fellow tradesman of Somalian background then I googled up for reference. Please do the honor and Google up for yourself. Thanks for 2018 info, but you should know we are in 2020 just like Australia's current delima which didnt occur in 2018 ( perhaps to some degree).

Comment

Working...
                                X