Still Believe in Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Believe in Global Warming?

I haven't posted at C2E for quite some time, but I thought I'd throw this out there just to see if opinions have changed at all since the last time this was a topic. The last time we discussed global warming on C2E the vast majority of posters believed it was real and were quick to insult and alienate those of us who knew it was a scam right from the start.

I'm just going to post this latest piece of evidence and see what the reaction is. I want to know if more people are waking up to the truth, or if the general public is still drinking the kool-aid to the same extent they were a year ago.

Original Article - Son of Climategate!

Son of Climategate! Scientist says feds manipulated data
    Reporting points in coldest regions simply eliminated by U.S. agencies

Posted: January 16, 2010
    12:20 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

In a one-two series of Climategate aftershocks that assuredly will further rattle the global warming community, a report has been issued by U.S. researchers accusing government agencies of cherry-picking temperature readings used to assess global temperatures, and a series of embarrassing e-mails were released revealing what happened when a blogger dared to point out a mistake by NASA climate scientists.

The new report is from scientist Joseph D'Aleo and was highlighted in a report on global warming on KUSI television in San Diego.

It comes only weeks after the tumultuous climategate e-mail scandal in Britain erupted, proving top global warming scientists manipulated data there.

The report from D'Aleo, a retired climatologist who has been skeptical of global warming, contends climate data has been corrupted and skewed by "urbanization and other local factors such as land-use-land-cover changes and improper siting."

He blamed the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which he described as "seriously complicit in data manipulation and fraud."

(...)
    It's happening and we're to blame
    50.29%
    It's happening but it's not man made
    12.00%
    It's not even happening, except according to the cycles of nature
    27.43%
    Undecided / No opinion
    10.29%
    Last edited by Moderator1; 16-01-2010, 05:32 PM. Reason: Shorten to 150 words, per rules.

I have my doubts about the severity of global warming, and the extent to which it is a result of human activities or not. But, in saying that, I don't know if I trust the source you quoted. When this story hits a reputable news agency like the NY Times, or BBC, I'll be interested then, until then I won't take the analysis any more seriously than the doomsday predictions of a greenpeace activist.

Comment

Personally I think its a natural cycle. I dont think humans have as much effect on it as we are lead to think. I do think that the new era of 'green' thought is more political is origins than anything to do with the environment. Just look at Copenhagen for example. It seems more an effort to push forth a form of global government than anything else.

Ban Ki-moon: “We will establish a global governance structure to monitor and manage the implementation of this.”
      “We need to have a very strong, robust, binding political deal that will have an immediate operational effect. This is not going to be a political declaration, just for the sake of declaration. It is going to be a binding political deal, which will lead to a legally binding treaty next year”

In a New York Times editorial called 'We Can Do It' (LINK: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/26/op...iht-edban.html) Ki-moon wrote that efforts to impose restrictions on CO2 emissions “Must include an equitable global governance structure.”

David Rothschild: "It’s past the point of talking. We know historically that the global governance sort of agenda to these issues is very hard to… with all the best intentions it’s very hard to actually activate.”

EU President Herman Van Rompuy: "“The first step towards the global management of our planet.”
      Last edited by Komrade; 16-01-2010, 04:32 PM.
      youtube.com/BrothersGrim
      facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Are we really still debating this...give me a break.
        $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Comment

Yes, climate change is a fraud...just like all those other fabrications that caused scientists to raise alarm bells in the past, like the hole in the ozone layer, acid rain, the problems with dumping all our waste into a landfill, the dangers of dumping raw sewage into waterways, germs, a round earth that revolves around the sun, etc. Those greedy, scheming scientists just trying to profit from shaking up the status quo...
          Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

Also, you're supposed to just post the first 150 words and a link to the original article, according to the Rules and Guidelines.
            Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

Its part of a natural cycle. Man is not helping though, we are making the cycles go faster. We need to work on being protective of earth and reducing our footprint as much as possible without overdoing it

Comment

I still do not understand the disappointment that people have of scientists "manipulating" data. This is what statistics and data analysis are no?

Comment

Originally posted by jstock View Post
                  ....only here! - Albertans are kind'a slow to pick stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                    I have my doubts about the severity of global warming, and the extent to which it is a result of human activities or not. But, in saying that, I don't know if I trust the source you quoted. When this story hits a reputable news agency like the NY Times, or BBC, I'll be interested then, until then I won't take the analysis any more seriously than the doomsday predictions of a greenpeace activist.
                    It took a few weeks after climategate broke before the "reputable news agencies" mentioned the story.

Comment

^with no Copenhagen summit, this isn't news, its just more back and forth over the same stuff, which is what this thread will be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by andy8244 View Post
                        Originally posted by jstock View Post
                        ....only here! - Albertans are kind'a slow to pick stuff up.

hmm You cant get around that much.Its being debated in parts of Ottawa , and in Toronto
                        they dont believe in in any more than I do, and their is a heck of lot less media about it!
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

I really hope you guys are kidding with some of your responses.

Yes of course it's ocurring, and of course we are to blame. It's irresponsible and selfish to think otherwise IMO.

Yes, there are natural cycles in the Earth's climate, but from the stats I saw, prior to the Industrial Revolution, we were actually starting to get into a cooling period, but went warmer due to the industrial and urban growth. Not only that, but many stats and predictions show that different things with the climate are off the charts and outside of the normal range that has occurred for as far back as we can trace.

How is it perfectly ok and natural for a river to be turned dark instead of clear blue due to dumping of waste and kill many fish. Yeah, that's normal. Yeah, that was not our fault at all, it was the monkeys of course!

How is it perfectly normal for our ice to be cracking up, falling into the ocean, and melting, thus causing sea levels to rise? Especially at the rate it is now. Or how is it normal to have hurricanes as strong as they have become recently? Way outside the normal realm.

Oh, and yeah...it's perfectly natural for there to be holes in the Ozone layer, or thinning...yeah perfectly natural, right?

Does everybody just not realize the impact we have on this planet? Look at the midwestern US, it may look like nature from far away satelite images...but it's all HUMAN farms! All the forests we've cut down, and all the pretty green golf courses we've created in Nevada and Arizona...yeah no impact on altering the environment. You keep telling yourselves that.

Just wow.

One of the saddest things about humans is we only act when somethings starring us in the eye, yet we have the brains to solve something prior to it happening. Well, it's too late now I guess.
                          ----

Comment

I think that global warming is partly nature (e.g., volcanos), but human involvement may be enough to tip it. We have to be proactive about managing our natural resources.
                            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

I believe that nothing is black and white... it's foolish to think we can spew hydrocarbons, methane and other forms of pollution and not pay for it in some way.
                              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Working...
                              X