Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrairieBoyinExile View Post
    Originally posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    PS there are such things as Gay Tories......
    It's more like Log Cabin Republicans. I don't like the use of the word Tory to refer to this government. Tories were traditionally the Progressive Conservatives, who were actually pretty reasonable people for the most part. There is nothing progressive about this government...not even that nasty queen John Baird.
    He just needs a an "attitude adjustment" ha ha ha

Comment

• I am still ****** (we are, the other half as well) about how the "Harper" Government (remember it is not your Government of Canada) invited proposals for the National Portrait Gallery and Worlds Fair 2017 - both of which Edmonton won the right to host. Then the Harper Government stiffed Edmonton...screw you Harper there are no votes coming your way from these Edmontonians.

Comment

• Same here, lost any possible support because of the exact same examples. If they want to stiff us fine, right back at them.

Comment

• "OTTAWA - The government appears to have yanked its support for Edmonton's bid to host Expo 2017 because of fears the event would have provoked jealousies in Eastern Canada, documents reveal.

The documents also show that the federal officials liked what they saw in Edmonton's bid, which envisioned the city as the focal point for Canada's 150th anniversary, before support was withdrawn by the Harper government."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/...276/story.html

Comment

• Canada won't attend Expo 2012

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...662/story.html

I wonder if killing Edmonton's Expo bid played a role in pulling out of Expo 2012? If they won't fund Expo 2017 then why fund any Expos at all?
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
              Canada won't attend Expo 2012

I wonder if killing Edmonton's Expo bid played a role in pulling out of Expo 2012? If they won't fund Expo 2017 then why fund any Expos at all?

Looks like if we cut Heritage Minister James Moore's lunch budget we could save a few million bucks as well and perhaps resupply Herr Harpers budget cutting ways to keeping Canada on the world stage.
              Hippo Harper looks like he could stand to loose some weight from over eating in the Parliament Buildings Cafeteria as well that could save us another few million $$$$$$
              Last edited by NielCole; 23-08-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                Canada won't attend Expo 2012

This is clearly, to borrow a refereeing analogy, a make up call

Comment

• ^I honestly think the concept of Expo is in trouble, its no surprise it gets minimal media attention (compare it to say, an Olympics). It just doesn't make sense today, if you want to learn about a country, hop on a plane. Viewing government propoganda in a tent means squat about a country, the internet is a better source. It was different before travel was readily available, and information more limited, but the world has moved on.
                  Last edited by moahunter; 24-08-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X