X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds MIA On Crucial Expo Meeting

Have not been able to substantiate the article with any other source:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/colu.../16158656.html

Does anyone else perhaps closer to the Expo bid have any more information? Apparently there is a crucial meeting in Paris, France on Nov.22 (yes - next week) where three of the remaining cities are supposed to show up, and once again push for their fair city - but because Mr.Harper has been dragging his feet on endorsing Edmonton there apparently will be NO federal representation at all? Please tell me this isn't true? Could Harper's intentions be any more obvious? Does the Mayor have a contingency plan? Seems to me if we're a no-show, it's over - end of story. If this is the sad truth, let's send a local team and at least have someone show up. If Hicks was misinformed then great but if he wasn't can this be any more of a snub - not only to Edmontonians, but to Albertans and Canadians alike? Just don't understand why the feds would not want to showcase Canada to the world? Tired of feeling like a second class citizen in my own country!

Laurie Hawn - City Centre - (ph) Edmonton Office - (780) 442-1888

Ottawa Office - (613) 992-4524

(email) [email protected]
    Last edited by downtown dude; 16-11-2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: ad information

Ah, the great and wonderful Mr. Harper.

All hail our strong leader.

Don't you see this is just another great reason to vote for him and his party?

Comment

Time to call Laurie Hawn!!

Called the ottawa office... there have been more than a few calls expressing various levels of dismay.

For all you DT'ers

Contact info
      Ottawa Office
      400 Justice Bldg.
      House of Commons
      Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6
      Ph: 613-992-4524
      Fax: 613-943-0044
      [email protected]
      Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 16-11-2010, 01:14 PM.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

And I wrote the PMO
        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Harper is Calgary.

Comment

^ Harper is Canada.. get real

Comment

harper is an @$$... get really real

Comment

If Harper is Canada, I hope we are nuked tomorrow.

Comment

I just sent an e-mail to all of the MPs mentioned in the article. Not that I expect a reply, but at least they know people are watching them.

Comment

The Conservatives have been dithering on this for some time. There aren't many votes in supporting the Expo bid for Edmonton, basically they will win most seats in Alberta anyway, so there isn't that great an incentive to take on a bit of debt/deficit for this.

Comment

As much as it pains me to suggest this - it might be a winning strategy for some Liberal MP to rise in Question Period and ask......

On behalf of the citizens of Edmonton, indeed all Alberta, which the Conservative members opposite seem so ineffective at representing ... could the PM state clearly for the House his position on support for Edmonton's bid for .....

Yes, the Tories are probably going to win (almost) all the Alberta seats next time - but Edmonton Centre, Edmonton East are up for grabs and Edmonton Strathcona is NDP already.

Might be fun.
                      ... gobsmacked

Comment

That is a bad sign
                        youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                        facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Originally posted by McBoo View Post
                          As much as it pains me to suggest this - it might be a winning strategy for some Liberal MP to rise in Question Period and ask......
                          Really? The same Liberal party that is acusing the Conservatives of spending to much now? I don't think it would be very consistent with the current message they are giving about wasted government money, spending too much on fake lakes, etc.

Comment

^ I think their larger issues are with fighter jet contracts, etc.

Did the Libs oppose the Vancouver Olympics? (I know, I know, not the same scale)
                            ... gobsmacked

Comment

I feel that the Feds will provide funding
                              The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
                              It's heaven and hell!

Comment

Working...
                              X