Official Pin of the 2017 Worlds Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Pin of the 2017 Worlds Fair

My son was on a class field trip to City Hall and while there he picked up one of these lapel pins. I kind of thought that they would wait until we were actually awarded the fair but what do I know about such things.

meh

Comment

still meh

Comment

I imagine that is used to raise awareness of the bid and not the Expo itself. A maple leaf says Canada to the world at large. Once the bid is won I'd imagine that a different logo will be used.

Comment

Isn't it a bit early to be calling that the "official pin"? We don't even have it in the bag yet.
          "A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

They are nice enough, I was given one recently. I'll wear it when I am in Calgary.

Comment

I like the Canadian Maple Leaf on the pin. This Expo is about Canada.
              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

I give it a 3/10, and those 3 points are awarded for sentimental use of the maple leaf.

Poor graphic design, horrible "logo" work with the leaf & the kerning seems "off" to me.
                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Agree with noodle. It is really boring.

Comment

All teams will have bid pins, I guess this is ours.
                    Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

Comment

couldn't it have been in the shape of a maple leaf at least? i hate box designs... crikey!

Comment

Originally posted by Voice View Post
                        My son was on a class field trip to City Hall and while there he picked up one of these lapel pins. I kind of thought that they would wait until we were actually awarded the fair but what do I know about such things.
                        This sends the wrong message of Canada. All it reminds me of is a dying maple leaf in Autumn.

Comment

Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore. No fair for Edmonton.

Comment

^^That thing'll be worth a few bucks now as a collectors item?

Comment

Working...
                            X