Only in Quebec, hopefully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in Quebec, hopefully?

Only in Quebec would they elect a candidate who may never have even visited the riding, and never did campaign because she was in Las Vegas during the campaign. And she doesn't speak French.

Ruth Ellen Brosseau

Ms. Brosseau’s non-existent campaign in Berthier-Maskinoge came under intense public scrutiny when the party confirmed its candidate, who didn’t live in the riding and couldn’t speak French, had left for a vacation in Vegas.

An assistant manager at Oliver’s Pub on the Carleton University campus in Ottawa, Ms. Brosseau did grant an interview to a local radio station during the campaign, but the station refused to air it, saying she couldn’t be understood in French. That didn’t stop Ms. Brosseau from capturing the riding by nearly 6,000 votes over Bloc Québécois incumbent Guy Andre, who had held the riding since 2004.

If you thought the NDP was a bit of a gong show before, just wait. And if you didn't. GONG!
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Blame the people who elected her, not the NDP.
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Comment

I blame them both.
      aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

^In fairness, these kids are probably smarter than most of the NDP MPs. If they ever did gain power, the increased interest rates alone as investors flee the country would likely throw Canada into a deep recession / bankrupt a significant percentage of Canadians.

Comment

That's what I'm hoping (that they're smarter). There's a possible upside to so many inexperienced MP's. I wonder how many have paid real taxes?

Comment

^there have been a few jokes that NDP has lowered Quebecs youth unemployment rate already by sending these kids to Ottawa.

Comment

Only in Alberta would Peter Goldring be re-elected four times. You see a similarity?

Comment

This isn't HER facebook page but rather something somebody set up;
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruth-E...96281490417162

Comment

I expect some of them to sink, badly, while I expect some will do well. Some of them may rise to the challenge and prove their worth.

At any rate, most voters know that the candidate in their riding is unlikely to make any difference, and are voting for the party they identify with, not the candidate. Peter Goldring is an excellent local example. I'm not aware of anyone, conservative or other, who thinks he's a quality candidate, yet he keeps getting elected because he's a tag-along for the party that voters in his riding identify with, and vote for.

^Edit: Northguy beat me to it.

I voted for the Conservatives, but I did it begrudgingly, marking an X next to Mr. Useless himself.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

She looks like a Vegas stripper.

Keep your pants on Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                      At any rate, most voters know that the candidate in their riding is unlikely to make any difference, and are voting for the party they identify with, not the candidate. Peter Goldring is an excellent local example. I'm not aware of anyone, conservative or other, who thinks he's a quality candidate, yet he keeps getting elected because he's a tag-along for the party that voters in his riding identify with, and vote for.
                      I wonder if there's a way to change that.
                      The funny thing is that a candidate, once elected, can cross the floor and join another party. A lot of people believe that they're voting for the party and the associated leader. But that's not the case, of course.

Comment

On Brosseau's Facebook page take a look at her Activities and Interests comments.
                        Maybe that just about says it all.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruth-E...417162?sk=info
                        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Her FB page has a pic of 3 bodypainted blondes. Is Brosseau one of them?

Anyway, she obviously was just a placeholder candidate who didn't expect to win.
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            On Brosseau's Facebook page take a look at her Activities and Interests comments.
                            Maybe that just about says it all.
                            Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            Her FB page has a pic of 3 bodypainted blondes. Is Brosseau one of them?

Anyway, she obviously was just a placeholder candidate who didn't expect to win.
                            you social networking neophytes should recognize a fake site/account - hey? (google just might be your friend on this lil' ditty)

Comment

Beat me to it. I don't know how to recognize one either, but there were some posts to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X