Conservatives win Majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservatives win Majority

What a great night. NDP is official opposition.

It will be interesting to see what happens now. Senate reform must be on the cards, esp. as the NDP would like to eliminate the Senate.

So, um...what happened to that Expo 2017 protest vote?

Comment

This will be interesting.

I expect a vigorous opposition from the NDP. I think I heard them promise to lower credit card rates, raise taxes on business, put billions into social programs, and make everyone young and attractive.

What a colossal miscalculation by the Liberal Party to force this stupid election.
      aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        What a colossal miscalculation by the Liberal Party to force this stupid election.
        The amazing thing is it was their decision, even though the polls warned them, they went ahead almost out of spite, their childish anger at the Conservatives was their downfall.

Comment

I hope we will not have to hear more continual nit picking and made up muckraking from Lib/NDP.

Comment

NDP wins big in Quebec and Bloc is nearly shut out so wait and see till final results in Quebec.

Bloc haven't won a seat yet there so far !!
            Last edited by jagators63; 02-05-2011, 08:12 PM.
            Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

I hope Elizabeth May wins her seat. I'd rather see the Greens in Parliament instead of the BQ.
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^I'd like to see her win to. I wish it was a more pure green party (instead of a left wing party), but I think it would still be good to have her in parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                  I hope Elizabeth May wins her seat. I'd rather see the Greens in Parliament instead of the BQ.
                  I don't. I can't stand her. I question her sanity.
                  aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

^Jimbo, its a good thing, more profile for greens means more left vote split (since the greens seem to be a left party in Canada).

Comment

liberal has been shut out of alberta but NDP have won just one seat and it is in Edmonton-Strathcona

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                        Most Edmontonians didn't support Expo to begin with. The ones that did likely voted NDP, and they got their one candidate. Ray Martin in NE came close to getting rid of Peter Goldring.
                        "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

nice job libs, way to drop the ball on this one.

p.s. moahunter watch out for attempts on your life you seem to draw the ire of the left like no-one else

(p.s.s just joking)
                          be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Edmonton is looking to be the same as before. One orange in a sea of blue.
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                              Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              Most Edmontonians didn't support Expo to begin with. The ones that did likely voted NDP, and they got their one candidate. Ray Martin in NE came close to getting rid of Peter Goldring.

Peter Goldring has been re-elected tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X