Is this the end of the Liberal Party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the end of the Liberal Party?

What do people think? They aren't going to be the official opposition, that will be the NDP. This will devastate a party that was already struggling financially (less money as less votes, and unable to raise money like NDP and Conservatives).

They're getting creamed... we're definitely watching history unfold. But in the long run this could be the wake up call to change that they have needed since Chretien retired.

Comment

ya...it's the end of the libtards for sure, just hope Paul Martin joins the NDP so we can start balancing the budget, that would be a force to recon with.

Comment

The Liberals will rise again. But I hope the fat lady is singing for the BQ

Comment

Its looking very very close to a conservative majority, but hard to say. Interesting. We may end up with one right, and one left party, back to old time politics, which i think would be a good thing.

Comment

This is what I love about Canada vs. US. We have choice. One party can be sent a message to reform, and still leave us multiple options for government. In this case, the Liberals are being told loud and clear to go back the drawing board, do some serious policy research, get a leader we like, and try again next time.
            "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Conservative majority projected by Global, wow. What a great election, terrific result. Layton as official opposition, I love it.

Comment

^Exciting times. Here's what I think Canadian voters are saying, in this order:

1. Bloc can suck it
                2. Ignatieff can also suck it, but to a lesser extent
                3. Accountable people want to keep their jobs and know social programs are not an incentive for productivity
                "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Great election, who would have thought it would have went like this. Anyway, did Iggy loose his own seat and did anyone hear what the turn out was (percentage of voters) from this election to the last?.
                  Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

I'm sure that Iggy will be replaced by someone from Liberal Party
                    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
                      I'm sure that Iggy will be replaced by someone from Liberal Party
                      Without a doubt, he's finished.

Watching his speech now, and I kind of feel for the guy. He was put at the helm of a sinking ship, a party that refused to change, that refused to alter its culture of entitlement. The party establishment put him there and should share some responsibility for this, but history will blame him, and that's a bit unfortunate if you ask me.

Comment

Anyone wanna place bets that Justin Trudeau (who handily won his seat) will replace Iggy as leader?
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

just happen to saw on tv as saying that 65 % of voters wanted Iggy to resign as a leader of liberal party.
                          Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            Anyone wanna place bets that Justin Trudeau (who handily won his seat) will replace Iggy as leader?
                            If he is smart, he will lead them into a merger with the NDP. He is their one bright spot, despite the baggage the Trudeau name has out West.

Comment

Originally posted by nosheep View Post
                              ya...it's the end of the libtards for sure,
                              har, it wasn't that long ago that the conservatives were given the worst election loss in history. 1993 when kim cambell's PC's won a grand total of TWO seats.

i guess they did eventually die, merging in 2003 with the canadian alliance/reform party. and look at them now.

one can assume something similar might happen to the liberals.

Comment

Working...
                              X