No announcement yet.

the election 2011 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Well, if that's true, makes me even happier about voting for the NDP.

As far as I am concerned, then, conservative perversion = liberal perversion.

Anyone who would play this up says loads about their own lack of morals.

Comment

Interesting stuff, the Liberals actually won a majority with the level of support the Conservatives have. It all comes down to the distribution of ridings, and whether or not the Conservative strategy of targeting certain ridings works like it did for the Liberals back in 1997:

The precedent of 2008 suggests that, while Mr. Harper will win a strong minority government, he will not obtain the majority of seats without which, he has repeatedly warned, his government will be unseated by the other parties in a matter of weeks.

But Mr. Nanos observed that in 1997, “with similar results, Jean Chr├ętien did manage to form a majority government.”

He did it by sweeping ridings across Ontario thanks to a divide on the right between the Reform and Progressive Conservative parties.

Whether the NDP surge in this election splits the votes on the left, allowing the Conservatives to capture a clutch of ridings in Ontario and win their majority, is unknowable.

“It all boils down to the distribution of support,” Mr. Nanos observed.

And with a three-percentage-point margin of error, the result could even show the Conservatives and NDP battling for first place.

If Ontario voters, still spooked by memories of Bob Rae’s unpopular NDP provincial government in the 1990s, are shifting from the Liberals to the Conservatives to prevent a repeat at the federal level under Mr. Layton, then the Grits may be in for a grim night.

But with a five-percentage-point margin of error among the Ontario numbers, and with the electorate so clearly in flux, predictions are impossible.
      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2006263/

Comment

If Harper doesn't win a majority, I wonder if he will get a lot of pressure within his party to resign. I'm sure they see it if he can't get a majority now, he probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by jmart81 View Post
          If Harper doesn't win a majority, I wonder if he will get a lot of pressure within his party to resign. I'm sure they see it if he can't get a majority now, he probably never will.
          this is my hope so that i can eventually vote for a progressive conservative party.

Comment

^vote liberal, then? Equally hopeless, at this point, and certainly the policies are indistinguishable from the old PC's by now.

Comment

Much ado about nothing! I suppose the only Harper "rub and tug" would have to be self-administered.

Comment

^there are various stories/rumours about his marriage, so that might be right.

Comment

Working...
                X