Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Ignatieff

Is that weird?

I feel like I had a very negative impression of him, but overall now am impressed.

He can hold Harper to account

Comes off as very intelligent

Has a global perspective, which is actually important - not a liability

Should I be checked into a mental ward? What do you think.

No, you appear to have just seen the real person vs the million of dollars the Harper CONS have spent on the attack ads to scare you about someone.

Do not forget................

Igatieff not a Canadian? What!!

Where do the following Canadian icons reside ?

Wayne Gretzky....Pheonix
    Neil Young.......Los Angeles
    Mike Weir........Draper, Utah
    William Shatner........Los Angeles

Even hockey's greatest mumbly , Don "The Collar" Cherry worked / played in Rochester, NY and Boston, MA for years !!

They no longer Canadians, eh ?

Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Layton is doing much better in the election, despite looking sick. He's a brave man. The problem for Ignatieff is the same one Dion faced, he's basically an academic that most Canadian's can't relate to (students like him, but students don't decide elections). Some of the policy opportunism that isn't consistent with "Liberal Values" rings a sour note as well (like an Arena for Quebec city).

By contrast, while people don't really like Harper, most of their lives have been good under his minority government. I feel with the Conservatives, most of the time, politics fall into the background and people can just get on with their lives, which is what a good government facilitates.
      Last edited by moahunter; 16-04-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

The bold makes your point less of a point.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^its so incredibly brilliant it has to be posted in two threads as well:

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=20435

Comment

"Rise Up" seems to be the latest turn of approach from Mr.Ignatieff , worth a shot I guess . I was extremely dissapointed that he used the Term in quoting American Bruce Springsteen . If the Liberals truly "want to wash the sands of their hands" regarding background and nationalities , you think that someone could have advised him that the Canadian group parachute club could have provided the same reference for his purposes . Maybe this will come into play later , but too late . He went with what he knew first . Telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hull534 View Post
              "Rise Up" seems to be the latest turn of approach from Mr.Ignatieff , worth a shot I guess . I was extremely dissapointed that he used the Term in quoting American Bruce Springsteen . If the Liberals truly "want to wash the sands of their hands" regarding background and nationalities , you think that someone could have advised him that the Canadian group parachute club could have provided the same reference for his purposes . Maybe this will come into play later , but too late . He went with what he knew first . Telling.
              I agree it should have been for "change" it worked for Obama, were going through a time with social media and for the most part Harper is hated within the online comunity.

Social media get's people out to vote, and how we are able to overthrow these ruthless dictators.

Comment

'Harper was the president of the National Citizen's Coalition, a lobby group dedicated to the destruction of public health care. If you were watching the debate you will recall that Harper did not refer to "public health care", he called in "public health insurance".

Harper has it in for public health care, that is obvious. What more do you need to know?'
                Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Originally posted by nosheep View Post
                  I agree it should have been for "change" it worked for Obama
                  The difference is that Obama did it is a calm and statesman like way. He always looked like a president. By contrast, Ignatieff screaming "rise up" looked like a desperate student at an anti-g8 rally.

Comment

I'm currious Moa...

...were you there? Did you attend the rally?

Comment

I went... Iggy did no such thing
                      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

the other day I had a conversation with a relative–she said that she doesn't like the libs and that they have no real platform. I asked what she wanted to see in a platform of the party for whom she would vote. The answers had to do with health, jobs and support of the middle class. We went to the computer and googled the Liberal platform-it had most of the things she wanted. (The other bits were included in either the NDP or the Conservative platforms which we also googled).

The moral of the story, some people just like to repeat some things to cover up their ignorance. Like the stuff with the "young vote" and how the leaders "don't talk about the issues that affect us" nonsense. Well, if you only listened and read rather than relied on the soundbites and the political adds...

Comment

Originally posted by grish View Post
                          The moral of the story, some people just like to repeat some things to cover up their ignorance.
                          Whose job is it to promote the platform Grish, and whose fault is it if it isn't communicated effectively? One of the main criticisms of Ignatieff following the debates is he just attacked Harper, instead of talking about his vision in a positive way.

PS. did he talk about how his tanker ban would keep Alberta dependent on the US instead of Asian markets (where prices are higher)? Or how the carbon tax would shift revenue from Alberta to Ottawa?

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                            Ignatieff screaming "rise up" looked like a desperate student at an anti-g8 rally.
                            Originally posted by KJ2007 View Post
                            ...were you there? Did you attend the rally?
                            Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                            I went... Iggy did no such thing
                            You should respond to this.

Comment

^It was sudbury, you can watch it with "calming" background music on the Liberal web site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPOK9PIw-0

Real Prime Ministerial lol.

Again, not talking about his policies or platform, all about the current government (and you wonder why Grish, your friends don't know the platform?).

Comment

Working...
                              X