No announcement yet.

Liberal Rally Iggy is in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When will Canadians realize that STEPHEN HARPER IS A DANGER TO DEMOCRACY ??

First he keeps information and documents away from our elected Members of Parliament.

Then, he disrupts Committee proceedings and misleads Parliament.

After that, he follows a new tack of lying outright, and then deny and disputing the facts when confronted otherwise.

In this election, he limits questions, and has the RCMP investigate people who want to attend his rallies.

Now, he wants to deny University students their right to vote, because he knows they don't support his extreme ideological views and policies.

Time to get rid of this tin pot despot now.......and return Canada to being a true democracy......not a STEPHEN HARPER DICTATORSHIP !!"
    Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Canadians know Harper. They have not all been asleep and will suddenly realize something. They have known him since he was in opposition. They gave him a short leash . I cannot think of a time when the opposition has not been screaming Wolf at what they were going to do if they got in govt . I remember Paul Martin getting downright apoplectic in his speaches about the "Threat". The real question is how long the opposition scream wolf and it still have an effect?

Granted , Harper is not a "huggy bear" , He has a mean streak no doubt. and he has stuck it to the opposition in anyway he can . In a society which now values Ultimate fighting , hockey violence and Knock out reality shows , he probably resonates.

The main thrust of his actions have not trangressed into the daily life of the average Canadian. That is what a lot of Canadians want .That might explain where he sit's in the polls .

When Canadians are mad as hell , they won't take things any more . Just ask Kim Campbell.

Until then the polls are what they are , and probably for a fundemental reason . Voter ignorance not being one.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
        I guess so if you have decided not to return. But then if that's the case, why do you want an American who feels bound by the US constitution to be Canadian PM
        How is he bound by the US constitution? Why is it bad that he lived abroad and came back to Canada?

Further, I will not respond to the Obama/Clinton strawman because neither are Canadian.

Comment

Personally, I appreciate that Ignatieff hasn't lived in Canada 24/7 for his entire life.

And just because someone HAD to bring up the USA and their leadership, etc., dear old Arnold wasn't born in the USA, yet he was elected to public office and served for quite a long time. What's wrong with that? Sometimes it's nice to have an outsider with a fresh pair of eyes/ears to look over things... it's not as if the old eyes/ears have had any kind of positive effect on the country over the past decade.

Comment

I went to the rally.. it was VERY wel attended!

The hall wasn't large enough for everyone
            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Funny original song "Hop on the Harper Train" on YouTube. Gotta check it out.
              Link:
              http://youtu.be/_9T238OragM

Can't believe Steve now for decades.............time to leave, Steve.
              Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post

Most fun I've had at a political rally in a while, awesome turnout!
                www.decl.org

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                  Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post

Most fun I've had at a political rally in a while, awesome turnout!
                  Take any pics?

Comment

Pics on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/6186078...7626393890923/
                    www.decl.org

Comment

Did anyone catch Ignatieff say, "I am a Democrat." During the televised debate? Right away he caught himself and started backpedaling, saying things like, "by that, I mean that I am a lover of democracy".

I thought that was a pretty funny time for those "American colors" of his to come out.

Regardless of the fact he lived out of the country so long, I don't want him nor his party's platform governing the country.

Comment

Working...
                      X