Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal Rally Iggy is in town

Saturday April 16,2011 6:30 PM

Santa Goretti Community Center 11050 90 St Edmonton.

No need to register and no face book checking LOL.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

He just looks soo sexy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apw9w...&feature=feedf

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle View Post

Oh hey, another attack trying to paint him as an outsider while denigrating them. Cool, thumbs up!

I'll be (trying to at least) going to it, I'll be interested in what he has to say for Edmonton and it'd be nice to shoot out a couple of sort-of critical questions, but I doubt they'd let me. Anyone else going?

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle View Post

Lol, this one is funny too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJ_9wVfFE0&NR=1

Who makes this stuff up? Its like the "red eye" harper stuff a few years ago.

Comment

As a self-described political junky I look forward to this kind of stuff!

I think all the attack ads over the years have painted him more negatively than he deserves. Harper's done some stupid things too and don't agree with his politics, but I admire anyone that is willing to dedicate their time to politics and run for public office and be in the public spotlight. It's easier for the average person to just believe the attack and negative ads than get informed. I hate that part of the campaigns and detracts from policy and real discussion and debate on the issues.
          www.decl.org

Comment

Yes those attack ads costing apparently about 12 millions dollars had formed a somewhat negative image about Iggy, but did not work......except has this amount of money paid to the media forced them to be bias toward this large revenue source?

Anyway, remember.....................
            Igatieff not a Canadian? What!!

Where do the following Canadian icons reside ?

Wayne Gretzky....Pheonix
            Neil Young.......Los Angeles
            Mike Weir........Draper, Utah
            William Shatner........Los Angeles

Even hockey's greatest mumbly , Don "The Collar" Cherry worked / played in Rochester, NY and Boston, MA for years !!

They no longer Canadians, eh ?

Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Originally posted by whynow99 View Post
              Where do the following Canadian icons reside ?

Wayne Gretzky....Pheonix
              Neil Young.......Los Angeles
              Mike Weir........Draper, Utah
              William Shatner........Los Angeles
              [/B]
              The difference is these guys aren't running for PM, and they don't portray themselves as Americans. Neil Young for example, sang one of the most scathing attacks on a part of the US that has ever been sung. By contrast Ignatieff was going on about how America is "your country just as much as it is mine". Would the US still be "his" country after he is PM of Canada? Will he still operate "as our constitution requires us"? Its out of place for a Liberal leader given the normal anti-american thing that the Liberals espouse.

When in Rome, you should perhaps behave like a Roman, but you don't have to pretend to be a Roman in pompous speeches about how great Rome is.
              Last edited by moahunter; 16-04-2011, 03:03 AM.

Comment

How long did he live in the US, moa?

Comment

^until he had an opportunity to lead the Liberals / try and become PM. Mercer summed it up well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky6sJ...eature=related

Comment

How many years, though?

Comment

^according to this one, 34 years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEgkF...eature=related

Missed:

- Terry Fox Run
                      - Canadian constitution
                      - Man in Motion Tour
                      - Quebec referendum
                      - Gretzky's career

I guess you are right, that does explain why he considers himself beholden to the US constitution, and would pick Bruce Springsteen for his theme (not like there are any Canadian bands he would know about...),

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                        ^according to this one, 34 years
                        Is 34 years enough to say he knows a country well, and could consider himself an American?

and would pick Bruce Springsteen for his theme (not like there are any Canadian bands he would know about...),
                        The Boss transcends national boundaries :P

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoBandit View Post
                          Is 34 years enough to say he knows a country well, and could consider himself an American?
                          I guess so if you have decided not to return. But then if that's the case, why do you want an American who feels bound by the US constitution to be Canadian PM? There aren't enough Canadian Liberals who could do a good job? Do you want Obama to run for Liberal leadership after he's finished his term? Or maybe Bill Clinton (he can't be up to much now)?

Comment

Just to be correct, Neil Young lives on a ranch not far from San Francisco, not LA.

Comment

Nice to see someone like Iggy who has travelled and experienced the world and seen first hand how other countries tick, like Britain and USA etc......unlike Harpercrite who had not been out of Canada until us taxpayers have paid for him to venture past the Canadian borders.

Now it will be interesting to see if Harpercrite gets his former CONS Prime Ministers to come and support him. Lets see Bullroney would probably show up if Harpercrite met Lian Brian in a hotel room numerous times to pay him with envelopes of cash, then Bullroney can explain why he sold Canada off by chasing the likes of Massey Ferguson away plus things like giving our Challenger Jet industry away....oh ya, not only giving it away but paying them to take it by compensating them so some asbestos insulation in some of their manufacturing hangers. Perhaps Kim Campbell will come out to support Harpercrite, but what has she got to say except Bullroney bailed and left her to try and explain the huge debt he and his CONS left us taxpayers. Joe Clark has already stated he does not agree with the kind of CONS party Harpercrite is running.

Perhaps Harpercrite can dig up Diefenbaker to tell him how to run Canada......oh ya, Dief killed the Avero Arrow Airplane industry and put thousands of Canadians out of work..........who then had to go to the States to get a job in the airline industry, or starve.

Politicians are the same as bar tenders..........you know they are going to screw you out of money, so u just try and find ones who will do it the least. The CONS have continously shown they are the worst for over a century......the Liberals have had to clean up their financial debt messes time after time.

Have a good day and be sure to get out and vote.
                              Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Working...
                              X