Edmonton East Riding Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
    So you will never vote NDP. And I assume you'll never vote Liberal or Green.
    No, you are wrong. I have voted Liberal before.

I will never vote NDP, because I fundamentally disagree with their root policies. I don't think this country would be run well by NDP. The Greens are a waste of a vote.

I am voting for the Conservative Party of Canada and want Stephen Harper to be my Prime Minister. The only way for me to support that is to vote for Goldring.

Comment

do your riding a favor and just spoil your ballot
      Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

I lost what shred of respect I had for Goldring when he started sending out hate literature to his constituents funded by taxpayers money
        Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          do your riding a favor and just spoil your ballot
          It really demonstrates a serious flaw with our voting system, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 240GLT View Post
            I lost what shred of respect I had for Goldring when he started sending out hate literature to his constituents funded by taxpayers money
            This

That goof sent papers smearing Louie Reil of all people to his areas people. What a goof.
            youtube.com/BrothersGrim
            facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Well he appeared on camaera on last nights noose .............
              likley no one recognised him
              Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

I deliver copies of the Boyle McCauley News in my neighbourhood. I was shocked that the May 2011 edition hot off the presses and delivered yesterday to my home contained an advertisement from Peter Goldring identifying himself as a Member of Parliament. Not sure if this ad was paid for by public dollars or campaign dollars. Regardless, claiming to be a MP after an election is called is a violation of the Elections Act.

"1. What is the status of Members of the House of Commons following dissolution?

After dissolution, and the issue of writs for a general election, there are legally no Members of the House of Commons....Upon dissolution of Parliament, members of the House of Commons lose their status and title."
                http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/re...0812-e.htm#mp1

Comment

Originally posted by East McCauley View Post
                  I deliver copies of the Boyle McCauley News in my neighbourhood. I was shocked that the May 2011 edition hot off the presses and delivered yesterday to my home contained an advertisement from Peter Goldring identifying himself as a Member of Parliament. Not sure if this ad was paid for by public dollars or campaign dollars. Regardless, claiming to be a MP after an election is called is a violation of the Elections Act.

"1. What is the status of Members of the House of Commons following dissolution?

After dissolution, and the issue of writs for a general election, there are legally no Members of the House of Commons....Upon dissolution of Parliament, members of the House of Commons lose their status and title."
                  http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/re...0812-e.htm#mp1
                  was this a large new ad or the standard community newsletter businesscard ad that is typically booked, purchased and prepaid for a year in advance? if the latter, an election date was probably not even planned when it was bought and paid for and, if anything, the editor should have clarified or pulled the ad for this month (although you would be equally correct in thinking goldring should have been keeping track of his "advertising" and pulling it as well). not to "excuse" either of them but there's probably bigger issues to determine who to vote for - or not - than something like this. besides, those ads aren't usually meant to actually generate support anyway. possibly awareness but more likely they are simply an opportunity to provide dollars - however nominal - to support grass roots community ventures like community league newsletters.
                  "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

^The Goldring ad was not the business card type. It has a photo of Goldring and identifies him as the Member of Parliament for Edmonton East.

The text of the ad seems clearly intended to win political support in the McCauley neighbourhood. The ad covers 40% of a tabloid sized page and describes in detail Goldring's role in "saving" our neighbourhood ice skating rink from a proposal to use a portion of the rink site for social housing a number of years ago.

The contact information on the ad takes you to his parliamentary website and constituency office phone number.

Makes me wonder if similar ads with tailored messages were placed in other community newspapers elsewhere in the riding.

Comment

Working...
                    X