Czar Stephen Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czar Stephen Harper

A very sad day for Canadians. Is this the kind of behaviour you expect from your leader:

Ignatieff slams Harper over Facebook screening
    CBC News Posted: Apr 5, 2011 9:53 AM ET Last Updated: Apr 5, 2011 10:36 AM ET

Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff is accusing Conservative Leader Stephen Harper of performing more rigorous background checks on people showing up at his campaign events than advisers he hires in the Prime Minister's Office.

Ignatieff's verbal jab at Harper comes after reports the Conservatives threw two university students out of a Conservative rally in London, Ont., on the weekend.

Awish Aslam, a second-year political science student at the University of Western Ontario, told CBC News she and a friend were trying to attend a Sunday rally with Harper when they were asked to leave by a RCMP officer.

Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff poses with Awish Aslam, who was later removed from a Stephen Harper rally on Sunday. FacebookAslam said they were led to the lobby where the officer told them they were no longer welcome because they had ties to the Liberal party. Aslam said the only explanation was her Facebook profile photo showing her posing for a picture with Ignatieff at a recent Liberal rally in London.

Aslam said she wanted to hear directly from all the main party leaders and had also attended a rally with NDP Leader Jack Layton.

She said she had to pre-register for the Conservative event Sunday, which is how the party had her name.

The Liberal leader told reporters during a campaign stop in Newfoundland and Labrador that "you are in a very un-Canadian place," when citizens get tossed from public meetings for having "a certain Facebook friend: me."

Full Story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...rally-923.html

Can you spew your crazy rantings in one of the established election threads?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
      No.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
        Crazy rantings? This is the kind of thing I think most Canadians are not hearing about enough. I think the nonsense from our so called "prime minister"/tyrant in waiting is more well described as crazy rantings.
        posts randomly and infrequently

Comment

I'm ok with it....Iggy should go back to his country of choice......USA which I'm sure he will once he looses the election.

Go Stephen Go.!!!

Comment

every single one of these "OMG-harper-is-a-dictator/a-hole/whatever" accusations just make the opposition parties and the media look stupid. Is this story a big deal? No, it's not even a little deal. Who cares? Honestly. "Czar?" Way to throw out your credibility on a sensational headline that doesn't even have anything to do with the story...

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
              every single one of these "OMG-harper-is-a-dictator/a-hole/whatever" accusations just make the opposition parties and the media look stupid. Is this story a big deal? No, it's not even a little deal. Who cares? Honestly. "Czar?" Way to throw out your credibility on a sensational headline that doesn't even have anything to do with the story...
              It's not a big deal? I completely disagree. These rallies are intended to inform voters, and Harper and his cronies made a point of stopping voters from hearing their message. That's two people who will not vote Conservative who might have had they been given the chance to hear Harper's message.

Comment

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                Originally posted by mark View Post
                It's not a big deal? I completely disagree. These rallies are intended to inform voters, and Harper and his cronies made a point of stopping voters from hearing their message. That's two people who will not vote Conservative who might have had they been given the chance to hear Harper's message.
                haha everyone on this thread is like who cares? not a bid deal... can't even defend the douchebag they will so blindly vote for.
                here's why I won't be voting for harper's government
                http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/hom.../05/01929.html

Comment

Just one of a million reasons to vote ABC.

Comment

BM
                    Last edited by Turtle; 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM. Reason: removed slur.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle View Post
                      Tell me about the scary American agenda Harper has for Canada, I need a good laugh from a liberal {edit - removed slur}.
                      The fact that you just used the word "*****" to get your point across tells us how ill-informed you really are. Or maybe you haven't heard that the word "****" hasn't been PC since about 1989.
                      Last edited by Admin; 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM. Reason: remoived slur

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle View Post
                        Tell me about the scary American agenda Harper has for Canada, I need a good laugh from a liberal {edit - removed slur}.
                        Perhaps you missed the recent postings on the use of personal attacks like "******" etc. Please try to be less like a typical CON supporter and try arguing the facts. Harper is acting like a "tyrant" - governing with little concern for the people, and deserves to be called out for it.
                        Last edited by Admin; 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM. Reason: removed slur - NOTE No need to repeat it folks when you reply.
                        posts randomly and infrequently

Comment

Too bad for you out west only one in a million will follow your suggestion and vote for someone else. The rest of us will vote for the Conservatives since we're not so stupid as to be bribed with our own money, such is the basis of the Liberal and NDP platforms.

When I throw a house party, I make sure to keep all the d--ks out too. I'm sure there's more to the story, but even if there isn't, I wouldn't want opposing supporters at my rally heckling me either.
                          "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I'd like to know why/how the RCMP got involved in this.

Comment

I'm rather more concerned about the issues summarized, albeit quite hastily, in this editorial:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226030310248

Comment

Working...
                              X