X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe Vote Compass from the CBC

Go to this website:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...1/votecompass/

Answer their questions. If you feel like it, vote the party to which you got matched.

Note, you can decrease certain issues in importance just to make it a better fit.
    Bloc
    0.00%
    Conservative
    32.69%
    Green
    7.69%
    Liberal
    53.85%
    NDP
    5.77%

I got matched up with the Green party even though I gave their leader the lowest scores on leadership qualities. Although, the NDP and the Libs are so closely lumped together and next to the greens that I can imagine really having a choice that will come down to my local candidate.

Comment

Keep spinning those lies Stephen Harper, after all, we know from Tom Flanagan that your credo is "it doesn't have to be true, it just has to sound plausible". Too bad your plausibility factor is reaching zero……..say NO, HARPER HAS TO GO.
      Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

^ What does this have to do with this thread, you have copy and pasted that numerous times already, we get it.......

Comment

Not a surprise, I was closest to the Conservatives and furthest away from the NDP.

Comment

If people had an open mind, I think they'd be surprised at what party they line up with most. But stereotypes and history being what they are, that is not the case.

For me, Liberal is what I lined up with most.
            I would like to vote conservative, as at least half of their policies are things I strongly agree on, while their stance on the other half are things I strongly disagree on. Plus I did not rate Harper very high.

If the conservatives split and broke in to PC and reform the way it used to be, there'd be a PC majority.

Comment

Surprising, came out as strongly conservative for me, and furthest from the Greens. I would never have guessed

Comment

If you were to draw a line between the cons and libs and bisect it that is where I ended up.
                “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

lol @NDP so far... I am actually surprized by this.

Comment

I was more in that "libertarian conservative" side sort of in between the Liberals and the Tories. Seems to be very few political parties in the industrialized word in that section. Probably why I am not too excited about most of the parties this time around.

Comment

I got Liberal, which is reasonable for me, although when I decreased the importance of a few issues I ended up as a Bloc-head, which seems a flaw in the system. Seeing as it asked what province I was in at the beginning, I think it ought to eliminate parties I can't vote for.

What I really liked was that I could click on the party names on the graph and see where their answers differed from mine and how. That allowed me to make a further fine-tuning of my own because if a party's position differed dramatically from my answer, I could evaluate the importance of that particular question to me.

Very interesting exercise, but I'm still voting NDP.

Comment

Originally posted by grish View Post
                        lol @NDP so far... I am actually surprized by this.

...not me.
                        If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilman View Post
                          Not a surprise, I was closest to the Conservatives and furthest away from the NDP.
                          Me too

Comment

Originally posted by nobleea View Post
                            If the conservatives split and broke in to PC and reform the way it used to be, there'd be a PC majority.

But than Stevie would have to go cause he's, what you a call a, Refffooooorrrrrrrrmmm Party kind of guy.
                            If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

I got Liberal, but will vote Conservative. I didn't agree with the CBC's assessments of the parties' positions on issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X