No announcement yet.

Federal Election Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it funny how people, especially here in blue Alberta, love to state how much they hate the conservatives on forums like this. Yet come election time, Alberta is a Tory landslide over and over again, and the conservatives get closer and closer to a majority. You all talk about a possible liberal uprising to oust the conservatives. But really it's just likely just the same disillusion we've been seeing for years.
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

Originally posted by KingswayGuy View Post
      I find it funny how people, especially here in blue Alberta, love to state how much they hate the conservatives on forums like this. Yet come election time, Alberta is a Tory landslide over and over again, and the conservatives get closer and closer to a majority. You all talk about a possible liberal uprising to oust the conservatives. But really it's just likely just the same disillusion we've been seeing for years.
      You're far from the only one to have the same observation.

Comment

Frankly I don't have a huge problem with either the Liberals or Conservatives (though I disagree with parts of each of their platforms). I sure don't want a coalition that includes the Bloc. In fact I want to know up front if the parties I'm considering are planning on forming a coalition with a party I do not support (NDP or Bloc).

But overall, despite being ruled by an appalling regime, Canada continues to be an ok place to live compared to, well, just about anywhere.

It seems the choice, for Albertans, is a party that will screw Alberta, a party that will screw Alberta even more, or a party that will screw Alberta even more again, with a good chance the last two will join forces with a party that would like to screw over all of Canada except Quebec.

What I really don't want is another needless, wasteful election.
        aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

^Exactly. I really don't want to vote Conservative, but the alternative is just so awful I don't think I'll be able to avoid it.
          "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by howie View Post

Oh, sorry, this thread is about Edmonton. Then:
            1. LRT everywhere
            2. A cap on transfer payments that leaves the lion's share with Edmonton
            3. Make that 40-grand forgiveness for new doctors retro to 2003. My daughter would benefit.
            4. A revised, better climate
            Sounds about right.
            “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

And, apropos to Edmonton, maybe our federales could take a leaf out of the UK government's budget this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12848701
              Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Working...
              X