• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hinderks
    replied
    Chris

First chance I 've had to say this.....

Best of luck, based on our various conversations I have had with you on the topic I would be very happy to see you in the position.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• glasshead
    replied
    you have my vote

Leave a comment:

• moahunter
    replied
    It sounds like a thankless impossible role Chris, but good on you for giving it a go, you have my vote.

Leave a comment:

• Christopher Spencer
    replied
    Originally posted by WopMay View Post
    Hello Christopher

You have my vote too, and I do live in your ward. Keep up the good work on your campaign.

I hope Edmontonians vote for fresh faces on the boards. The fact that the existing board is completely out of touch with municipal politics and land use planning is revolting. We are about to design a new community in the Inner City to replace the Muni, and this board is talking review and closure, instead of school design and curriculum innovation, family-size apartments, and walkable neighbourhoods (ie. kids walk to school! what a concept)

Wake up Edmonton, it is our time to shine! Go Chris.
    Wow -- an endorsement from Edmonton's most famous aviator. I'm glad to have you aboard my campaign flight, Captain May. Thank you for your support.

There's an EPSB workshop this Saturday on closing west-central schools. At the same time, the EFCL is hosting an event on imagining the potential of family-friendly, multi-unit redevelopment (at Queen Alex, starting at 9 a.m.)

This election is about that choice: are we going to resign ourselves to fatalism and let the future happen to us, or are we going to take control and create the best possible Edmonton for our children.

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    Too bad I'm in ward F, but I'll ask my Mom to vote for you. Good luck Christopher!

Leave a comment:

• Christopher Spencer
    replied
    Originally posted by kcantor View Post
    christopher,

your creative writing skills alone almost make me wish i could vote in ward c...

we could all use a bit more humour in all of our endeavors even when we don't agree on all of the issues.

ken
    There's still time to move to Ward C!

Thanks for your kind comment, Ken. Although we have disagreed on some issues, I have gigantic respect for your passion for this city. You are an Edmonton booster, in the best sense of the word.

Leave a comment:

• WopMay
    replied
    Go for it

Hello Christopher

You have my vote too, and I do live in your ward. Keep up the good work on your campaign.

I hope Edmontonians vote for fresh faces on the boards. The fact that the existing board is completely out of touch with municipal politics and land use planning is revolting. We are about to design a new community in the Inner City to replace the Muni, and this board is talking review and closure, instead of school design and curriculum innovation, family-size apartments, and walkable neighbourhoods (ie. kids walk to school! what a concept)

Wake up Edmonton, it is our time to shine! Go Chris.

Leave a comment:

• kcantor
    replied
    christopher,

your creative writing skills alone almost make me wish i could vote in ward c...

we could all use a bit more humour in all of our endeavors even when we don't agree on all of the issues.

ken

Leave a comment:

• Christopher Spencer
    started a topic Candidate Christopher Spencer

Candidate Christopher Spencer

Pssst. C2E regulars. It's me. Green Grovenor. I know, I said I'd never stand for election, but that was before I was tracked down by the progressive political mafia.

It happened all of a sudden. I was walking down 149th Street, minding my own business, when they jumped me, no warning at all. Sue Huff went for a chin lock. Ben Henderson pinned my legs to the ground. Don Iveson started with the tickling -- the awful, horrible tickling. They said they wouldn't stop until I agreed to run for trustee in Ward C. And use bikes and transit exclusively.

I held out as long as I could. It was no use. So here I am. Trying to get myself elected.

Please vote for me. If I don't win, they say they'll make it so I can only get organic food.

P.S. I'm also running because our education system is about to enter a period of transformative change. For the sake of our children, the board needs to get out of its silo and start collaborating with communities and other levels of government to help our city realize its full potential. Please visit my website for more information: http://www.christopherspencer.ca.
    Last edited by Christopher Spencer; 23-09-2010, 10:32 AM. Reason: Added web link
Working...
X