Candidate Bryan George Kapitza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bryan,

With the Walterdale Bridge due to be replaced soon, what is your opinion of revisiting the alignment of Gateway Blvd through or under Sask Drive?

I think what spooked many people away from the last proposal was the unnecessary addition of a new lane for Gateway Blvd - it added fears of a dreaded freeway through Old Strathcona. I think eliminating that hairpin at Gateway Blvd and Sask Drive can be done without expanding the road.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your response.

Thomas Hinderks
      Executive Director
      Alberta Aviation Museum

Comment

Walterdale Bridge

Yuck!
        My immediate response is to divert traffic to 99 or 109 streets instead of going all the way down gateway to sask. drive.
        Not nice no matter what is done.
        I'd throw this to the administration, do a traffic study, present options, pros and cons, consult with communities on this.
        Then make a decision, one that some people will like and other won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Kapitza View Post
          Hello everyone,

Please check out my website at www.communitiesfirst.ca
          It contains a descriptive platform page with fresh ideas on property taxation, sustaining renewal, arena financing and more.
          I look forward to your questions

Sincerely

Bryan
          Hi Bryan, I like your forum and look forward to voting for you on Monday!!

Comment

Mr. Kapitza...the only thing holding me back from voting for you tomorrow is your support for the downtown arena concept. If an arena is such a great catalyst for development, why hasn't that happened at Northlands? The last thing I want to see is a few city blocks taken up by a facility that is mostly closed to the public; we already have too many city blocks taken up by institutions that provide no amenities from street level.

Please explain why you support the downtown arena concept.

Comment

hello martin
              i support the concept.
              there are conditions
              no taxpayer money, there are different funding options available and that is what i have tried to emphasize
              but most importantly we need something more than an arena,
              there has to be development surrounding the arena as well, hotels, apartments, commercial/retail, otherwise we just end up with another northlands, a hockey rink with a large parking lot surrounding it and right downtown which is what we don't need.
              at this point we have only concepts, a sort of firm commitment on an arena and no commitment for anything else, not acceptable
              i hope this helps
              bryan

Comment

Thank you everyone for writing and visiting the C2E forum.
                I hope my ideas have interested you.
                Please go out and vote.

Comment

Working...
                X