Candidate Jane Batty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidate Jane Batty

This thread is to ask questions of Candidate Jane Batty – Councillor Ward 6.

All members are asked to allow the Candidate to post first in his or her thread. This is to allow the Candidate ample opportunity to introduce their background, platform, and any other information they may feel is pertinent to this discussion.

All decorum expected of members in the C2E Ask Forums will be expected here. An addendum is that posters may ask as many questions as they wish, but they are also politely asked to follow any instructions on posting or reply timelines that the Candidate expresses.

Thank you to all for participating in the 2010 Connect2Edmonton Election Forum!

Hello Everyone: Please visit my website at www.janebatty.ca or you can email me at [email protected]. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Jane

Comment

Good luck Jane and thanks for taking a stand and making that difficult decision on the plebiscite issue!

Comment

Jane: If elected, will you be pursuing any other initiatives such as the singing garbage cans?
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Thank you I appreciate your support.

Comment

The speaking garbage can was a Capital City Clean Up initiative to encourage the community to recycle their garbage. Over the last few years we have seen a decrease in recycling and the speaking garbage can was to draw attention to the issue.

Comment

^ it sure did!

To bad it wasn't more positive.
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

JANE!!

Can we please have a dog park created within the community of Oliver.

Oliver currently has 3 children's playgrounds despite the fact that our community is made of childless families or singes.

The park on 103 ave close to 112s t would be PERFECT ooo and can we have it fenced!
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Edmonton Daily Photo - there is a great dog park not too far from Oliver, it's on 119th St. and 109th Ave. We just cut in behind Staples and then it's a quick walk past the old cemetery. It's huge. (If you already know about this I apologize for butting in)

Jane, I just wanted to say I appreciate all your good work in the past for our ward and I deeply respect your vote on the airport and I wanted you to know that you have 3 guarantee'd votes from my household on election night!

Comment

I hope Ms Batty would take a strong stance against graffiti and vandalism in QMP/ Central MacDougall and help in the continued revitalisation of the area.
                    Any specific plans regarding the Avenue of Nations BRZ?

Comment

Jane - Hope all is well.

What are you going to do to ensure that the newly passed Capital City Downtown Plan is not just a vision, but that it actually receives proper funding and is implemented appropriately and that its momentum is not lost over next 3 years?

Best of Luck

Ian

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Jane, can you please reconfirm your commitment to closure of City Centre Airport and support for consolidation of air services at the Edmonton International please. This is an important issue for us as we support closure of CCA.

Comment

Hello Jane,

With the Walterdale Bridge due to be replaced soon, is there a chance of revisiting the alignment of Gateway Blvd through or under Sask Drive?

I think what spooked many people away from the last proposal was the unnecessary addition of a new lane for Gateway Blvd - it added fears of a dreaded freeway through Old Strathcona. I think eliminating that hairpin at Gateway Blvd and Sask Drive can be done without expanding the road.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

The Alberta Aviation Museum Association, in 2006 a small community museum now the 3rd largest aviation collection in Canada, is a feature tourism attraction in North Edmonton currently serves (5) veterans organizations, (3) Heritage organizations, (2) Youth organizations as well as a series of (6) modern aviation volunteer organizations such as the Civil Air Search And Rescue Association. The Museum also has the most advanced K-12 aviation education programming and is currently an operationally self sufficient not for profit operation that receives no operational funding from any level of government.

This is a facility that currently receives over 150,000 individual uses per year and attracts visitors from around the world.

What do you, as a candidate commit to specifically doing to insure the ongoing success and expansion of the Alberta Aviation Museum with the closure of the City Centre Airport and the damage it will cause to the facility?

I have been directed to ask on behalf of the boards of this facility.

Thomas Hinderks
                            Executive Director
                            Alberta Aviation Museum

Comment

LRT from gelnora to Grant mac west

Jane why did city council decide to build the LRT on stony plain instead of 107th?

My concerns come from the proximity to homes from the groat road bridge (which must be rebuilt) to 149st. This area is very busy and very narrow. As a result Businesses will be forced to close to make way for the LRT. Individuals between 142st and 149th who have great bus access now have a 3-5 block walk to transit. This does not even bring up the effects of construction on residents.

Comment

Working...
                              X