No announcement yet.

Candidate Greg Siver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky lago, thank you for your comment. These are one of the problems most newer neigbourhoods have, lack of exits and entrances. This causes traffic issues within the community and out, it makes it less safe. It is important to me when we develope new communities that the communities are developed to be walkable. Walkable communities have multiple entrances and exits and are build in a grid type of system. A safe community is build in a way that prevents speeding, is safe for childern to walk to thier friends or for a family to ride thier bikes without the dangers of busy streets. Good urban planning works. Lago Lindo is an examlpe of poor urban planning, and Lucky Lago you are right the community should never have been build with one entrance. It it my commitment to you to make newer communities safe and to help older communities to become safer. I am passionate about urban planning and urban planning is not just the downtown it is also ward three. Thank you for your concerns

Sincerely,
    Greg.

Comment

Regardless of your opinion on whether or not the City Centre Airport should stay open/be closed, what is your opinion on the failed plebiscite? Should we have had one or was city council correct in voting not to have one this election?

Comment

Originally posted by bootlegga View Post
        Regardless of your opinion on whether or not the City Centre Airport should stay open/be closed, what is your opinion on the failed plebiscite? Should we have had one or was city council correct in voting not to have one this election?

I believe it was a large mistake not to have the plebiscite. The perception of fairness looks poor, I believe it will take a long time before perception changes.

Thanks,
        Greg.

Comment

The Alberta Aviation Museum Association, in 2006 a small community museum now the 3rd largest aviation collection in Canada, is a feature tourism attraction in North Edmonton currently serves (5) veterans organizations, (3) Heritage organizations, (2) Youth organizations as well as a series of (6) modern aviation volunteer organizations such as the Civil Air Search And Rescue Association. The Museum also has the most advanced K-12 aviation education programming and is currently an operationally self sufficient not for profit operation that receives no operational funding from any level of government.

This is a facility that currently receives over 150,000 individual uses per year and attracts visitors from around the world.

What do you, as a candidate commit to specifically doing to insure the ongoing success and expansion of the Alberta Aviation Museum with the closure of the City Centre Airport and the damage it will cause to the facility?

I have been directed to ask on behalf of the boards of this facility.

Thomas Hinderks
          Executive Director
          Alberta Aviation Museum

Comment

Hello Thomas,

If the CCA closed your oganization would have my full support, I could not imagine that City council not supporting the musem. Right now I am unable to comment on the financial support until I have all of the information.

Thanks,
            Greg Siver.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Thomas Hinderks
              Executive Director
              Alberta Aviation Museum

Comment

Working...
              X