Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The All Purpose Thread

C2E Long Term Contributor

What is that female French voiceover saying at the end of the Perrier ad?
    I'm hearing "Ooooh, sim cards?"
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    She says 'ah Perrier' but because of the French accent it is more like 'ah Per-I-ah'
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Rothe View Post
    Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_we_...on_the_parkway
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    She says 'ah Perrier' but because of the French accent it is more like 'ah Per-I-ah'
    Try watching the latest version of the ad on TV please...it's constantly playing. The voice-over says else after that, which is new from previous years.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

She might be saying 'sinful' or 'simple'

C2E Hard Core Contributor

It sounds like "something cats".

Slim cans..............

Before jet engines were invented, giving us jet lag, was there prop lag?
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    Before jet engines were invented, giving us jet lag, was there prop lag?
    Yep

Just wasn't as extreme

Notice from Canada Post:

All postal deliveries are on hold until we build another warehouse.

Ralph? Ralph!? Call out so we can find you buddy!
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Default Man paid $100 for $1m James Bond submarine

Man paid $100 for $1m James Bond submarine car discovered in Long Island storage container

IT is one of the most famous cars in the history of the movies and when it goes under the hammer this September it could fetch over a million dollars.

But the James Bond submarine car from The Spy Who Loved Me nearly sank without a trace.

The customised Lotus Esprit was forgotten about in a storage container in Long Island, New York. It only came to light after a local contractor bought unseen the contents of the container in 1989, paying less than $100, according to a report on CNBC.

When the contractor opened up the container with his brother he found the white sports car without wheels and with a dented roof.

"They really didn't know what it was at first," said Doug Redenius, co-founder of the Ian Fleming Foundation, which authenticated the car.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...-1226686012349

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^"That's a one million dollar bill any day of the week."

Sounds more evil in German...

I think it's "Slim Cans".

http://www.nestle-waters.ca/en/media...rier-slim-cans

Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    ^"That's a one million dollar bill any day of the week."

^^ Yes...upon closer hearing, it is "slim cans". But the accent almost makes it sound like "sim cards".

I'd rather C2E than work!

Hey, PRT. That thermos mug you just bought, keeps things hot, keeps things cold, too, eh? Thing is, how does it know?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

It keeps my sangria cold for hours but it lasts only minutes...

Cheers, its Friday!
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-07-2013 at 10:57 AM.

post your recipe please
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

• 750ml bottle of red wine (not the expensive type) (white wine for white sangria)
    • 600ml ginger ale
    • 600ml orange juice with pulp (or cranberry, pineapple etc)
    • 75ml brandy or rum
    • juice of one lemon
    • juice of one lime
    • seasonal fruit, sliced; strawberries, raspberries, orange, lemon and/or lime slices
    • sugar to taste if necessary
    • some ice
    • sample taste often
    • Marinade for a hour if you can stand waiting.
    • while you wait, begin another batch...
    • Never measure and never make it the same twice...

Don't buy bottled sangria, not as good and half the fun is making it.

Sangria, the national drink of Spain
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangria

Yeah, I like the "sample often" line.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    post your recipe please
    we have a food section for a reason you know.....

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...play.php?f=142

Default Price of breakfast cereal

Have you noticed a jump in the price of breakfast cereal? I was in the store last week and noticed that even average cereal is ridiculously high in price?

375 gram box of cereal, $4.99 or $1.33/100 grams
    compared to
    350 gram bag of chocolate chip cookies, $5.00 for 2 bags or $0.71/100 grams

Why is it cheaper to have cookies for breakfast than cereal?

^ I've noticed the backhanded way of increasing the cost of cereal, at least in the case of Raisin Bran. The jumbo box is now down to 1.24kg. It was 1.3kg a short while ago. No reduction in price, though. I'm pretty sure that this tactic is applied to many other products, too.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Missing .10kg first world problems.

A TO-based messageboard I'm on has a thread where a photographer who shoots for grocery flyers (I think Sobeys) has been noticing over the last few years how products have been shrinking in size/weight/volume. It really started up around the financial collapse in '08. It's ongoing, and makes we wonder at what point do people notice? Will they?
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    A TO-based messageboard I'm on has a thread where a photographer who shoots for grocery flyers (I think Sobeys) has been noticing over the last few years how products have been shrinking in size/weight/volume. It really started up around the financial collapse in '08. It's ongoing, and makes we wonder at what point do people notice? Will they?
    I've noticed that. Mind telling us what the board is? I'm looking for one in Toronto.

I never buy cereal that isn't on sale. On occasion I walk down the cereal aisle looking for sale items, and buy a few when they're ones I like.

Tribe.ca: Products Getting Smaller For The Same Price

Tribe is oriented towards dance music and culture, and has been going for over 15 years now. That means that the people who in 2000 were posting about music, raves and whatever pills they did last night are now posting about condos, newborn kids, aging parents and investing.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    I believe it's referred to as inflation. The price of products is always gradually climbing but the companies will try to mask that fact by altering the product itself. Not really a new thing either, I think the classic example are Wagon Wheels, which used to be larger than they are now.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Or have we just gotten bigger so the Wagon Wheels seem smaller?

I would love to compare the sizes of the 10 cent chocolate bars compared to today's $1.20 versions. I recall buying Wagon Wheels for 5 cents. I heard somewhere that the original ones were 3-1/2" diameter or 89 mm to those Imperially challenged. Wiki states that they are now 65mm or about half the size if this is true.

The great Wagon Wheels debate
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Wheels
    http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/arch...php/t-255.html
    One thing is nice is that Wagon Wheels were not sold in the USA

Does anyone ever see and then go back and pick up their spun hubcaps that people lean up against signs, barricades, in trees, on fences etc. ?

While we are at it :
    What about all those lost winter mittens and scarves ?

Default Oops !

The Intempo skyscraper in Benidorm, Spain
    (Cut and paste into google news or other)

Good idea

I wonder why auto manufacturers don't standardize which side of the vehicles the fuel tank cap is on? It's ridiculous to have cars facing each other at the pumps. Why not filler caps on the left so that everyone enters the lines from the same side?

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    I wonder why auto manufacturers don't standardize which side of the vehicles the fuel tank cap is on? It's ridiculous to have cars facing each other at the pumps. Why not filler caps on the left so that everyone enters the lines from the same side?
    Yes, I've always hated that people have their fillers on the wrong side so guess what. Last Friday I bought a new car right out of the showroom and the filler is on the WRONG SIDE. So now I am one of those people parked on the wrong side at the pumps.

Make 'em the old way, put the filler cap in the centre of the back end of the car behind the hinged reg. plate.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Ya, those were the good old days. Also no onboard computers and electric gadgets would suit me fine. My Silverado has now passed 200,000 k and now everything electrical seems to be screwing up. It started with the power windows and just went on from there. Give me a 65 Ford or Mercury F150 with a 352, a 3 on the tree, AM FM, and crank windows and I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 15-09-2013 at 10:13 PM.

All purposers. Does anyone know if there is something planned for that big empty lot at 124 st. and 111 ave.

Was just watching Million Second Quiz online and one of the questions was "What is Vilnius?". The answers were: A. Smartphone App. B. The capital of Lithuania. C. A Game of Thrones villain. D. An STD.

I'm sure that one's going over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    All purposers. Does anyone know if there is something planned for that big empty lot at 124 st. and 111 ave.
    I hope so but I doubt it. :/

Game show rule of thumb: Don't wait until the last second to ring in an answer to a relatively easy question, especially if you had about 15 seconds to choose from 4 answers. She lost out on possibly winning over $200,000.

Not all game show contestants are brilliant though

^ love it!

Really though, is that Vilnius question about the level of questions on that show?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmF0-DM83o

at about 1.33 in you will see what I am sure is this same woman

Now, on the You Tube clip she used her phone call and you only get one phone call. On the moon & elephant clip she also called a friend. Now, if this is the same woman was she on the show more than once or was the moon & elephant clip a fake. Or is it the same woman?.

Google is even easier than calling a friend:

Ah well, it was funny while it lasted.

I put on my winter tires last night and I checked the pressures which were still 32 psi after being in storage all summer. The optomist in me would say that I have very good tires that hold their pressure. The pessimist in me wouldf say the summer was just too short. The procrastinator in me would say that they kept their pressure for the two weeks since I put them away. LOL

Why do Government forms still ask for your City + Province in addition to asking for your postal code .............
    Perhaps even they find the postal code system un-understandable

It was mentioned that Jasper Ave. goes past 82nd Street up to 77th. It actually went further east, although not across Rat Creek. Parts of it still exist but under new names. It'll take a bit to find those parts.

Wink why is it that clothing retailers

Insist on putting the short scrawny guy
    sizes at eye level (their tippy toe level)
    While the goods for the tall guys is stacked nicely at the average ankle level of a Chihuahua ?

^Or why do smaller t-shirts come in every colour of the rainbow but oversize ones are mostly in black and white?

Don't forget gray and putty ……..

When I wanted to buy some pocket t-shirts, there wasn't anything larger than 2XL in the stores. Had to buy some off of eBay. Good thing was there was also some colour selection, although mid to darker colours. Brights only in smaller sizes.

This is an actual essay written by a college applicant to NYU in response to this question:

IN ORDER FOR THE ADMISSIONS STAFF OF OUR COLLEGE TO GET TO KNOW YOU, THE APPLICANT, BETTER, WE ASK THAT YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

ARE THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE HAD, OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU HAVE REALIZED, THAT HAVE HELPED TO DEFINE YOU AS A PERSON?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abrstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA. I sleep once a week: when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven.

I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

(The author was accepted to NYU.)

priceless

Yes, that's been circulating around for about 23 years now but it's not really an application:
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbyol3.htm

Oh the irony!

Edmonton venue cancels psychic show after unexpected death
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/enter...dmontonjournal

^ God is like that sometimes...

Oh the irony!

Edmonton venue cancels psychic show after unexpected death
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/enter...dmontonjournal
    Obviously she DID NOT see that coming.

Could she not just emote from the great beyond. The people who believe if that physic nut bar stuff would love that. Shush, be quiet, Sylvia is coming through............

It's clear the doctor didn't like her so he used the tardis to get rid of her.

Default Would they be "Bonies"

Glow in the dark coin with a dinosaur from the Mint
    Their web site:
    http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/dinosa...4#.Uo-umcSkqFg

Call them what you like, but they look waaaay cool.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Default New Navy Capt. James Kirk

BATH, Maine—The U.S. Navy’s latest war machine sports cutting-edge technology, new propulsion and powerful armaments, but this ship isn’t the Starship Enterprise.

The skipper of the stealthy Zumwalt-class destroyer is Navy Capt. James Kirk, and yes, he’s used to the jokes about the name he shares with the TV starship commander played by actor William Shatner.

Kirk takes it in stride.

“I don’t take any offence,” he told The Associated Press in an interview. “If it’s a helpful moniker that brings attention to help us to do what we need to do to get the ship into the fleet and into combat operations, then that’s fine.”

The Navy skipper points out that his name is actually James A. Kirk, while the fictional Starship Enterprise captain was James “Jim” T. Kirk. But that didn’t stop him from earning the call sign “Tiberius”—the fictional Kirk’s middle name—while working with an aircraft carrier strike group. That was later shortened to just “T.”

Associated Press writer Lolita C. Baldor in Washington contributed to this report.

Well the ship does look like it should be in space.

How much you wanna bet that the Captains first command will be "w
    Warp factor 2, Mr Sulu" or “beam me up Scotty”

The design concept was around in 1891.

Even earlier yet; 1862. The CSS Virginia. What's old is new.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

USS Monitor was even stealthier. LOL

Yayyyy! I just heard on the radio that construction is finished on 75st and Roper Road. That intersection was two months of dog's breakfast!

It was mentioned that Jasper Ave. goes past 82nd Street up to 77th. It actually went further east, although not across Rat Creek. Parts of it still exist but under new names. It'll take a bit to find those parts.
    I haven't really looked eastward to see how far the name "Jasper Avenue" went but I did trace it to where it went to the west. I was actually more curious about the range roads and township roads that go through the city. One of those township roads was Township Road 530 (or the 14th Baseline). Both Jasper between 121th Street and 101st Street and 101st Avenue east of the river (where it doesn't bend) are on the baseline.

When I went to see how the baseline affected the road to the west, I found that 101st Avenue (from St. George's Crescent to 146th Street), the portion of Summit Drive that runs E/W and Stony Plain Road (where it starts running E/W between 150th and 151st Streets) are all on the baseline. When I checking this out in Land Titles, I noticed that the original subdivision plans on the south side of the road called the baseline "Jasper Avenue". This went on until I reached Plan 2232 HW (registered in 1949) which was a subdivision of the N.E.1/4 Sec.33-52-25-W4M. The western boundary of the plan shows 174th Street (which is now just about in line with the northeast corner of the Superstore).

How much of this (if any) was named Jasper Ave. I can't say.
    Last edited by TerryH; 30-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Following the subdivision plans showing Jasper Avenue to the east, I followed it as far as 36th Street. What the plans showed were that 109th Avenue between where it bends to the north, just west of 75th Street, to 73rd Street, 111th Avenue between 70th Street and 53rd Street, Ada Boulevard between 50th Street and 48th Street and 113th Avenue between 48th Street and 36th Street may have been called "Jasper Avenue". Again, whether they were or not, I can't say.
    Last edited by TerryH; 30-11-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks to the Henderson's directory of Edmonton, I found that those areas were indeed all called Jasper Avenue.

In the 1940 edition, the easternmost address was 5609 and the westernmost was 14601, with a note that it ran to 150th Street in the Jasper Place subdivision. There was also a note that the portion in Beverley was renamed 113th Avenue.

http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibl...962.34/44.html (pages 76 to 87 with the notes on page 87).

The 1942 edition dropped the portion west to 150th with no note.

http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibl...962.36/38.html

The 1947 edition dropped the portion west of 125th Street with no note.

http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibl...962.41/38.html

In the 1950 edition, the portion east of Rat Creek to the then east city limits was renamed 111th Avenue.

http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/bibl...962.44/28.html (pages 28-39, with the note on page 2.

Unfortunately, I can only assume the areas west of 150th Street were also called Jasper Avenue, as the directory didn't include the suburbs.

How is the Chamber of Commerce not the same as a union?

Members of CoC pay dues to have their interests promoted to government.
    Most CoC lobbying activities involve obtaining access to public funds.

Members of public-sector unions pay dues to have their interests promoted to government.
    Most public-sector union lobbying involves obtaining access to public funds, altered working arrangements, etc.

So, if so many Albertan's have problems with the existence of public-sector unions, why do they not have problems with the activities of the CoC?

Not even close to the same thing.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

incomplete post - see 278
    Last edited by kcantor; 12-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I would also note that the primary function of a union is not promoting its interests to government, it's collective bargaining with their employers and managing the collective agreements that are in place. Unions do lobby government but while it's the most publicly visible activity it's the tip of the iceberg in terms of all union activity.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by KLOC View Post

Members of public-sector unions pay dues to have their interests promoted to government.
    Most public-sector union lobbying involves obtaining access to public funds, altered working arrangements, etc.

So, if so many Albertan's have problems with the existence of public-sector unions, why do they not have problems with the activities of the CoC?
    how is it not the same???? let me count the ways...

the chamber of commerce is a completely voluntary business (not individual/personal) organization in terms of whether it's members pay any "dues" or not. if your business supports the organization's activities you join, you volunteer, you pay - all by choice.

the moment any of the chambers activities take positions you disagree with, you are not bound to support them in public (and are free to disagree with them in public) and you are free to withdraw your volunteer support and your financial support (dues).

the chamber works with government in many areas but as a stakeholder on behalf of its members not either directly or indirectly to "obtain access to public funds" whatever that means.

furthermore, public sector unions do not pay dues to have their interests promoted to government. they collect dues from their members to have their union interests promoted to government and those members have no choice in paying them whether or not their own interests align or agree with the unions' interests on a wide range of issues many of them non-workplace related...

the two are about as similar as our weather today and our weather in august. they're both organizations but that's about it as far as their being the same really extends.

lastly, i don't think saying "many Albertan's have problems with the existence of public-sector unions" is any more accurate than saying that many albertan's have problems with some of the treatment afforded to some of our public sector unions. truth be told, many albertan's probably have a problem with some of the behavior of public-sector unions but probably support them nonetheless and many albertan's probably have a problem with some of the behavior toward public-sector unions.

these are complex issues that are not black and white and a simplistic - and erroneous - comparison between unions and the chamber of commerce doesn't do much to resolve them.
    Last edited by kcantor; 12-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Has a Chamber of Commerce ever gone on strike?

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KLOC View Post

how is it not the same???? let me count the ways...

the chamber of commerce is a completely voluntary business (not individual/personal) organization in terms of whether it's members pay any "dues" or not. if your business supports the organization's activities you join, you volunteer, you pay - all by choice.

the moment any of the chambers activities take positions you disagree with, you are not bound to support them in public (and are free to disagree with them in public) and you are free to withdraw your volunteer support and your financial support (dues).

the chamber works with government in many areas but as a stakeholder on behalf of its members not either directly or indirectly to "obtain access to public funds" whatever that means.

furthermore, public sector unions do not pay dues to have their interests promoted to government. they collect dues from their members to have their union interests promoted to government and those members have no choice in paying them whether or not their own interests align or agree with the unions' interests on a wide range of issues many of them non-workplace related...

the two are about as similar as our weather today and our weather in august. they're both organizations but that's about it as far as their being the same really extends.

lastly, i don't think saying "many Albertan's have problems with the existence of public-sector unions" is any more accurate than saying that many albertan's have problems with some of the treatment afforded to some of our public sector unions. truth be told, many albertan's probably have a problem with some of the behavior of public-sector unions but probably support them nonetheless and many albertan's probably have a problem with some of the behavior toward public-sector unions.

these are complex issues that are not black and white and a simplistic - and erroneous - comparison between unions and the chamber of commerce doesn't do much to resolve them.
    Gotta say ... I agree with you. The question I posed to this thread was posed - not my me - to me at a dinner gathering of friends and acquaintances who own businesses operating in Alberta and across Canada. I have no personal experience with either the CoC or with unions; private or public as my firm operates entirely within the realm of private enterprise outside of North America. Therefor, I had little to offer as input, but was surprised that the question begat a healthy discussion with about 1/2 the group making comments along the lines of "it's a club, they take names, it is in your interests to be in the club."

Figured I'd pose the question nonetheless.

Thought this was funny, especially the uproar. I wonder if someone is now reconsidering their Canadian citizenship.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/canada-cra...warn-1.1654164

What's even funnier is that the UK once banned the import of Saskatoons.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-so-silly.html

^ I'm starting to see why Marks & Spencer closed here. My mother shopped there all the time.

C2E Super Addict

Thought this was funny, especially the uproar. I wonder if someone is now reconsidering their Canadian citizenship.

This is an outrage I tell you, a bloody outrage!!!

How the hell is a big strapping lad like myself supposed to live on just pierogies and poontang, or whatever it is that ungodly concoction of cheese, fries and gravy is called?

...An outrage I tell you!!!
    "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

....and while the food police sweat and fret at the border over jars of Marmite a drug cartel manages to slip by with 12,000 cases of sardines (supposedly) filled with grade a cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

This is an outrage I tell you, a bloody outrage!!!

How the hell is a big strapping lad like myself supposed to live on just pierogies and poontang, or whatever it is that ungodly concoction of cheese, fries and gravy is called?

...An outrage I tell you!!!
    You can always make your own Saskatooon perogies. Sounds tasty.

http://minoupitou.blogspot.ca/2011/0...-perogies.html

Or go buy a jar of yeast and use it as a condiment/topping.

You know you're out of touch with the movies when you see a story that Steve McQueen wants to direct a musical and you think "Isn't he dead?".
    Last edited by TerryH; 11-02-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Last night's episode of The Flash

First One is Always Free

Good Day Edmonton!!
    I have a question...For those of you who reside or did reside in a mobile home...How do you find people to Level your home or do other service work?
    I have looked and it seems there are not very many?
    Help?
    Thank you!!
    Train your mind to see the good in everything!!

Administrator *

You might have better luck if you ask this question in its own thread, in the "Ask Ed" forum, located here: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum....php?35-Ask-Ed

First One is Always Free

Thank you!
    Train your mind to see the good in everything!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123