Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The All Purpose Thread

Partially Addicted to C2E

...where's Waldo?

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Does Jack the packrat (from those Alberta electronics recycling ads) have 2 wives?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyT View Post
    Because unlike most winged animals bats can not take off from the ground. They need momentum in order to start flying and dropping from where ever they are hanging works just fine.

I wish the city would hang bat boxes all over the city. you can never have enough bats.
    Just discovering this thread (which is why I'm commenting on something from 6 months ago)...

I was in Ukraine in Aug/Sept and there are TONS of bats there. I also felt the need to blurt out "BAT!" and point every time I saw one. I think I drove my girlfriend insane. Apparently she's not as big a fan as I am (and growing up there I guess she's seen a lot of them)

Gord

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Because unlike most winged animals bats can not take off from the ground. They need momentum in order to start flying and dropping from where ever they are hanging works just fine.

I wish the city would hang bat boxes all over the city. you can never have enough bats.
    Just discovering this thread (which is why I'm commenting on something from 6 months ago)...

I was in Ukraine in Aug/Sept and there are TONS of bats there. I also felt the need to blurt out "BAT!" and point every time I saw one. I think I drove my girlfriend insane. Apparently she's not as big a fan as I am (and growing up there I guess she's seen a lot of them)

Gord
    gord, if you can't get back to the ukraine, you could always visit austin texas where a single colony under the congress bridge is home to about 1.5 million bats:

http://www.austincityguide.com/conte...ats-austin.asp
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Hmm...it would REALLY drive my girlfriend insane if I yelled "BAT!" after seeing each one

Gord

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Where did the A&W Root Bear Go??????
    Heck with him, whatever happened to Mayor McCheese?
    If memory serves me right, he was tied up in a lawsuit. Basically McDonald's hired Sid and Marty Krofft (Land of the Lost, H.R. Pufnstuf) to create some puppets to promote the chain. They did, but McDonald's ripped off their ideas and didn't pay them any money. Sid and Karty sued, and McDonald's scrapped the characters. I'm sure you can find it all on the 'net somewhere.

Gord
    P.S. I was pretty much right - it was an advertising company that ripped them off, not McDonalds. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...f-kids-tv-show
    Last edited by Gord Lacey; 14-02-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added PS info and link

Hmm...it would REALLY drive my girlfriend insane if I yelled "BAT!" after seeing each one
    Gord
    Or perhaps it would drive her...

bats?

(sorry, I could not resist)

Nice one Scarma

Gord

Default Cigar question

Last Saturday I went to a wedding reception. The couple actually got married in Cuba a month ago. So on their one month anniversary they had a reception for the (cheap!) folks who didn't fly to Cuba.

Later that night the groom brought out a wooden box of Habana cigars. I took one but never lit it up. I plan to smoke it the next time the Oilers win a Stanley Cup.

How long do cigars keep? What's the best way to store them? In the freezer or a dark cool place?

never answered e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    Last Saturday I went to a wedding reception. The couple actually got married in Cuba a month ago. So on their one month anniversary they had a reception for the (cheap!) folks who didn't fly to Cuba.

Later that night the groom brought out a wooden box of Habana cigars. I took one but never lit it up. I plan to smoke it the next time the Oilers win a Stanley Cup.

How long do cigars keep? What's the best way to store them? In the freezer or a dark cool place?
    In a humidor - they can be purchased at most fine cigar shops

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

HAHA, your cigar isn't going to be any good by the time the Oilers win another Stanley Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by glasshead View Post

Not for one cigar!

Unless I can store other stuff in a humidor....

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    HAHA, your cigar isn't going to be any good by the time the Oilers win another Stanley Cup.
    My mother has one of those food sealing gadgets. Think that would work? Give it the old freeze dried treatment?

never answered e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by glasshead View Post

Not for one cigar!

Unless I can store other stuff in a humidor....
    buy more cigars! Stock up for the Oiler's cup party

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Chances are you can purchase the same cigar at any cigar store in the city for far far less than it would cost for a humidor. It's been a while since my cigar phase, but I seem to remember you could get a pretty damn good cigar like a Montecristo for $20 -30.

One cigar for $20-30? Yikes... thankfully I don't smoke cigars, or I could go broke.

Seal inside a Jar with a cloth or paper towel inside with 3 drops of water
    Check weekly
    do not put them in a fridge. instant desication

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Seal inside a Jar with a cloth or paper towel inside with 3 drops of water
    Check weekly
    do not put them in a fridge. instant desication
    Thank you. Do I keep the jar at room temperature or cooler?

p.s...I might have a change of heart and smoke the cigar after the Oilers win a playoff round.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

I was watching Kill Bill 1 and it has occurred to me that I am still waiting for the DVD box set that Tarantino promised.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Bandwidth Hog

^ And kudos to CBC for showing that film uncensored.

This thread needs more usage. I still see a couple of useless thread topics popping up everyday.

What is the best way to get rid of ant hills by being environmental-friendly?
    Boiling water or try cucumber skin.
    Ants supposedly do not like cucumbers.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Why did the British adopt left-lane driving while the rest of the world went with right-lane? As a former British dominion, why did Canada not follow the British left-lane driving?
    http://users.telenet.be/worldstandar...the%20left.htm

I have no idea how true it is, just did a google search. It said that yes, a lot of british colonies do drive on the left and had to do with most people being right handed and using their sword with their strong (right) hand. But one tidbit of information I heard years ago said that it was mainly islands now who drive on the left. All mainland had to eventually conform to one way or another, but the islands, well they are an island, with very few cars hopping to islands, there was/is very little need or pressure to change over.

Quote Originally Posted by JBear View Post
    Why did the British adopt left-lane driving while the rest of the world went with right-lane? As a former British dominion, why did Canada not follow the British left-lane driving?
    http://users.telenet.be/worldstandar...the%20left.htm

I have no idea how true it is, just did a google search. It said that yes, a lot of british colonies do drive on the left and had to do with most people being right handed and using their sword with their strong (right) hand. But one tidbit of information I heard years ago said that it was mainly islands now who drive on the left. All mainland had to eventually conform to one way or another, but the islands, well they are an island, with very few cars hopping to islands, there was/is very little need or pressure to change over.
    Britain may be an island but there are a lot of cars, trucks etc: on their roads. Now with the opening on the of the tunnel under the English Channel traffic has increased tremendously. With the economic union people can cross borders within the union with ease. It may be an island but it is very much connected to the rest of Europe. I think they will keep driving on the left as they will be reluctant to change and be like the rest of Europe.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Before the Channel I don't imagine their was a lot of cars from the mainland. Obviously not as much as today anyways. Since they are now connected to the Main land they may eventually switch over.
    I think they are being asked to change over to Right Lane Driving now by the EU. Not too sure about that.

Britains roads are highly congested now. It is getting the same as the states and Canada, two sometimes 3 cars per household. As for changing from left to right lanes I think there will be a raging battle as they will be very resistant to changing over.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Anyone see the pics of the ancient hippies commemorating Woodstock? Those pics made me lose my appetite for breakfast, especially the woman with the goatee.

Quote Originally Posted by lux View Post
    This thread needs more usage. I still see a couple of useless thread topics popping up everyday.

Build high-rise ant homes on the premise that density is better for the environment. Government should subsidise the construction or give some kind of tax concession to the developers as part of a Community Vibrancy Implementation Framework Agreement. The the same floor plan should be used for all units to save money and defeat materialism.

Pay relocation costs and compensation for all the ants. As the prospect of developing new ant hills is impossible due to the legislated green belt around the city, demand predictably skyrockets. Introduce rent controls for the ants, or just charged a fixed proportion of their income to help them cope. Watch the first generation struggle with the displacement and from working two jobs to save enough to take trips to Los Vegas as an escape from the towers. Watch the second generation grow up watching TV inside the ant apartments, shiftless, lacking ambition. Social problems develop. Juvenile ants coalesce into gangs that are in a constant low level battle for control of the constricted space. Demand construction of subsidized recreation centres to distract them from creating mayhem.

Remaining ants with any sizeable income move to a hill out in the country beyond the green belt where they reclaim their lives, paying $2000 for a fancy stereo to lessen the boredom on their 1 hour & 15 minute commute each day, each way, through the ecological green belt to work as public planners for the city.
    I'd just like to give some kudos to lux for this post.

Why is it when someone with an accent sings, they don't have that accent anymore?

Paul McCartney and Elton John have British accents but when they sing they lose the accent.

Why?
    LMAO Mel Tillis dont stutter when he sings.. what gives???
    Love Your Freedom?
    Thank a Vet

grish

When you're at a LRT stop, how can you tell which is track one and track two? As in: "Next train South Campus on track two".

In Guantanamo (Banned)

Why is it when someone with an accent sings, they don't have that accent anymore?

Paul McCartney and Elton John have British accents but when they sing they lose the accent.

Why?

...ain't that odd, it's like when Canadians talk, and it sounds American.
    Last edited by andy8244; 15-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Canadians do not sound like American... I'm not even sure what American sounds like. A person in California sounds a lot different then someone in Boston. Someone in North Dakota sounds a lot different then someone in Baton Rouge.

Just as a Newfoundlander sounds a lot different then someone from Quebec... and so on and so forth.

I find the above comment quite naive.

Quote Originally Posted by grish View Post
    When you're at a LRT stop, how can you tell which is track one and track two? As in: "Next train South Campus on track two".
    I believe all usually NB tracks are track 1 (if you face the direction of Clareview, the track on your right) and all usually SB tracks are track 2. I might have those mixed up, though, which I guess doesn't help you much.
    Strathcona City Separatist

grish

^ but when you are standing underground, how can you tell which is north bound and which is south. every time I go below ground I loose all sence of direction. To me if they said "Clareview on North Bound track" I would still ask "which is the north bound track?".

There are signs along the walls on the platform that point to the ultimate destination in either direction [ <- Clareview | South Campus -> ]

I agree, though, if they are going to use numbers to announce it, they should have the numbers posted somewhere. Though given the bright signage on the trains themselves (the new ones at least), maybe it's not all that important.

C2E Continued Contributor

Speaking of signs....

The funniest protest signs of 2009 -> Huffington Post

C2E Bandwidth Hog

In the poster promos for "Surrogates", Bruce Willis looks like an older Jason Statham.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Sigh....only in Calgary would they make the Dalai Lama wear a cowboy hat.

Had some fb friends from Calgary writing about how inspiring it was to see the "Dalia Lama" ... more than a few times using the same spelling...

sigh...

I have a very close friend who met the Dalai Lama in Vancouver on Tuesday at a conference. They definitely didn't make the guy wear a cowboy hat.

You guys should look in to the history of that white cowboy hat and the Dalai Lama.

I think giving a cowboy hat to every visiting dignitary is getting old... is there nothing else in Calgary they can give to visitors that is unique and that the city can be proud of?

^ What isn't unique about it, and what makes you think they aren't proud if it? For better or for worse, it's a recognizable symbol of their city.

Happy Halloween!

You registered but never posted. username to be deleted.

^What are you dressing up as?

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    I have a very close friend who met the Dalai Lama in Vancouver on Tuesday at a conference. They definitely didn't make the guy wear a cowboy hat.
    I got a charge out of a story I heard recently. Apparently, when Jesse Ventura was governor of Minnesota, he met the Dalai Lama. Said Ventura "I asked him (the Dalai Lama) the most important question that I think you could ask - if he had ever seen Caddyshack.”

Most people have no idea what he was talking about. Those who have seen Caddyshack, however... they know!!

Try using cucumber skins. Apparently ants do not like them.

Back on the subject of insects....

I noticed the past few years these oblong-shaped crawling insects. They are grayish, flat and have spiked hairs. They seem to like the darkness because I find them under the outside doormat and under the garbage can.

Whatever they are, they are ugly.
    Take a look at this web-site. This may be what you have.

http://pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/silverfish.htm

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Do insects go to the "bathroom"???
    Oh yeah!!!! They do!!!! Love bugs peed on me a few times )))) And my friend says that flies poo ))))

After an afternoon out at Southgate.

Why do (And this is not to be sexist) women always stop at either the top or the bottom of an escalator when there are people directly behind them? Three separate times in Sears, The Bay and the escalator heading to the parking deck...... WHY? WHY? WHY?

It's a machine ladies! It it will not stop if you are in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

Gord
    gord, if you can't get back to the ukraine, you could always visit austin texas where a single colony under the congress bridge is home to about 1.5 million bats:

http://www.austincityguide.com/conte...ats-austin.asp

that is true, my friend who lives in Austin, Texas told me about it
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Quote Originally Posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    After an afternoon out at Southgate.

Why do (And this is not to be sexist) women always stop at either the top or the bottom of an escalator when there are people directly behind them? Three separate times in Sears, The Bay and the escalator heading to the parking deck...... WHY? WHY? WHY?

It's a machine ladies! It it will not stop if you are in the way!
    If a lady is wearing heels then she has to be careful about stepping on an escalator.

I agree, but i am specifically talkiing about after they get OFF the escalator (top or bottom, type of shoe does not come into play at this point) take another step then stop, talk, look around etc, then do not move away from it though other people are right behind them. It is almost like the "ride" is over and they need to catch their breath. I don't get it!

In Guantanamo (Banned)

I agree, but i am specifically talkiing about after they get OFF the escalator (top or bottom, type of shoe does not come into play at this point) take another step then stop, talk, look around etc, then do not move away from it though other people are right behind them. It is almost like the "ride" is over and they need to catch their breath. I don't get it!
    I believe this very thorny issue is top of the agenda at the next G20 meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by andy8244 View Post
    I believe this very thorny issue is top of the agenda at the next G20 meeting.

Good I can barely wait to hear Angela Merckels take on it.

This is a common occurrence in City Centre and a pet peeve of mine. You're not sure which way to go when you get off the escalator, I get that, but you still need to move out of the way - the escalator doesn't stop when you get off, and neither will the flood of people right behind you.

In Guantanamo (Banned)

Quote Originally Posted by RTA View Post
    This is a common occurrence in City Centre and a pet peeve of mine. You're not sure which way to go when you get off the escalator, I get that, but you still need to move out of the way - the escalator doesn't stop when you get off, and neither will the flood of people right behind you.
    Fair point - I can see how “the magic moving stairs” could baffle your average Edmontonian.

Face it. It's a common occurence at escalators period. it's like people suddenly zone out on "the ride" then snap back to reality all dazed and confused at once they get off. Not knowing where too go. You would think that people would use their time figuring out where they need to go while they are on the "ride"

It's the same with people who are in a queue at a checkout, they get to the head of the line and suddenly "Oh I have to pay for this?" then they start to fish out cash/debit/credit cards of thier wallet or purse. Or worse yet the "Let me give you some pennies or change"
    This ALWAYS happens when you are in a slight rush or it's busy at lunch hour.

I will not get into people (especially at my local Shoppers) who show up to have the cashier check 3,456 Lotto tickets. The voices the cashiers use to direct them to the Ticket Checker is Priceless!

C2E Super Addict

As you may recall from "A Fish Called Wanda", it is imperitive in potentially disasterous situations like this to begin shouting and waving early enough to avoid what could be a serious collision. There is precious little time to react on these so called "escalators" (I prefer to use the term "high speed rocket stairs") and their use is most certainly at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by andy8244 View Post
    Fair point - I can see how “the magic moving stairs” could baffle your average Edmontonian.
    This coming from a person who is mystified by flush toilets and electricity.

Is it just me or most (all, for what I've seen) flag persons (or is it 'flag people'?) are blonde and/or white?
    Why?
    Why are most flag people women, white and blond in this fair city?
    Is it b/c they stand out better against the dark pavement?
    Seems incredibly odd that I've never seen a dark skinned flag person, ever, in this city... And I drive around the city lots, at least 1 hour a day...
    Anyone know?

^ I'm not sure about blonde but it seems most flag people are attractive women.

A hot chick holding a "Slow" sign will get less abuse from frustrated drivers than some dude. It also gives the creeper drivers in this city some eye candy.

I dunno some of those "flag persons" are not ALL THAT ATTRACTIVE standing there with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths..... maybe some of you guys are still driving too fast to get a really close look! LOL

A hot chick holding a "Slow" sign will get less abuse from frustrated drivers than some dude. It also gives the creeper drivers in this city some eye candy.
    I know. I'm not complaining at all... Most are indeed quite attractive. and your theory sounds about right,
    I just find it odd at least that most or all are attractive, white women.
    So odd at best, but it also looks like job discrimination...I'll change my mind when i see an ugly hindu girl as a flag person tho.

Default Car In a Bag on Jasper

So has anyone else seen the bagged car on jasper and 103 with that catchy slogan on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CigarHippo View Post
    So odd at best, but it also looks like job discrimination...
    Having been employed in the paving business since the late '80's I can confirm that it is extremely rare that you see resumes or job applications from Asians or East Indians for field positions.

For you, North Guy....

^I know which way I'll be heading home tonight!!! :P

So has anyone else seen the bagged car on jasper and 103 with that catchy slogan on it ?
    there's also one at Jasper right near RHW.

It's an ad for JetSet, an airport parking service. They're out on Jasper Ave handing out pamphlets.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I quite liked the flag people they had down in the US for highway construction in Montana and Wyoming. They would pretty consistently wave motorcycles up to the front of the line of cars so we wouldn't have to hang out at the back and choke on the dust everyone else kicked up. And naturally when you got to the end of the construction and the pilot car turned off, it was nothing but open road in front of you.

Most were decidedly unlike the flag people we see in Alberta. They tended to be pretty rough looking, older men who likely weren't much good doing physical labor or operating machinery.

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Default Bill would criminalize computer viruses

I found this quite interesting. I'm in agreement because we all in some way have had our machines screwed with. Have a read...http://www.infosecurity-us.com/view/...puter-viruses/
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

just as a follow-up to the last post I made here (in August, apparently)...

I recently used Jetset Parking at EIA and was pretty impressed. Absolutely no wait time arriving or departing. Car was running and waiting when we were dropped off by the shuttle.

There was a promo on that made the "wepark" option the same price as "youpark" when booking ahead, so the valet option was the obvious choice.

Would use again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    just as a follow-up to the last post I made here (in August, apparently)...

That's funny...
    If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Alright, I want the old Silk Hat back! Damn that was a fine restaurant!! From breakfast to late night. And the juke-boxes, waitress's, tea leave readers, the menu - OMG!

I need a Silk Hat fix.

Alright, I want the old Silk Hat back! Damn that was a fine restaurant!! From breakfast to late night. And the juke-boxes, waitress's, tea leave readers, the menu - OMG!

I need a Silk Hat fix.

I did that twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I did that twice?
    Yes you did yes you did....LOL

But I hear its a bar now or something. There was a place kitty korner from the Silk where we went too - the Russian Tea Room - a few doors down on Jasper from 103st.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

It's called The Hat, a more upscale resto-bar.
    If you want to try out a similar greasy spoon as the old Silk Hat, there is The Commodore at Jasper Ave/107 St.

Next time I'm in Edmonton, Thanks SDM.

There always Route 99 on 99st at 89 ave. Very retro 50's style diner complete with an aircraft wing suspended over the front entrance.

Definite that I'm going there thanks guys. Seems to me that when I was a munster their was a certain Buffalo Bill's Steakhouse that existed somewhere. Does anyone remember this place?
    I think it was in North Edmonton but I was pretty young so...

^Hey Buffalo Bill what did you kill..................remember that song.
    Anyway, was it not on 97th. Street and about 153 Ave. I remember vaguely it had an all you can eat ice cream machine.

Gemini - 153 ave didn't exist when I moved from Edmonton in 1991.

I'm talking about the seventies.

^Well, you should get googling on the maps as you will be amazed at how much Edmonton has grown. If you remember north of 153rd. and 97th. Street as being fields where you could ride horses you are in for a big suprise.

^ The last time I was through was August of 2009 and we were traveling on VIA so didn't get a chance to take in the real growth of the city. Yes - I will get 'googling'

^Well, go further than 153 Ave. as the city is now just about too Lancaster Park. Scan east, west, north & south. I think you are going to be 'googling' in another way other than Google.

You know Gemini, every time I look at a map of Edmonton I focus on the downtown because most of my time was spent in that area of the city. And I'm googling all of those wonderful, licentious angles you have suggested!
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 15-01-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: lameness

Happy birthday baby number seven billion!

Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iodJ0...layer_embedded

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Paulina Gretzky's twitpix.
    http://coedmagazine.com/2011/10/24/h...-twitpics-1/#1

I've been accessed a high-sticking penalty!

C2E Bandwidth Hog

I smell a conspiracy!

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02...st-hits-album/
    Angry music fans everywhere are currently lambasting Sony Music for hiking up the price of the late-Whitney Houston’s 1997 greatest hits album, The Ultimate Collection.

Hot on the heels of the singer’s untimely death on Saturday night, the company that owns rights to much of Houston’s back catalogue upped the wholesale price of the album which in turn increased the retail price on iTunes by approximately $3. This increase happened hours after the news broke.

I smell a conspiracy!

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02...st-hits-album/
    Angry music fans everywhere are currently lambasting Sony Music for hiking up the price of the late-Whitney Houston’s 1997 greatest hits album, The Ultimate Collection.

Hot on the heels of the singer’s untimely death on Saturday night, the company that owns rights to much of Houston’s back catalogue upped the wholesale price of the album which in turn increased the retail price on iTunes by approximately $3. This increase happened hours after the news broke.
    After getting slammed for the "coincidence" stating it was a mistake they reduced the price back to what it was after apologizing. They got caught! greedy B*******S. It was on the CTV National News tonight. Great corporate image on a stars death.

Just in case you were wondering what the music is in the "So transparent" window commercial,
    it's Toselli Serenade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw7ZTAGdxL8
    The bird singing is a nightingale.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

The Calgary follow up to Sh$t Edmontonians say!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh0C...&feature=share
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

Default Hmmmm

Why does Canada Post have City - town, Province as req'd fields on their web site when they also get your postal code ?
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Default Solar Flares - Storm - Activity

The solar storm seems to have affected all of the people already close to the "edge" in the city
    Perhaps this ia also being accentuated by the Full Moon

Compete lunacy abounds throughout the city
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

The solar storm seems to have affected all of the people already close to the "edge" in the city
    Perhaps this ia also being accentuated by the Full Moon

Compete lunacy abounds throughout the city
    I assume you are commenting on the "**** head drivers today" nearly got killed by a stupid young ***** getting back to my car at WEM this afternoon.
    He obviously thought the parking lot by Cactus Club was connected to the Whitemud some how.

His girl friend started to swear at him in Mandarin and punched him in the head.
    Since it is so warm out their windows were down and I could hear her freak out.

She gets bonus points from me for that since I wanted to punch his lights out.

C2E Bandwidth Hog

After 25 years, I wonder if Rick Hanson must be really sick of the song "Man in Motion!"

C2E Bandwidth Hog

Next time I see one of these on my balcony, I'll be borrowing my neighbor's rifle!

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/giant-jew...ogist-1.935390

Quote Originally Posted by DebraW View Post
    ^ Great idea!

Why is it that people who have speech impediments do not stutter when they sing for example Mel Tillis.
    My daughter stutters( or bumps, as the speech therapist calls it), but when she talks while crying or singing, she sounds perfectly fine. I don't know why that is but her therapist says the brain is a very complex enigma!

Having nothing to do, I was interested to see what there was for subdivisions along the flight path north of the airport and the tracks. Found a piece of the Rosslyn playground that was never part of a subdivision beyond the original township plan. Stating at the SW corner of 32nd Ave and 112th St., go across the street to the property line on the north side of the road, then go another 114.3 ft north, then 301 ft east then south to the property line. According to Plan 4879 AI (orginally a new subdivision of Kensington), it wasn't to be included with the subdivision of rest of NW 20-53-24W4. Not sure if there were buildings there at the time or not.

Approximate boundary:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast