Thread: Car repair - need a good mechanic

First One is Always Free

Default Car repair - need a good mechanic

Hello,
    Could somebody recommend a good mechanic to fix the car?
    I need to change the front springs (broken) and the timing belt.
    By the way do somebody has any idea what will be the price for that?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hello,

Thank you.
    Do you want a good mechanic or a cheap mechanic? Do you want something convenient or anywhere in town? What sort of car do you have? etc. etc.

I probably can't help you much though - I have just learned that mechanic's cost a lot of money here (especially dealers, which I avoid if possible, as after market parts like Napa are often a better bet). My guess is that a timing belt and springs are going to set you back quite a lot, more than a thousand anyway, unless you have something really standard / generic that you are driving.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    [
    Do you want a good mechanic or a cheap mechanic? Do you want something convenient or anywhere in town? What sort of car do you have? etc. etc.
    Good and not expensive. if is it possible to find like that.
    I don't care where it will be, unless it is affordable prices, professional and good people, that not overcharge you, like dealerships does.

I have a Ford Focus 2000 SE sedan car.

I have a Ford Focus 2000 SE sedan car.
    I use fountain tire downtown (were called Loveseths) - I like them a lot. They are good, but probably not the cheapest (I am guessing there is a premium for location). Better than a dealer though, they will search around for parts you need, and may even provide a drive car while waiting (not that you should have to wait with a focus, which are dime a dozen). They did a good job with the Ford I used to own.
    Last edited by moahunter; 06-07-2008 at 01:00 AM.

First One is Always Free

Westmountain automotive...just south of Argyl and east of 99 st.
    Good rates and will not fix was is not broken.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by rockdoc View Post
    Westmountain automotive...just south of Argyl and east of 99 st.
    Good rates and will not fix was is not broken.
    West Mountain Automotive Ltd.Glenn Nishiyama9628 - 58 Av.780-438-1419
    Right?

Thanks for the help!

Partially Addicted to C2E

Vince's Automotive in Sherwood Park (just off Wye Road by the Safeway) has been really good for repairs on my Focus.

In Guantanamo (Banned)

Have a friend who fixes cars for friends and their friends etc. He just did my rear end on a 2003 Taurus and it only cost me $100.
    If you are stuck and cant find anywhere then let me know. It is near 149st and 107 ave. and evenings and weekends are the best times.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post
    Have a friend who fixes cars for friends and their friends etc. He just did my rear end on a 2003 Taurus and it only cost me $100.
    If you are stuck and cant find anywhere then let me know. It is near 149st and 107 ave. and evenings and weekends are the best times.
    Thank you.
    I've send you the private message already.

Thank you everybody for the help!!!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Hi. I haven't been around this board in some time, and you've probably had your car fixed by now. However, I can fully recommend Edmonton Foreign Car on 50th Street just south of the Sherwood Park Freeway. Talk to John (the owner). He's a master mechanic, 40 years experience, and charges less than dealerships. Good quality workmanship and absolutely fair.

Default Could use a guy like that

I don't know how to do private. This is my first time on this site. My brother has an older car, is on AISH, and I want him to be safe. His car needs work so the guy has to be fair, good and very reasonable. Would like to meet your friend. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post

If you have TIME post a mechanic wanted job on Kijiji. As most mechanics have to have their own tools to work they can do simple jobs on their driveway or yours when they need work.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I had my timing belt done last year at a cost of about $700. Fountain Tire Whyte Ave (all Fountain Tire stores should be the same though).

Hello,

Thank you.

i know a good mechanic but it's too late now to give you one, but in near future if you have some problem you can probably need some car repair for your car...

Default We have a mechanic shop

Here is a little history about what we do and how we came to be. If you would like more information please check out the site. We would be more than happy to answer any/all your questions.

We are a small Edmonton dealership that focuses on building community by helping people with our car clinics and our financial literacy classes. We have over 30 volunteers and 3 full time staff and have fixed over 400 vehicles (at no cost) for those in need in the Edmonton area in the last 10 years. We also offer a employee benefit program that allows your company to support our cause while helping your staff get their vehicle repairs done at a discounted rate.

The money we receive from the vehicles sold goes to fund our sliding scale repairs. Check out our website today and see what sets us apart from other used car dealerships & service centers in Edmonton.

We are located at www.goodnewsauto.ca

Wink Hard to find a reliable mechanic

My wife and I moved to edmonton about 14 years ago. I was in auto sales for the last 5 or so years. One constant complaint I heard was that it is so hard to find a reliable mechanic in edmonton, especially if you were a single mom or even just female. So we decided to open up our own shop, we called it Good News Auto Ltd. and we are opening our doors July 20th, 2012. If we cant do the repairs we will find someone who can, we also sell cars under $5000 that come with a 1 year warranty. This was another big gap I found was out there in the auto industry. Our cars all come fully inspected and are certified by our A.M.V.I.C licensed mechanic. I hope you have found someone you can trust to fix your car. We also have a website you can check out at www.goodnewsauto.ca. It talks about how we subsidize auto repairs for those who cannot afford to repair them on their own. Also how the profit from the auto sales goes to fund the repairs.

With your Ford Focus, you could try that shop that was recommended above for your future repairs, I am assuming you have gotten your timing belt fixed already. I think good news auto is at 69 street and 76 ave. It's amazing how many times I have heard "does anyone know of a good reliable mechanic in Edmonton?" . Just be careful not to go for cheap as sometimes that can be verrrry expensive. I learned that one the hard way. GOOD LUCK