Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: "Insurance Broker" Scheer - Padded Resume

  1. #101

    Default

    Scheer and his closest closet friends


    https://www.thespec.com/opinion-stor...oon-for-oct-4/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 04-10-2019 at 06:37 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you need to get off your high horse. i have never discriminated against you and i find that accusation insulting.
    "I didn't discriminate against you, I just said in my opinion you were lesser."

    I stopped reading right there Ken.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  3. #103
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    13,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you need to get off your high horse. i have never discriminated against you and i find that accusation insulting.
    "I didn't discriminate against you, I just said in my opinion you were lesser."

    I stopped reading right there Ken.
    so you have time to post a response and to paraphrase out of context with your conclusions and not mine but you have no time to take to actually read what you're responding to through to the end?

    that's some horse you're still riding.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    so you have time to post a response and to paraphrase out of context with your conclusions and not mine but you have no time to take to actually read what you're responding to through to the end?
    You've said there's nothing I can do to change your stance on your discrimination (even on acknowledging your own prejudice). So why throw more effort at futility? You came out of the gates with a variation of the ol' "I'm not prejudiced, but <INSERT PREJUDICE HERE>" & that's all I needed to read to get a comprehensive assessment.

    It's not worth my time to try and talk a prejudiced septuagenarian boomer bigot out of his opinions, nor am I particularly interested in really nailing down the finer points of your bigotry & prejudice.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    that's some horse you're still riding.
    Time for you to take a Prentice Pause & look in the mirror.

    I'm deeply sorry you feel insulted or offended by my shining a light on your prejudices yet again.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  5. #105

    Default

    Noodle - you need to realize that just because someone doesn't march in lockstep with everything you say and believe does not make them prejudiced.

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Noodle - you need to realize that just because someone doesn't march in lockstep with everything you say and believe does not make them prejudiced.
    Absolutely correct. Not agreeing with me does not automatically make them a bigot.

    Unfortunately for you it's your own freely expressed bigoted prejudices that make you a bigot, not the disagreement in and of itself.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  7. #107

    Default

    Bigot = anyone who wins an argument against a liberal

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Bigot = anyone who wins an argument against a liberal
    But you've said I was a bigot for my stance on bigotry, which I freely accepted (thanks Karl Popper).

    How do you reconcile this with your attempted redefinition of the term?
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  9. #109

    Default

    “admitted” - now here’s a word with negative connotations that often reveals more about the writer’s personal bias and/or attempt to spin people’s perceptions than the subject’s actions.


    Eg.1 When Amanda asked Jason about his sexual orientation. Jason responded that he was gay. Amanda then said: So you admit that you are gay! Jason then said: Ahhh yeaaah that’s what I said.
    Headline next day: Jason ADMITS to being gay!!!!

    Eg.2 When Amanda asked Jason about his vehicle. Jason responded that he drove a Dodge hybrid. Amanda then said: So you admit that you drive a hybrid! Jason then said: Ahhh yeaaah that’s what I said...




    Andrew Scheer says he did register for the U.S. draft, faces more questions on taxes
    taxes
    BY AMANDA CONNOLLY , PATRICK CAIN , DAVID AKIN AND ANDREW RUSSELL GLOBAL NEWS, October 4, 2019


    “Scheer admitted on Thursday that he is a dual Canada-U.S. citizen and received his American citizenship as a child through his father, and has been under pressure to clarify to what extent he has fulfilled the draft registration and tax filing requirements placed on dual citizens by the American government.

    Under U.S. federal law, all male U.S. citizens must register for the draft with the Selective Service System within 30 days of reaching the age of 18.”

    http://globalnews.ca/news/5990192/an...heer-us-draft/
    Interesting that the US register appears to be so blatantly sexist.
    Last edited by KC; 04-10-2019 at 10:38 AM.

  10. #110
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    13,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    so you have time to post a response and to paraphrase out of context with your conclusions and not mine but you have no time to take to actually read what you're responding to through to the end?
    You've said there's nothing I can do to change your stance on your discrimination (even on acknowledging your own prejudice). So why throw more effort at futility? You came out of the gates with a variation of the ol' "I'm not prejudiced, but <INSERT PREJUDICE HERE>" & that's all I needed to read to get a comprehensive assessment.

    It's not worth my time to try and talk a prejudiced septuagenarian boomer bigot out of his opinions, nor am I particularly interested in really nailing down the finer points of your bigotry & prejudice.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    that's some horse you're still riding.
    Time for you to take a Prentice Pause & look in the mirror.

    I'm deeply sorry you feel insulted or offended by my shining a light on your prejudices yet again.
    noodle, you are the one who has it upside down and backwards.

    you and others with dual citizenship have advantages and options and alternatives that most other canadians do not. and you are willing to pretend that your allegiance to and citizenship in another country does not potentially conflict with your allegiance and citizenship in canada.

    you enjoy a position and circumstance of privilege that is prejudicial against those canadians who are "just" canadians. your accusing me of prejudice and discrimination by pointing that out simply shows you don't - or don't want to - understand the underlying issue and concerns.

    yes, a canadian is a canadian is a canadian. you are the one who wants to maintain a special class of canadian outside of that.

    it is indeed time for one of us to honestly look in the mirror.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    yes, a canadian is a canadian is a canadian. you are the one who wants to maintain a special class of canadian outside of that.
    No, I most certainly do not. I do not expect any different treatment from Canadian officials or the Canadian government than any other Canadian, nor have I said otherwise. I would hope that I also wouldn't get treated differently by my fellow Canadians, but evidently that's just a bridge too far. To assume I would use my (objectively more valuable & flexible) German passport to get some sort of primacy or leg up on vs other Canadians is some Grade A projection & ignores my overwhelmingly egalitarian viewpoints across social, economic & political topics.

    I am a Canadian, through & through. No more & no less than you. And no more & no less than Scheer, for whom my concerns around his dual citizenship are entirely based in the coverup/non-disclosure & his blatant hypocrisy.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    yes, a canadian is a canadian is a canadian. you are the one who wants to maintain a special class of canadian outside of that.
    No, I most certainly do not. I do not expect any different treatment from Canadian officials or the Canadian government than any other Canadian, nor have I said otherwise. I would hope that I also wouldn't get treated differently by my fellow Canadians, but evidently that's just a bridge too far. To assume I would use my (objectively more valuable & flexible) German passport to get some sort of primacy or leg up on vs other Canadians is some Grade A projection & ignores my overwhelmingly egalitarian viewpoints across social, economic & political topics.

    I am a Canadian, through & through. No more & no less than you. And no more & no less than Scheer, for whom my concerns around his dual citizenship are entirely based in the coverup/non-disclosure & his blatant hypocrisy.
    ok, then revoke your German citizenship. Canada should not recognize dual citizenship as it results in circular arguments and essentially achieves nothing. It's a waste of time. Pick a citizenship and be done with it.

  13. #113

    Default

    Whether you & Ken believe that Canada shouldn't recognize dual citizenship, they currently most assuredly do.

    I have no desire to give up something valuable & beneficial so some conservatives on a forum put me in their "us" category vs the "them" one. I'm more than happy to not meet the criteria to be included in their group.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  14. #114

    Default

    My issue with Scheer and the review of candidates for Party leadership is that who is vetting them an why would you keep this secret. Either you know the optics are bad or just ignorant that the optics are bad.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •