Thread: Oilers Season Ticket Renewals 2019

Default Oilers Season Ticket Renewals 2019

Just got an e-mail at 3:26 p.m. MDT today (April 29, 2019) that Renewal Packages are coming by Canada Post this week with a deadline to renew of May 23, 2019.

I am not renewing after 25 years of having Season Tickets.

Enough is enough.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Yea it's a tough call.

McDavid/Draisatl so good.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Dan and I just received our email, I am renewing.

Curious to see their offer, enticement etc.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

As bad as the annual returns have been on the STH outlay an upstart club like the AV's (who are so similar to the Oilers) shows what can occur with even a bit of fortune, a goalie turning out well, and pretty much carbon copy to our playoffs in 2017.

At least we have two extremely high end players. Additions like Chiasson and even Gagner show that's its possible to supplement our depth needs. We need two competitive winger additions, and a backup that can play. Sometimes the difference is not as striking as it appears.

Dallas, a club that was perennially bubble despite having allstar players has quietly added some depth, drafted Heiskanen (what a fantastic young D) and are now poised to go deep in the playoffs.

Theres been a lot of pain. But its still possible to effect some quick turnaround. Next season is likely better than people think.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

^there are parallels between McDavid/MacKinnon, and Landeskog/Draisaitl. The Oilers need to looks closely at the Avs, they are good model that shows what can be done if you ride your stars in the playoffs. The key though is to get through a season and make the playoffs.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I'm out.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

My friend who has had season tickets for 10+ years is canceling this year as well.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Posting Power

Right on....more for everyone else then......

I can certainly understand people cancelling. The Oilers have given every reason for their STH to feel that they are never going to amount to anything but the firing of Chiarelli is huge. If he was never hired in the first place we would have 3 MVP calibre forwards on this club still, along with Eberle. we would quite frankly be as good or better than AV's or Stars are. We would be where they are right now. Theres no getting Hall or Eberle back but the Oilers still have two of the very best players in the world, and its a godsend how good Draisaitl has turned out to be.

I would never buy STH in the first place, I can't rationalize present day cost of games, but with even a plausible GM making some sensible offseason additions of just a few helpful players this team probably has a good chance of playoffs. Cap, parity, the draft has rendered the league wide open where little difference exists between the teams. Giving up seats now could be a type of selling low. The Oilers will be better, and soon enough.

If I had STH I would have got rid of them the moment Hall was traded. That more than anything signalled how the org just didn't have a clue.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Someone I know got their package for Upper Bowl and...No price increase!

Roughly, how much are season ticket packages?

Quote Originally Posted by Safir View Post
    I think they start around 2-3K per seat and go up from there. Maybe top out around 30K per seat?

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Safir View Post
    Cheapest seat is $2,069 including GST for 45 games (41 regular season, 4 preseason). Goes up from there. Generally speaking, season ticket packages are discounted by about a third from face value shown on the tickets themselves.

So yes, this year they did no increase. Last time they did that was back in one of the really bad seasons just before they drafted Hall. Otherwise generally they've gone for 3-5% increases in what I would deem an average year. It was 2% last year after they missed the playoffs, but more like 11-12% the year before when they DID make the playoffs. And in the season or two prior to that, there was a series of large increases when they switched from Rexall to Rogers, drafted McDavid etc.

So while it's appreciated that they've held their prices for a single season, it isn't nearly enough. They've also announced a bunch of other bonuses for season seat holders, like 15% off food/bev, monthly open practices, additional individual game day tickets at the discounted price, extending the print at home feature (this has been a HUGE headache since they shortened the window to 48 hours, which was done entirely so they could shut out Stub Hub from resales no matter what other BS excuses they gave), and a few other crumbs.

At the end of the day, what matters to me as a fan and a long time season seat holder is the performance and entertainment on the ice. The good news for the organization is that they've got the most exciting player in the world on the roster, so if they get their crap together, it shouldn't be insurmountable to turn the franchise around in short order. So we'll be keeping our upper bowl seats for the year. However, the 1/4 share we hold of a Loge I'm personally not interested in renewing, but haven't yet gotten together with the other guys/businesses we share that with, so I'm not sure where everyone stands. I know everyone's getting pretty fed up.

You know what would make me more likely to renew though? A press release saying that pending the hiring of the new Oilers GM, they have released Howson, MacTavish, Green, Messier, Coffey, and Lowe from their current positions effectively immediately along with most of the professional scouting and player development staff so that the incoming GM can fill those positions as needed. And that press release would also clarify what exactly Wayne Gretzky's role is, and it should boil down to "meets with clients and fans, does the occasional media appearance, and never utters a breath to a trainer, scout, coach, or GM.

They have held Loge to no increase for the first year but it looks like a 3-year licence deal again with increases in years 2 and 3.

C2E SME

Hah, what a joke. No way I'm signing any sort of term on a Loge again. They're going to have a hell of a time keeping them all sold if that's what the offer is.

I have now had a chance to go through everything in the Loge Package my firm got and while it does not contain a copy of the Licence Agreement nor explicitly say it is for 3 years that can be implied I think by the reference in the cover letter to a 2% increase for 2020-21 and a 3% increase for 2021-22 while no increase for 2019-20. It says that the Loge Representative will be in contact shortly to discuss. The deadline for Loge is May 31, 2019. My Upper Bowl Package has a deadline of May 23, 2019.

C2E SME

At least the increases in the subsequent years are reasonable.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    I have now had a chance to go through everything in the Loge Package my firm got and while it does not contain a copy of the Licence Agreement nor explicitly say it is for 3 years that can be implied I think by the reference in the cover letter to a 2% increase for 2020-21 and a 3% increase for 2021-22 while no increase for 2019-20. It says that the Loge Representative will be in contact shortly to discuss. The deadline for Loge is May 31, 2019. My Upper Bowl Package has a deadline of May 23, 2019.
    i find the dates interesting... it's almost as they want as many "cheap seats" back as possible so they can offer them as an option for more expensive seat-holders that might not want to renew an ability to move down rather than out.

i guess even the tier 1 fans have sub-tiers.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I have a friend who works for a pretty major corporation, and they're not renewing their loge seats. They could not give those seats away to clients last year, outside of a handful of marquee games.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

C2E Long Term Contributor

Our group is row 4, aisle 217 (hashmarks) and is ~8500.00 for the pair.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    So while it's appreciated that they've held their prices for a single season, it isn't nearly enough. They've also announced a bunch of other bonuses for season seat holders, like 15% off food/bev, monthly open practices, additional individual game day tickets at the discounted price, extending the print at home feature (this has been a HUGE headache since they shortened the window to 48 hours, which was done entirely so they could shut out Stub Hub from resales no matter what other BS excuses they gave), and a few other crumbs.

And don't forget that you will now get to watch some team practices.

WHOOPEE !!

This team has done absolutely nothing over the last 2 years to get fans excited. Which is why I haven't bought any Oilers tickets for the last 2 years.

I wouldn't renew.

We are not renewing our Sportsnet Club tickets. The food quality deteriorated badly last year (was good in year 1 and great in year 2) and there just isn't enough value in having no bathroom lineups to justify the cost.

We will be renewing our section 206 seats and continue to be tier 1, sub-tier v fans at about $5600 for the pair. The other perks offered this year are of no consequence to me. Don't buy any over priced food or drinks and don't have time to watch practices or tour the building.
    Last edited by pietschu; 02-05-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Since the Oilers can't give their fans a good hockey team, they have to scrape up whatever they can in "experience" leavings to try to dull the pain.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    This team has done absolutely nothing over the last 2 years to get fans excited. Which is why I haven't bought any Oilers tickets for the last 2 years.

I wouldn't renew.
    I don't know why anyone would pay money for a hockey ticket for the Oilers. Seasons ticket holders can't even give them away. I can't count the number of free tickets I've turned down in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post

I wouldn't renew.
    I don't know why anyone would pay money for a hockey ticket for the Oilers. Seasons ticket holders can't even give them away. I can't count the number of free tickets I've turned down in the last few years.

Typical. For years everything gets pushed aside to focus on getting an amazing new arena built downtown for the hockey fans - then those fans find all kinds of excuses not to use it.

Maybe they are too busy going to BC than to support the home team of Alberta.
    Last edited by KC; 02-05-2019 at 10:14 AM.

I wouldn't renew.
    Because we like hockey, enjoy our time there, it's our money and when the Oilers are good, which is what we hope for, there aren't free tickets.

There are also games that are hard to get tickets for, so you have those in hand.

C2E Posting Power

I wouldn't renew.
    Good for you....I don't turn down free tickets in a box suite or any other seat for that matter.....which btw - still exists a waiting list around the block to "attempt" to get into. I hear Horgan calling your name....

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post

I wouldn't renew.
    Good for you....I don't turn down free tickets in a box suite or any other seat for that matter.....which btw - still exists a waiting list around the block to "attempt" to get into. I hear Horgan calling your name....
    Odds have the Canucks being a much better team than the Oilers next year so maybe I will pick up one of those free tickets if that is indeed the case

They've also announced a bunch of other bonuses for season seat holders, like 15% off food/bev, ...
    Watch for the announcement in June; "Oilers announce 15% price increase in food and beverage." Only half joking....
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

C2E SME

heh, Stew MacDonald mentioned in this interview that beer prices are remaining the same: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-12...e-up-1.1298908

Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    They've also announced a bunch of other bonuses for season seat holders, like 15% off food/bev, ...
    Watch for the announcement in June; "Oilers announce 15% price increase in food and beverage." Only half joking....
    Yep. In anycase how big a thrill is it that they are going to drop Concessions prices 15% for STH on things that are marked up 10 times cost price? Wowsa! Oh the Generosity.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

free team practices?

for a team that went 18-19-4 at home last year, does that mean that when they don't show up for the big show and treat it like a practice - or worse - that the fans will get their money back?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

do they show up 10 minutes into practice like they do games?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    Sorry to reply twice to this but you were actually right. The Oilers did actually increase all booze prices. You can't make this stuff up.

This is lifted off another board and is text of a twitter screenshot of the new prices and the old prices;

Banquet/Pilsner can
    Old price: $10
    New price: $11
    15% off card: $9.35 (65 cents cheaper than the old price)

Canadian/Coors Light can
    Old price: $11
    New price: $13
    15% off card: $11.05 (5 cents more than the old price)
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-05-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Reports are Ken Holland is heading to Edmonton as Oilers new GM. 5 yr $25 million contract

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Sorry to reply twice to this but you were actually right. The Oilers did actually increase all booze prices. You can't make this stuff up.

This is lifted off another board and is text of a twitter screenshot of the new prices and the old prices;

Banquet/Pilsner can
    Old price: $10
    New price: $11
    15% off card: $9.35 (65 cents cheaper than the old price)

Canadian/Coors Light can
    Old price: $11
    New price: $13
    15% off card: $11.05 (5 cents more than the old price)
    Since I never buy the overpriced food and beverage offerings, I don't remember the price history so I thought I'd check with our ticket rep. I have been told that food and beverage prices are still what they were during the past hockey season and that prices have not been set for next season. So those changes may have occurred a year ago or more and prices for the upcoming season may still go up.

C2E SME

I don't imagine that Stew MacDonald went on AM radio and lied through his teeth to tens of thousands of listeners guys:

heh, Stew MacDonald mentioned in this interview that beer prices are remaining the same: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-12...e-up-1.1298908