Thread: Game of Thrones

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Game of Thrones

Anyone have any theories on how season 8 is going to play out?

I feel like it will be a big disappointment. For example my theory on the ending is the head night Walker gets killed and all the zombies die. I mentioned this to a few friends before episode 1. If that's how it ends its lazy writing.

Then in the last episode they mentioned they want to use bran to lure the night king out in the open for exactly this reason. Ugh

C2E SME

As long as it's not as bad as Lost's conclusion, I'll count it as a win.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    I feel like it will be a big disappointment. For example my theory on the ending is the head night Walker gets killed and all the zombies die. I mentioned this to a few friends before episode 1. If that's how it ends its lazy writing.

Then in the last episode they mentioned they want to use bran to lure the night king out in the open for exactly this reason. Ugh
    Ive heard theories that the Night King is matching south to Kings Landing and his Generals are the ones attacking Winterfell in Episode 3, along with the dead in the crypt of Winterfell being raised to fight with the dead army.

I would be disappointed if the White Walkers were defeated in episode3, or if the entire cast at Winterfell were killed off.

I see Jon Snow turning down his right to the iron throne though. Although is Danerys turns on Sanza maybe he will throw his name in the hat for the right to rule and protect the north.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post

The big disappointment to me, always, was that it was a fictional rather than a historical narrative and easily could have been the latter. I see little point in mythology, never did, and thus not my cup of tea. I have all day for history on the other hand. But faux history? The absolute worst. I'm sad when I travel now and people go to places and imagine these in reference to such things as Game of Thrones rather than what the places actually are, historically, or contextually.

Thus watching the first two episodes and witnessing instances of Game of Thrones tm travelling was a big disappointment to me. A wish for more than this.

I'll just be happy that its over. But of course I expect drivel sequels and spawns.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"