Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 194 of 194

Thread: 2019 Provincial Election - ELECTION NIGHT!

  1. #101
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    11,266

    Default

    Rachel Notley did well considering the opposition she was surrounded by. No allies from other NDP governments or federal NDP, a hostile media and special interests, among other things.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  2. #102

    Default

    Well it seems that Kenny has massive support, no oil price crisis, no significant WSC price differential, a stable economy so compared to what the NDP faced, the job is relatively easy.

    He has to focus on increasing revenues, cutting expenditures and not taking on any more debt. Paying down existing debt too of course.

  3. #103
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    WTG stupid Edmontonians we have no representives in the majority government you just gave the rest of Alberta all the goodies . Stupid is what stupid does
    We apparently don't learn here in Edmonton very well. Brian Mason was a solid candidate, but retired, in Edmonton. I'm not sure how many of the current NDP winners in Edmonton would make great candidates. Still quite a few of the people that got swept in in 2015 election. Its interesting that most of the province has learned that the NDP was not meeting the needs of Alberta. Edmontonians politically on this one are behind the ball. Interesting as well that so many top NDP candidates, and elected, are in Calgary. I would put Kathleen Ganley ahead of anybody running in Edmonton outside of the Premier. It took allstar NDP candidates to win a riding in Calgary and that's where they are located. So that Edmonton gets almost all the NDP MLA's but outside of Notley weaker representatives.
    Now watch all the crying and whining next 3 years to how Calgary is being favoured by this government , oh but don't worry our minority MLA's who have 0 say in the matter will be doing a lot of useless barking . This time the city will deserve it .
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  4. #104
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    To the roughly 80% of posters who can't get it right, it's "Kenney".

  5. #105
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Not surprised all the cheer leaders for the ndp are short on words around here all of a sudden
    It's very very quiet in here..
    Wow your self grandising is pretty amazing. The most divisive polarizing election Alberta has seen that I am aware of and the election of a man who promises to bring back boom times, that no one can. I didnít vote NDP or ucp because personally Iím sick of you all.

    Alberta deserves better.
    I don't really care who you did or didn't vote for. I'm thrilled with the outcome.

    I think the NDP experiment was one and done. Rachel was a dirty mud slinger during the election, those that voted for her, are no better..

    I'm sick of you all? Okay, bye bye!
    Animals are my passion.

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    55% voted for ucp. Since 1982 only higher total was Ralph Klein in 2001.

    As KC would say... what a bunch of followers.
    At least now we can dispense with the ridiculous notion that Alberta is a progressive society. We can thus stop needlessly thinking about future generations and get back to burning up all of the oil as fast as humanly possible.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    WTG stupid Edmontonians we have no representives in the majority government you just gave the rest of Alberta all the goodies . Stupid is what stupid does
    We apparently don't learn here in Edmonton very well. Brian Mason was a solid candidate, but retired, in Edmonton. I'm not sure how many of the current NDP winners in Edmonton would make great candidates. Still quite a few of the people that got swept in in 2015 election. Its interesting that most of the province has learned that the NDP was not meeting the needs of Alberta. Edmontonians politically on this one are behind the ball. Interesting as well that so many top NDP candidates, and elected, are in Calgary. I would put Kathleen Ganley ahead of anybody running in Edmonton outside of the Premier. It took allstar NDP candidates to win a riding in Calgary and that's where they are located. So that Edmonton gets almost all the NDP MLA's but outside of Notley weaker representatives.
    Now watch all the crying and whining next 3 years to how Calgary is being favoured by this government , oh but don't worry our minority MLA's who have 0 say in the matter will be doing a lot of useless barking . This time the city will deserve it .
    It may have been foreseeable but claiming that voters for the opposition deserve to be treated as second class citizens is absolute anti-democratic garbage. This is now our government too.

    If Kenney's UCP treats Edmonton differently than the rest of the province then that's proof enough that Edmonton was right and that this is a bad government that can't be trusted with power.

    Only if they govern fairly can they prove us wrong.
    There can only be one.

  8. #108
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Not surprised all the cheer leaders for the ndp are short on words around here all of a sudden
    It's very very quiet in here..
    Wow your self grandising is pretty amazing. The most divisive polarizing election Alberta has seen that I am aware of and the election of a man who promises to bring back boom times, that no one can. I didnít vote NDP or ucp because personally Iím sick of you all.

    Alberta deserves better.
    I don't really care who you did or didn't vote for. I'm thrilled with the outcome.

    I think the NDP experiment was one and done. Rachel was a dirty mud slinger during the election, those that voted for her, are no better..

    I'm sick of you all? Okay, bye bye!
    You should probably see a doctor asap.

  9. #109

    Default

    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?

  10. #110
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Our new Premier, has a news conference at 3.00 pm.
    Animals are my passion.

  11. #111
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    It looks that way. The unions, those feeding off the public purse , all voted NDP..delusional..no idea what's going on in the rest of the province
    I bet Notley stays on 3 months, then leaves, she has no say in anything.
    Animals are my passion.

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Not surprised all the cheer leaders for the ndp are short on words around here all of a sudden
    It's very very quiet in here..
    Wow your self grandising is pretty amazing. The most divisive polarizing election Alberta has seen that I am aware of and the election of a man who promises to bring back boom times, that no one can. I didn’t vote NDP or ucp because personally I’m sick of you all.

    Alberta deserves better.
    I don't really care who you did or didn't vote for. I'm thrilled with the outcome.

    I think the NDP experiment was one and done. Rachel was a dirty mud slinger during the election, those that voted for her, are no better..

    I'm sick of you all? Okay, bye bye!
    She turned to mud-slinging at the end but the same dirty mud was a major part of the UCP platform. They constantly called her a socialist trying to ruin the province without offering any examples or even a shred of evidence.

    I wish we could have ignored it all.
    There can only be one.

  13. #113

    Default

    Checked GasBuddy average price yesterday and today. The average gas price in one day after the election rose 0.3 cents a litre, overnight! At that rate, by September 1st, gas will be $1.58! Vote Kenney out! FCOL LOL
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post
    WTG stupid Edmontonians we have no representives in the majority government you just gave the rest of Alberta all the goodies . Stupid is what stupid does
    We apparently don't learn here in Edmonton very well. Brian Mason was a solid candidate, but retired, in Edmonton. I'm not sure how many of the current NDP winners in Edmonton would make great candidates. Still quite a few of the people that got swept in in 2015 election. Its interesting that most of the province has learned that the NDP was not meeting the needs of Alberta. Edmontonians politically on this one are behind the ball. Interesting as well that so many top NDP candidates, and elected, are in Calgary. I would put Kathleen Ganley ahead of anybody running in Edmonton outside of the Premier. It took allstar NDP candidates to win a riding in Calgary and that's where they are located. So that Edmonton gets almost all the NDP MLA's but outside of Notley weaker representatives.
    Now watch all the crying and whining next 3 years to how Calgary is being favoured by this government , oh but don't worry our minority MLA's who have 0 say in the matter will be doing a lot of useless barking . This time the city will deserve it .
    And that’s how it works. Are you new to this game?

    It’s exactly what we’ve had for the last four years in reverse where the barking was that Edmonton was favoured.

  15. #115
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    YEG
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Sounds like a lot of people on this forum voted NDP and are just a bunch of poor losers.

    Everything youíre all saying now is identical to the poor loser PC supporters of 2015.

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and canít deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isnít it.

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I'm sick of you all? Okay, bye bye!
    Is that a promise?

    We certainly won't miss you.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  17. #117
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Rachel Notley did well considering the opposition she was surrounded by. No allies from other NDP governments or federal NDP, a hostile media and special interests, among other things.

    Really...She seems to have done well with the CBC and other organisations

    https://business.financialpost.com/o...landlocked-oil

    Please do not make it sound like the NDP got booted out because Rachel got unfair coverage from the media and the press. She got booted out by the people of Alberta for her policies, or lack thereof.

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    I think they failed to make a coherent case for what they've done, and in my opinion it was mostly how they communicated. They got into defensive campaign mode early instead of continuing to sell their policies as stable common sense.

    I don't know how much was the NDP and how much was the media but I suspect a lot of people didn't like being told that they were racist homophobes by association.
    There can only be one.

  19. #119

    Default

    When does the Russian investigation start?

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people on this forum voted NDP and are just a bunch of poor losers.

    Everything you’re all saying now is identical to the poor loser PC supporters of 2015.

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and can’t deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isn’t it.
    As I said, I voted UCP yesterday. And in the next election I’ll maybe vote for some other party based on what I think is best at the time.

    These persistent poor-loser-whiners on the left and on the right are no better than low-life street gang members loyal only to their gang and to nothing more - definitely not to the citizens that they want to strip of all that’s good.

    I’m getting tired of tolerating their useless platitudes using socialist, nazis, etc. They are the minority, the fanatics and they are not the average voter who is far more intelligent than these one-party-loyalists.
    Last edited by KC; 17-04-2019 at 09:00 AM.

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people on this forum voted NDP and are just a bunch of poor losers.

    Everything you’re all saying now is identical to the poor loser PC supporters of 2015.

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and can’t deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isn’t it.
    He can't deliver because so much of what he promised isn't under his control.

    That said, I suspect he learned a thing or two working under Harper and will turn out to be a tolerable manager with few to none of the hard-right hidden-agenda type policies that the rabid left expect of him.

    I'm not so much sad for the change in government as much as for what appears at first glance to be a return to a tendency to one-party government.
    There can only be one.

  22. #122
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    I think they failed to make a coherent case for what they've done, and in my opinion it was mostly how they communicated. They got into defensive campaign mode early instead of continuing to sell their policies as stable common sense.I don't know how much was the NDP and how much was the media but I suspect a lot of people didn't like being told that they were racist homophobes by association.
    Exactly, just like Trump supporters, or anybody wearing a MAGA hat is vilified in the US. Just because people support UCP or Trump, does not mean they are racists or sewer rats. Nor does it give anybody the right to label them as such.

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    When does the Russian investigation start?
    Did you hear Kenney bash the Russians last night.
    Last edited by KC; 17-04-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: CORRECTED MY MIS-PELLING

  24. #124

    Default

    As a provincial government we don't have to go nearly that far "east" to find our meddling bogeyman.
    Everyone knows that Kenney's team had assistance from Ontario.

    (Joke. The famed Notley-Trudeau alliance is also not a thing.)
    Last edited by Highlander II; 17-04-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    There can only be one.

  25. #125
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,043
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    (Ö)

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and canít deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isnít it.
    Yes, it is.

    FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    To the roughly 80% of posters who can't get it right, it's "Kenney".
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

    Did you hear Kenny bash the Russians last night.

    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow. Soon to rebrand to something global.

  26. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    (…)

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and can’t deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isn’t it.
    Yes, it is.

    FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    To the roughly 80% of posters who can't get it right, it's "Kenney".
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

    Did you hear Kenny bash the Russians last night.

    He has to earn that extra e from me.

    A rule I should have applied to Notly.

    Plus, if Kenney is so focused on efficiency why is that useless extra ”e” still in his name?
    Last edited by KC; 17-04-2019 at 09:35 AM.

  27. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    It looks that way. The unions, those feeding off the public purse , all voted NDP..delusional..no idea what's going on in the rest of the province
    I bet Notley stays on 3 months, then leaves, she has no say in anything.
    My wifes union sent out an email blast with all sorts of anti Kenney talking points 2 days before the main vote. She definitely rethought her vote for a day due to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    I think they failed to make a coherent case for what they've done, and in my opinion it was mostly how they communicated. They got into defensive campaign mode early instead of continuing to sell their policies as stable common sense.

    I don't know how much was the NDP and how much was the media but I suspect a lot of people didn't like being told that they were racist homophobes by association.
    I agree that was part of the issue. Definitely goes much deeper. Curious what all the ndp supporters think the main down fall was. It seems ndp supporters want to continue bashing Kenney & the ucp online almost as tho they failed to realize this didnt get them anywhere during the election or before.

  28. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    It looks that way. The unions, those feeding off the public purse , all voted NDP..delusional..no idea what's going on in the rest of the province
    I bet Notley stays on 3 months, then leaves, she has no say in anything.
    My wifes union sent out an email blast with all sorts of anti Kenney talking points 2 days before the main vote. She definitely rethought her vote for a day due to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.

    I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.

    Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    I think they failed to make a coherent case for what they've done, and in my opinion it was mostly how they communicated. They got into defensive campaign mode early instead of continuing to sell their policies as stable common sense.

    I don't know how much was the NDP and how much was the media but I suspect a lot of people didn't like being told that they were racist homophobes by association.
    I agree that was part of the issue. Definitely goes much deeper. Curious what all the ndp supporters think the main down fall was. It seems ndp supporters want to continue bashing Kenney & the ucp online almost as tho they failed to realize this didnt get them anywhere during the election or before.
    People hold the government accountable for the state of the economy sometimes fairly, sometimes for things beyond its control. They don't generally scrutinize what the opposition promises as rigorously. However, now things will filp and the UCP government will be held to greater scrutiny and accountability and if they do not deliver what they promised (some of which like oil prices and approval of pipelines by other jurisdictions will be beyond their control) voters may change their opinions accordingly. The UCP has been able to channel anger effectively, but if they disappoint it could come back to bite them ... and there are all those other things that may not just go away, like RCMP investigations. The honeymoon may be brief and things can change quickly, we saw how quickly support evaporated for the PC's in 2015.

  29. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people on this forum voted NDP and are just a bunch of poor losers.

    Everything you’re all saying now is identical to the poor loser PC supporters of 2015.

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and can’t deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isn’t it.
    He can't deliver because so much of what he promised isn't under his control.
    I find this attitude interesting, it is as if government has no impact on the economy, it is all fatalist so we should just vote based on social issues.

    I disagree and per the election results, most Albertans disagree. Business confidence is a real economic phenomenon that drives economic growth far more than government spending does. If the economy improves dramatically now (which I think it will), it won''t be because of oil prices or similar, it will be because entrepreneurs / business executives feel confident and decide to take a chance / invest. That will be in large part because they believe this government has their back with policies that support them (lowering corporate taxes, reducing red tape, fighting more strongly for market access).
    Last edited by downtownone; 17-04-2019 at 10:34 AM.

  30. #130
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    People hold the government accountable for the state of the economy sometimes fairly, sometimes for things beyond its control. They don't generally scrutinize what the opposition promises as rigorously. However, now things will filp and the UCP government will be held to greater scrutiny and accountability and if they do not deliver what they promised (some of which like oil prices and approval of pipelines by other jurisdictions will be beyond their control) voters may change their opinions accordingly. The UCP has been able to channel anger effectively, but if they disappoint it could come back to bite them ... and there are all those other things that may not just go away, like RCMP investigations. The honeymoon may be brief and things can change quickly, we saw how quickly support evaporated for the PC's in 2015.
    Problem is that even if the UCP lose 10-15% support, they're still well in to majority territory in the mid 40's for popular vote, assuming there's no other realignments. And they'd likely bleed support to either the Alberta or Liberal parties, not the NDP. I sincerely doubt we'll see another NDP government in Alberta. What I'd like to see, personally, is a realignment in the center of the spectrum similar to what happened with the right. But instead of uniting the left under one roof, it would be the centrists from the NDP, Liberals and Alberta party joining forces and leaving behind the rump of the true believer Dippers. Depending on how Kenney governs, there could well be a lot of support for a more centrist party. At least that would give centrist voters an option to vote for that has a legitimate chance of forming government or being a strong opposition. The current situation with centrists votes split between all of the major parties just leads to the extremes taking power.

    I know for many people who think like me (fairly non-ideological and well informed, if I do say so myself) felt like they had no good option in this election. I've never voted NDP and likely never will. But I cannot stand Kenney either, and have legitimate concerns about the policies and attitude he's bringing to government. But votes for the Liberals and Alberta party in this election (and in the case of the Liberals, every Alberta election) were more or less wasted in this election. It would be nice to have a viable centrist option. One can dream, anyways.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 17-04-2019 at 10:33 AM.

  31. #131

    Default

    I think people will see LGBTQ wont be harmed under a ucp govt and that this was used to divide the vote. It will cost the ndp more votes next election as people see this.

    If the economy and our province is In better shape next election ndp lose most of Edmonton.

  32. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    I just heard that the vacancy rate in downtown Calgary is now 0%!

    It'll be interesting to see the reaction of the UCP supporters when Kenney brings in a deficit budget.
    What's a bet in three months time, when we see business confidence has soared, new investments, a drop in unemployment, and similar, you will be on here saying its all random / because of Notley? Over half of Albertan's are excited today, we may finally start to see an end to what has been an endless line of layoffs in the private sector - business now has a government that has its back, and anyone who works for a business should feel more secure today knowing that - this is why the UCP trounced the NDP.

  33. #133

    Default

    Why would business confidence soar? Where are these new investments coming from? How is there going to be a drop in unemployment?

    The majority of those layoffs occured before NDP came to power... but why let facts get in the way of the good old Conservative hee-haw?

  34. #134

    Default

    ^lower taxes, less red tape, pro-business government. Today is a happy day for more than 50% of Albertan's, and most of the others will learn in time that it was a happy day for them too.

    But I am betting Albertans will be surprised by how quickly the improvement begins, not because the UCP will hit the ground running with brilliant policies and bold, decisive actions. There will be some of that. But the biggest reason will be a simple change of attitude.Rather, it will be more like Albertans’ moods in spring. After hunkering down in your house all winter, the temperature doesn’t have to go up to summer levels for you to feel better, to go out and do more, to develop a spring in your step.

    It will be like that for a lot of companies in the energy industry (and small businesses that depend on work from big energy companies).

    Most importantly, Justin Trudeau is still prime minister and will still be working actively to undermine Alberta and its economy. International investors are going to remain leery until there is a change of government in Ottawa.

    Still, there will be a lot of companies willing to take more of chance, to drill a new well, hire a new employee, buy a couple of new trucks – just because they feel better about the future.


    https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/colu...ucp-government

  35. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Why would business confidence soar? Where are these new investments coming from? How is there going to be a drop in unemployment?

    The majority of those layoffs occured before NDP came to power... but why let facts get in the way of the good old Conservative hee-haw?
    all that matters are gsas right?? Look at how this ndp vision played out yesterday. The ndp just wanted to preach to albertans instead of listen to concerns they had.

  36. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    I think people will see LGBTQ wont be harmed under a ucp govt and that this was used to divide the vote. It will cost the ndp more votes next election as people see this.

    If the economy and our province is In better shape next election ndp lose most of Edmonton.
    The economy could shift some Edmonton seats to the UCP, but only a left/centrist vote split could turn that into most.

    I suspect NDP could have lost more votes due to the fear-mongering than it earned them - it was preaching to their choir. If the UCP doesn't do something REALLY hard right for the NDP to run against they'll hopefully shut up about it.

    Which should help them.
    There can only be one.

  37. #137
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    I think people will see LGBTQ wont be harmed under a ucp govt and that this was used to divide the vote. It will cost the ndp more votes next election as people see this.

    If the economy and our province is In better shape next election ndp lose most of Edmonton.
    I think you're right. At least I hope you are. Kenney has four years, get moving!
    I wish Trudeau would get punted, he doesn't help matters,trying to buy votes everywhere he goes..
    Animals are my passion.

  38. #138
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    with all those crying over last night I'm not reading much reflection on the campaign that the ndp ran. They lost because they failed to listen to albertans and what mattered in this election. They lost because of their policies or lack there of.I've read 1.88 m people voted out of 2.7 m total possible voters. Highest turnout since the 70s if the one political dude was right.Was the goal of the ndp to only keep Edmonton?
    I think they failed to make a coherent case for what they've done, and in my opinion it was mostly how they communicated. They got into defensive campaign mode early instead of continuing to sell their policies as stable common sense.I don't know how much was the NDP and how much was the media but I suspect a lot of people didn't like being told that they were racist homophobes by association.
    Exactly, just like Trump supporters, or anybody wearing a MAGA hat is vilified in the US. Just because people support UCP or Trump, does not mean they are racists or sewer rats. Nor does it give anybody the right to label them as such.
    Some people are bigots, and they support every party, not just one.
    Animals are my passion.

  39. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    ^lower taxes, less red tape, pro-business government. Today is a happy day for more than 50% of Albertan's, and most of the others will learn in time that it was a happy day for them too.

    But I am betting Albertans will be surprised by how quickly the improvement begins, not because the UCP will hit the ground running with brilliant policies and bold, decisive actions. There will be some of that. But the biggest reason will be a simple change of attitude.Rather, it will be more like Albertans’ moods in spring. After hunkering down in your house all winter, the temperature doesn’t have to go up to summer levels for you to feel better, to go out and do more, to develop a spring in your step.

    It will be like that for a lot of companies in the energy industry (and small businesses that depend on work from big energy companies).

    Most importantly, Justin Trudeau is still prime minister and will still be working actively to undermine Alberta and its economy. International investors are going to remain leery until there is a change of government in Ottawa.

    Still, there will be a lot of companies willing to take more of chance, to drill a new well, hire a new employee, buy a couple of new trucks – just because they feel better about the future.


    https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/colu...ucp-government
    That's mostly nonsense. To the extent there is a grain of truth the effects are 100% psychological - people who feel economically oppressed by the NDP and supported by the UCP are reacting to the party name and colour, not to real policies.

    Best case for the economy is that the UCP backs off on the fighting words, makes up at least a little with the federal liberals and TMX gets approved in months as expected.

    That's the best thing they could do to boost the economy.
    There can only be one.

  40. #140

    Default

    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.

  41. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Rachel Notley did well considering the opposition she was surrounded by. No allies from other NDP governments or federal NDP, a hostile media and special interests, among other things.
    But this would be an indictment of her intent to build bridges federally and interprovincially further to gaining traction on pipelines and furthering Alberta interests. Instead she furthered resistance from BC and failed to get useful support from the Trudeau Liberals. A bordering provincial NDP govt and a Liberal federal party, concurrently, ought to have been helpful to Notley. She did not effectively leverage this. I think she struggles with assertion on that level. She makes threats, backs down, its a case of her being nice person finishes last. She just is not intimidating in any sense. We need somebody with the fire of a Kenney as per his acceptance speech. Somebody that won't be so easily denied.
    Last edited by Replacement; 17-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  42. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people on this forum voted NDP and are just a bunch of poor losers.

    Everything youíre all saying now is identical to the poor loser PC supporters of 2015.

    Fun fact, if Kenny does a terrible job and canít deliver on his promises, in 4 years you can vote him out. Democracy is a beautiful thing, isnít it.
    He can't deliver because so much of what he promised isn't under his control.
    I find this attitude interesting, it is as if government has no impact on the economy, it is all fatalist so we should just vote based on social issues.

    I disagree and per the election results, most Albertans disagree. Business confidence is a real economic phenomenon that drives economic growth far more than government spending does. If the economy improves dramatically now (which I think it will), it won''t be because of oil prices or similar, it will be because entrepreneurs / business executives feel confident and decide to take a chance / invest. That will be in large part because they believe this government has their back with policies that support them (lowering corporate taxes, reducing red tape, fighting more strongly for market access).
    Yes, I agree confidence is a huge player in investing. However far too often our governments are seen are far more impactful that they really are. We are not in a dictatorship.

    As an investor since my teen years, a business and property owner in Alberta and coming from a family with considerable long term business sector involvement in Alberta I can say that government policy is just one of many factors. Government is an easy convenient and over rated target but anyone actually running a business, beyond those that are only marginally surviving, knows that there are far more other factors at play that can wreck their profitability.

  43. #143
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.
    I bet CTV are upset, they loved Notley..gushed over her. I'm still wondering about those advanced polls, that many? I wonder if the majority wanted to get her out as badly as I did..?

    I know she won't, but she should run federally. Especially now she has the understanding about pipelines..which for the first couple of years she didn't. Oh well, come on Jason, show JT etc AB will no longer be pushed around.
    Animals are my passion.

  44. #144

    Default

    I was starting to think the ndp polls were right.... what a sham they've become.

  45. #145
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    I was starting to think the ndp polls were right.... what a sham they've become.
    The main polls were right, a few piddly ones were way, way off. They made it look like Notley was just a little behind the UCP, which was wrong..
    Last edited by H.L.; 17-04-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Animals are my passion.

  46. #146

    Default

    In a rare moment David Staples was right on something. Or close to right. Pre election he picked UCP 60seats NDP 26 AP 1

    He pretty much nailed it but underestimated the swing by two and gave Mandel a crumb.


    This election was done before it started. Kenney basically taking Con/Wild Rose combined support and running with it.

    The pro NDP feelings that they could actually win this time, with a united Con front, were completely delusional.


    Even when I posted last week a poll that indicated the most salient election issue by a large amount was Jobs/Economy there was still ardent denial.

    The NDP lost the next election about as soon as the Farm Bill. I've seldom witnessed a government here shooting themselves in the foot quicker. I could never comprehend how Notley, born in the Spirit River/Fairview rural riding could be so detached from reality to think that this was not going to be anything but a suicidal move. Right or wrong it was guaranteed from this that she had lost Rural Alberta. Keeping in mind as well that the Rural vote reply this election was very indicative with UCP support outweighing NDP votes 10-1 in multiple ridings and never close in any.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  47. #147
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    Yeah, the Farm Bill should certainly have been handled better. In the end though, it would seem that the concerns about it have largely been addressed: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...says-1.4724972

    https://edmontonjournal.com/business...1-5bb0951ad685

    The former chair of the farmer-led organization that advocated for producers following the passage of Bill 6 said he believes the legislation as it stands today is generally good. While there was outrage in farm country in late 2015 when the Notley government first introduced the contentious bill, Albert Kamps — a Lacombe-area dairy farmer and former chair of the AgCoalition lobby group, which is no longer active — said the industry worked hard to convince the government to make changes to the regulations and ultimately landed in a “decent place.”“We got rid of the obviously ridiculous ones, like the requirement to have port-o-potties in every field,” Kamps said. “There’s always room for tweaking and improvement, but I’m hoping we don’t throw away all the good work we’ve done.”
    When the NDP was elected in 2015, Alberta was the only province in which farm and ranch workers were exempt from workplace safety legislation. The passage of Bill 6 brought farms under the umbrella of Occupational Health and Safety for the first time, though agriculture-specific rules that came into effect in December 2018 give farm and ranch employers some wiggle room — such as giving farm workers the ability to use older equipment and recognizing that seatbelt use isn’t possible on all forms of agricultural machinery.

    Kamps said these changes were the result of lobbying by AgCoalition, which at the time represented 97 per cent of producer groups in Alberta. He said the industry ultimately made 140 recommendations to the government and every one was adopted.
    I'm sure Notley will look back on that particular matter and have some regrets in how it was handled. But in the end, I doubt that things would be much different today if the NDP had never introduced Bill 6.

  48. #148

    Default

    if you listened to danielle Smith or jesperson today the issue of bill 6 came up a few times. Other then repealing bill 6 there wasnt much discussion on the campaign trail on agricultural issues. It is still an issue for rural farmers

    The issue certainly made it an easy vote for many farmers.
    Last edited by gwill211; 17-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.

  49. #149

    Default

    ^^Yep. They lose Rural Alberta in this election either way with a United Conservative party but they may have been able to hold onto a few rural seats. The move kind of ensured that they would lose all the rural ridings. It was a Bellwether moment though in anycase that really caused me to question this government. Nobody outside the government would have recommended this as a strategy.

    It should have been consulting in the first place. No reason to do a top down bill like that without enough feedback prior. It was rushed in, I suspect from over enthusiasm of an inexperienced government. That Notley was so wrong on this though was troublesome coming from a rural riding. Disappointing she didn't have more of a finger on the rural pulse. Ironic it was her undoing as her father Grant would have handled this much better. Never got the chance.
    Last edited by Replacement; 17-04-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  50. #150
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sherwood park
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Her father handling the situation much better is just pure speculation.

  51. #151
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    12,384

    Default

    I voted for a losing candidate in a party that didn't win a single seat. The sun still rose this morning, just is it rose every day for the last 4 years for those who didn't vote NDP four years ago and it will rise every day for the next 4 years for those that didn't vote UCP this time. We need to remember that those who voted either way in both elections are our friends and family and neighbors and collectively we have once again chosen who to represent us.

    That's the greatest gift of democracy even if that sometimes has us making wrong choices either individually or collectively. But we should always be making those choices "for" something, not because we think those who support the other brand somehow have horns and tails and cloven feet. We need to stop demonizing each other whenever we happen to disagree. The pendulum has swung - as pendulums are so oft to do - but we have a new premier who is committed to the province we all love and who has a demanding an important role going forward. We also have a new leader of the opposition who is just as committed to our province and who has more support than is often the case to fulfill an equally demanding and important role. We have a government that is formed by both roles and relies on both of those roles being effectively delivered together. That should be a challenge and a joy, not a struggle, regardless of who your voted for.

    To finish, I would also like to express my thanks and appreciation for all of the candidates in all of the parties who ran and lost. It is too easy to forget that our democracy doesn't run based on who ran and won. It's very existence depends on those who are prepared to run and not win because they are the ones who give us a choice.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  52. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    I voted for a losing candidate in a party that didn't win a single seat. The sun still rose this morning, just is it rose every day for the last 4 years for those who didn't vote NDP four years ago and it will rise every day for the next 4 years for those that didn't vote UCP this time. We need to remember that those who voted either way in both elections are our friends and family and neighbors and collectively we have once again chosen who to represent us.

    That's the greatest gift of democracy even if that sometimes has us making wrong choices either individually or collectively. But we should always be making those choices "for" something, not because we think those who support the other brand somehow have horns and tails and cloven feet. We need to stop demonizing each other whenever we happen to disagree. The pendulum has swung - as pendulums are so oft to do - but we have a new premier who is committed to the province we all love and who has a demanding an important role going forward. We also have a new leader of the opposition who is just as committed to our province and who has more support than is often the case to fulfill an equally demanding and important role. We have a government that is formed by both roles and relies on both of those roles being effectively delivered together. That should be a challenge and a joy, not a struggle, regardless of who your voted for.

    To finish, I would also like to express my thanks and appreciation for all of the candidates in all of the parties who ran and lost. It is too easy to forget that our democracy doesn't run based on who ran and won. It's very existence depends on those who are prepared to run and not win because they are the ones who give us a choice.
    Well said.

  53. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    Regarding the pipeline conversation.

    Every industry feeler I've talked to expects news on TMX end of May to end of June. All signs are that public consultation in BC has been productive and that it'll get approved. Keystone XL has to pass through some regulatory hurdles and should be a go this time next year. The future if bright for the pipeline industry, but don't like any particular politician in power take credit for it considering they had no jurisdiction over the matters.
    The Feds may well rescind their approval if Kenney removes the carbon tax and oil sands emissions cap. This was well reported on last week. So don't be so sure that it's a fait accompli now. Trudeau may well decide that since he's now in a dog fight for the Federal election in the fall that the handful of possible seats in Alberta are not worth it electorally.

    I'm not saying that's my opinion or belief, but that's the political reality. Ironically, Kenney's "screw everyone" approach may well end up screwing Alberta. In any case, it'll be interesting to see this all play out with the Federal election in the fall as well. This time next year I suspect that regardless of what happened in the provincial election and regardless of what happens in the federal one and regardless of what happens with carbon taxes, Alberta's economy is still going to be stuck in the new normal and there will be no large flood of investment in to the oil sands. Those days are done, in all likelihood. I wonder if and when reality will set in for the true believers.
    The best thing for Trudeau is he doesn't have to do anything, except sit on the approvals for the pipeline unless Kenney caves on the emissions cap and if not Trudeau can even say publicly that is the holdup. Approval before was granted partly on the basis of the emissions cap.

    Kenney might then start raving and perhaps threatening to cut off oil to BC, but there will probably be a lot of close races there between the Federal Liberals and the Conservatives. It may play well in Alberta, but if Kenney does that, Scheer will have to choose between supporting Kenney or losing votes in BC. Trudeau would also probably enjoy hoisting Kenney on his own petard given the various dismissive things Kenney has said before about him. Plus I think there are two important court cases the Conservatives might lose - one on the carbon tax and the second on the constitutionality of the Alberta legislation to restrict oil shipments to BC. Its great to be willing to fight, but you better have a strong hand and not be bluffing.

  54. #154
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds, supposing that the Liberals win the fall election. Few, if any legal experts feel otherwise. If the Conservatives come to power in October, then obviously, that's a whole new ball game.

  55. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    I voted for a losing candidate in a party that didn't win a single seat. The sun still rose this morning, just is it rose every day for the last 4 years for those who didn't vote NDP four years ago and it will rise every day for the next 4 years for those that didn't vote UCP this time. We need to remember that those who voted either way in both elections are our friends and family and neighbors and collectively we have once again chosen who to represent us.

    That's the greatest gift of democracy even if that sometimes has us making wrong choices either individually or collectively. But we should always be making those choices "for" something, not because we think those who support the other brand somehow have horns and tails and cloven feet. We need to stop demonizing each other whenever we happen to disagree. The pendulum has swung - as pendulums are so oft to do - but we have a new premier who is committed to the province we all love and who has a demanding an important role going forward. We also have a new leader of the opposition who is just as committed to our province and who has more support than is often the case to fulfill an equally demanding and important role. We have a government that is formed by both roles and relies on both of those roles being effectively delivered together. That should be a challenge and a joy, not a struggle, regardless of who your voted for.

    To finish, I would also like to express my thanks and appreciation for all of the candidates in all of the parties who ran and lost. It is too easy to forget that our democracy doesn't run based on who ran and won. It's very existence depends on those who are prepared to run and not win because they are the ones who give us a choice.
    Yes, the good thing about democracy is if they don't deliver or turn out to be crooks (ie. ongoing RCMP investigations) then in four years the voters can kick them out too. In the meantime I suppose society gets the government they choose or deserve.

    Its too bad the Alberta Party did not get any seats, they were totally squeezed in the battle between the two bigger parties. In the past, parties with a similar percentage of the vote got several seats. I guess no guarantees or sure things in politics, unless you are a conservative in rural Alberta or something like that.

  56. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    I expect them to have the pipelines under construction through BC within 30 days. Same for Keystone XL that's tied up in the states. Come on Kenney. All you have to do is shake your fist and cut off the taps. That's how you get things done.
    Because sucking up to the Justin Trudeau train worked so well for Rachel.

  57. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds, supposing that the Liberals win the fall election. Few, if any legal experts feel otherwise. If the Conservatives come to power in October, then obviously, that's a whole new ball game.

    I think he's counting on Trudeau setting his own party on fire and burning it to a crust. And so, far, he's doing a fine job of it. Not a far fetched bet.

  58. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    I voted for a losing candidate in a party that didn't win a single seat. The sun still rose this morning, just is it rose every day for the last 4 years for those who didn't vote NDP four years ago and it will rise every day for the next 4 years for those that didn't vote UCP this time. We need to remember that those who voted either way in both elections are our friends and family and neighbors and collectively we have once again chosen who to represent us.

    That's the greatest gift of democracy even if that sometimes has us making wrong choices either individually or collectively. But we should always be making those choices "for" something, not because we think those who support the other brand somehow have horns and tails and cloven feet. We need to stop demonizing each other whenever we happen to disagree. The pendulum has swung - as pendulums are so oft to do - but we have a new premier who is committed to the province we all love and who has a demanding an important role going forward. We also have a new leader of the opposition who is just as committed to our province and who has more support than is often the case to fulfill an equally demanding and important role. We have a government that is formed by both roles and relies on both of those roles being effectively delivered together. That should be a challenge and a joy, not a struggle, regardless of who your voted for.

    To finish, I would also like to express my thanks and appreciation for all of the candidates in all of the parties who ran and lost. It is too easy to forget that our democracy doesn't run based on who ran and won. It's very existence depends on those who are prepared to run and not win because they are the ones who give us a choice.
    The Communist party usually doesn't perform well in these parts.

    But excellent post, thanks.

  59. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds, supposing that the Liberals win the fall election. Few, if any legal experts feel otherwise. If the Conservatives come to power in October, then obviously, that's a whole new ball game.

    Is that what your sticking with after the election? Theres no reason the ndp did so poorly in this election. Had they not ignored the vast majority of Alberta on what was important then they'd have kept a lot more seats.

    Kenney will stand up for Alberta. That's what Alberta wants and it resonated with voters. Oddly enough notley said near the end of the election that standing up for Alberta was a waste of time.

    IMO with all that's gone on in this election I'd take the ucp majority as an epic failure on the NDP's part.

    You dont end up with the highest voter turn our in Alberta history by accident.

  60. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.
    The PC's were punted 4 years ago for arrogance. The NDP were fired last night for incompetence.

  61. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds.
    But us Albertan's will win from those battles, even if you think he loses on them. Take the carbon tax, right now, the Federal Carbon tax is $20 versus $30 for the provincial one. So right off the bat, even if Trudeau wins later this year, we save $10, and to boot, the rebates are bigger than under the NDP's brutal provincial scheme. Realistically though, there is a very high probability Scheer will win later this year, in which case, we win even more.

  62. #162

    Default

    The Alberta party to which I voted for did manage to get a solid third place of the popular vote in spite of not winning any seat. The freedom conservative party and the Liberals etc. are finished.

    You win some, you loose some, it was my turn to loose I guess.

    The southwest Edmonton riding voted conservative, I wonder if Kaycee Madu will get a cabinet portfolio?
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  63. #163

    Default

    it's interesting how people want to knock kenneys ideas and everything the ucp stands for but they took 55% of the vote in an election that had the highest voter turn out in history.

    Let's repeat this. The highest voter turn out in history.

  64. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    The southwest Edmonton riding voted conservative, I wonder if Kaycee Madu will get a cabinet portfolio?
    Has a really good shot at it, its very likely that at least one of the few Edmonton ridings that voted UCP will get a cabinet minister, maybe all of them.

  65. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    it's interesting how people want to knock kenneys ideas and everything the ucp stands for but they took 55% of the vote in an election that had the highest voter turn out in history.

    Let's repeat this. The highest voter turn out in history.
    But, but, I kept reading how Alberta is supposedly not a conservative province anymore because of the growth in urban areas from migration from other provinces ... so much for that stupid theory, people come to Alberta to personally get ahead for their families, not to watch NDP elites tax and spend.

  66. #166
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    it's interesting how people want to knock kenneys ideas and everything the ucp stands for but they took 55% of the vote in an election that had the highest voter turn out in history.

    Let's repeat this. The highest voter turn out in history.
    But, but, I kept reading how Alberta is supposedly not a conservative province anymore because of the growth in urban areas from migration from other provinces ... so much for that stupid theory, people come to Alberta to personally get ahead for their families, not to watch NDP elites tax and spend.

    Exactly! I feel so much better with Kenney in charge, it just feels right.
    Animals are my passion.

  67. #167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    it's interesting how people want to knock kenneys ideas and everything the ucp stands for but they took 55% of the vote in an election that had the highest voter turn out in history.

    Let's repeat this. The highest voter turn out in history.
    But, but, I kept reading how Alberta is supposedly not a conservative province anymore because of the growth in urban areas from migration from other provinces ... so much for that stupid theory, people come to Alberta to personally get ahead for their families, not to watch NDP elites tax and spend.
    Well I suppose it depends on what you mean when you say conservative, as it can mean different things to different people. I think the people who say Alberta is not so conservative often mean it is not as socially conservative as it used to be. This is part of the reason the PC's and Wildrose split. The PC's started to see being socially conservative as more of a political liability than an asset, particularly in urban areas. I think Albertans are still somewhat fiscally conservative, perhaps even more so in economically challenging times. Although, I would argue Kenney did not really sell himself as a fiscal conservative either in this election. For instance, he didn't promise big cuts to spending or big personal tax cuts (yes, he promised to lower corporate tax rates, but not individual ones). His fiscal platform was basically NDP lite - we'll restrain spending a little bit more and balance the budget one year earlier.

    However, I think the vote was mostly driven by economic discontent so it wasn't really a strong endorsement of either fiscal or social conservatism. I think Albertans will eventually come to realize that while Kenney may be a social conservative, he is not so much a fiscal conservative. I think some voters (particularly urban ones) were voting for someone who would be a bit more fiscally conservative and avoid social conservatism. It will be interesting when the voters see how Kenney governs, if it does not match what they were expecting. If the next budget after this year still has a big deficit, the fiscal conservatives will be unhappy.

  68. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.
    The PC's were punted 4 years ago for arrogance. The NDP were fired last night for incompetence.
    Maybe so but I saw the PCs as incompetent. Essentially a ten year boom and then when the inevitable happened Alberta was totally unprepared.

    Oh, and there’s that matter of allowing so much oil sands development that we created a surplus that drove oil oil down to give away prices, while attracting so much more population than our infrastructure could handle.

  69. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds.
    But us Albertan's will win from those battles, even if you think he loses on them. Take the carbon tax, right now, the Federal Carbon tax is $20 versus $30 for the provincial one. So right off the bat, even if Trudeau wins later this year, we save $10, and to boot, the rebates are bigger than under the NDP's brutal provincial scheme. Realistically though, there is a very high probability Scheer will win later this year, in which case, we win even more.
    Will Scheer force the Americans to buy more of our oil even though they have plenty of their own right now? Will Scheer be able to stop environmental protesters in BC? How will he do that? Will he force the courts to stop hearing challenges from them?

    If anything Harper's heavy handed ways radicalized environmental protesters more and his government didn't succeed in getting any pipelines built to the coast in BC. What are the Federal Conservatives offering now that is new, different or better? They have been against carbon taxes since at least 2007 and haven't yet come up with anything better in its place. Alberta has to have a stronger carbon tax regime than Ottawa to offset growing emissions from the energy industry. Other provinces with an abundance of hydro and a less energy intensive economy can become greener easier.

  70. #170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.
    The PC's were punted 4 years ago for arrogance. The NDP were fired last night for incompetence.
    Maybe so but I saw the PCs as incompetent. Essentially a ten year boom and then when the inevitable happened Alberta was totally unprepared.

    Oh, and thereís that matter of allowing so much oil sands development that we created a surplus that drove oil oil down to give away prices, while attracting so much more population than our infrastructure could handle.
    I think the PC's often hastily cut expenses when the economy was doing poorly and then when it was doing better spent more to fix the problems caused by that. I would argue that was not economic competence, but it seemed to work for them politically at least in the short term. Eventually though Albertans got tired or riding that roller coaster. Interestingly, you will note that Kenney really downplayed spending cuts in his election platform. Maybe the UCP actually did learn something from the PC's approach to fiscal management. Hopefully they will not repeat their mistakes.

  71. #171
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Kaycee Madu is ahead, I'd love for him to win.

    Animals are my passion.

  72. #172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    And that's ultimately the problem with much of what Kenney promised: most of it was bluffing, and he has a terrible hand. At least in terms of the carbon tax, equalization, and restricting oil shipments. He'll lose all of those battles with the Feds, supposing that the Liberals win the fall election. Few, if any legal experts feel otherwise. If the Conservatives come to power in October, then obviously, that's a whole new ball game.

    Is that what your sticking with after the election? Theres no reason the ndp did so poorly in this election. Had they not ignored the vast majority of Alberta on what was important then they'd have kept a lot more seats.

    Kenney will stand up for Alberta. That's what Alberta wants and it resonated with voters. Oddly enough notley said near the end of the election that standing up for Alberta was a waste of time.

    IMO with all that's gone on in this election I'd take the ucp majority as an epic failure on the NDP's part.

    You dont end up with the highest voter turn our in Alberta history by accident.
    Well the NDP kept around half their seats and their vote % only declined slightly in Calgary from the 2015 level - far from a terrible performance or being decimated considering the economically challenging times. If you want to see decimated, look at the Ontario Liberals losing official party status in their recent election, the New Brunswick PC's losing ALL their seats to the Liberals (in the late I980's I think) or the Federal PC's losing all but 2 of their seats in the 1993 Federal election. Those are epic failures, our election was just people not feeling so good about the economy.

  73. #173

    Default

    Hey so is Kenney retaining/restarting the coal plants?

  74. #174
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,043
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Unbiased...that is probably the biggest red herring of the past 4 years.

    The majority of coal plants were going to be naturally sunsetted by 2040. Many sooner. They are close to end of life, especially with pressure vessels, boilers, and other assets. I was involved in a large scale corporate transition project were all fuel types were under investigation, and while coal was in the mix, not one person had coal as a primary node for new builds. Gas was #1, Nuke was #2, renewables as augmenting/peaker plants was #3, coal was seen as unneeded. This started in 2010.

    Out my way, there are only 2 units that could be longer, but even they are the last of as far as I know, and I had this discussion as recently as 2 weeks ago as I am being solicited to consult on a reclamation project.

    People in the industry have known this for years now. Even when Genesee 1/2 came online, they were considered dinosaurs.

    You'll see generators move more towards gas/nuke. Renewables will augment. The most Kenney would do (IMO), is allow the coal units to sunset when the asset lifecycle is truly complete, which would realign the build schedules to fit the original plan set forth over a decade ago.
    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow. Soon to rebrand to something global.

  75. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Hey so is Kenney retaining/restarting the coal plants?
    Yes. New government develops coal burning 200 watt incandescent light bulbs with a reported 1.2% efficiency rating.

    Jason Kenneeie had a busy day today

    8:00 am Turned off the taps to B.C.
    8:12 am B.C. immediately retaliates by holding 4,000 Albertans who own winter homes in Kelowna, hostage.
    9:00 am Restarted 5 coal plants and shipping coal for new Toronto TTC steam powered streetcar ordered by Ontario's Doug Ford
    9:22 am Jason orders chopping down of windmills. Thousands of nesting birds killed
    9:45 am Jason has a coffee break, he likes it black and crude
    10:00 am Began deep horizontal drilling, 1,360 km from Fort Mac to Tofino on the B.C. coast and installing oil tanker dock made from old well pipe.
    10:47am B.C. Indigenous groups outraged that they cannot get royalties for using their land
    11:00 am Ordered 4,000 D-11 Caterpillar Bulldozers to eastern border
    11:30 am Bulldozers begin pushing Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northern Ontario into Hudson's Bay to save travel time when meeting his buddy Doug Ford
    12:00 pm Jason orders lunch. A giant steak cut from prime Alberta NDP unemployed backbenchers.
    1:00 pm The new Premier uses the notwithstanding clause to send 12,000 Yellow Jacket Troops to overthrow the Quebec Government
    1:33 pm Jason Kenneeie declares Dave Tregget, founding member of Quebec's chapter of Soldiers of Odin and Storm Alliance as Viceroy of the Quebec colony
    1:34 pm Dave Tregget closes Quebec's borders to all immigration
    2:00 pm Provincial decree that the Legislature will be moved to a new building in Calgary
    2:05 pm PCL demolition crews implode Edmonton's Legislature building before NDP staff could vacate the building
    3:00 pm The new Alberta Premier announces that he invited President Donald Trump to attend Jason's inauguration ceremony
    3:14 pm The Kremlin accepts the invitation and states that Trump will attend the inauguration ceremony as Putin's service dog.
    4:00 pm The Premier orders Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nations to increase the world oil price by $15.00 a barrel effective immediately
    4:22 pm Jason orders all imports of olive oil to be suspended. Restaurants ordered to use synthetic olive oil derived from bitumen
    4:23 pm The new government orders the confiscation of all electric cars in Alberta and its colony of Quebec. Cars to be sold as scrap.
    4:24 pm Only available replacement vehicles are government issued Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4's with crew cabs, 8 ft box and hitch mounted bull balls
    4:29 pm Tow trucks are ordered to attach towing chains to rooftop solar panels across the province and winch them off the roofs

    more to follow
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 17-04-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  76. #176

  77. #177
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    11,266

    Default

    Any results from the Advance Polls (vote anywhere)?
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  78. #178
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    423

    Default

    ^^^
    Classic....

    5:00. Has a few 'stouts' brewed from 'Ole Alberta Crude'
    Last edited by rupikhalon001; 17-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.

  79. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    still waiting for the hard core ndp supporters around here to discuss what they think went wrong with notley. Most around here found zero fault in the ndp over the last 4 years and defended every decision no matter how stupid or controversial they were.

    Are they capable of reflecting on the mistakes she made?? Guessing not.
    The PC's were punted 4 years ago for arrogance. The NDP were fired last night for incompetence.
    Maybe so but I saw the PCs as incompetent. Essentially a ten year boom and then when the inevitable happened Alberta was totally unprepared.

    Oh, and thereís that matter of allowing so much oil sands development that we created a surplus that drove oil oil down to give away prices, while attracting so much more population than our infrastructure could handle.
    I think the PC's often hastily cut expenses when the economy was doing poorly and then when it was doing better spent more to fix the problems caused by that. I would argue that was not economic competence, but it seemed to work for them politically at least in the short term. Eventually though Albertans got tired or riding that roller coaster. Interestingly, you will note that Kenney really downplayed spending cuts in his election platform. Maybe the UCP actually did learn something from the PC's approach to fiscal management. Hopefully they will not repeat their mistakes.
    I seem to recall a Notley acceptance speech that the NDP were finally going to break Alberta away from its dependence on royalties.

  80. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Hey so is Kenney retaining/restarting the coal plants?
    Yes. New government develops coal burning 200 watt incandescent light bulbs with a reported 1.2% efficiency rating.

    Jason Kenneeie had a busy day today

    8:00 am Turned off the taps to B.C.
    8:12 am B.C. immediately retaliates by holding 4,000 Albertans who own winter homes in Kelowna, hostage.
    9:00 am Restarted 5 coal plants and shipping coal for new Toronto TTC steam powered streetcar ordered by Ontario's Doug Ford
    9:22 am Jason orders chopping down of windmills. Thousands of nesting birds killed
    9:45 am Jason has a coffee break, he likes it black and crude
    10:00 am Began deep horizontal drilling, 1,360 km from Fort Mac to Tofino on the B.C. coast and installing oil tanker dock made from old well pipe.
    10:47am B.C. Indigenous groups outraged that they cannot get royalties for using their land
    11:00 am Ordered 4,000 D-11 Caterpillar Bulldozers to eastern border
    11:30 am Bulldozers begin pushing Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northern Ontario into Hudson's Bay to save travel time when meeting his buddy Doug Ford
    12:00 pm Jason orders lunch. A giant steak cut from prime Alberta NDP unemployed backbenchers.
    1:00 pm The new Premier uses the notwithstanding clause to send 12,000 Yellow Jacket Troops to overthrow the Quebec Government
    1:33 pm Jason Kenneeie declares Dave Tregget, founding member of Quebec's chapter of Soldiers of Odin and Storm Alliance as Viceroy of the Quebec colony
    1:34 pm Dave Tregget closes Quebec's borders to all immigration
    2:00 pm Provincial decree that the Legislature will be moved to a new building in Calgary
    2:05 pm PCL demolition crews implode Edmonton's Legislature building before NDP staff could vacate the building
    3:00 pm The new Alberta Premier announces that he invited President Donald Trump to attend Jason's inauguration ceremony
    3:14 pm The Kremlin accepts the invitation and states that Trump will attend the inauguration ceremony as Putin's service dog.
    4:00 pm The Premier orders Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nations to increase the world oil price by $15.00 a barrel effective immediately
    4:22 pm Jason orders all imports of olive oil to be suspended. Restaurants ordered to use synthetic olive oil derived from bitumen
    4:23 pm The new government orders the confiscation of all electric cars in Alberta and its colony of Quebec. Cars to be sold as scrap.
    4:24 pm Only available replacement vehicles are government issued Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4's with crew cabs, 8 ft box and hitch mounted bull balls
    4:29 pm Tow trucks are ordered to attach towing chains to rooftop solar panels across the province and winch them off the roofs

    more to follow
    Hilarious!!!


    I’d like it it Ontario was ordered to shift all their gas, diesel and electric vehicle production to Alberta.

    Alberta would immediately stop production of those evil gas and diesel burners that Ontario has so far refused to stop making, and instead Alberta would produce those overwhelmingly popular electric vehicles* - using a 100% subsidy provided by the national carbon tax.

    I’m sure with their distaste of Alberta crude, half of Ontario and Quebec must already be driving electrics.
    Last edited by KC; 17-04-2019 at 08:55 PM.

  81. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Not surprised all the cheer leaders for the ndp are short on words around here all of a sudden
    Not surprised all the supporters of the Soldiers of Odin are celebrating. And cheering the fact that kids are either going to be outed by the government or forced to stay in the closet. And cheering the fact that running a fake campaign in order win the party leadership shows what real leadership is about.

    Enjoy.
    On behalf of most users of this board I take these comments as a smear job driveby defamation. How dare you?
    You misunderstand. It's not a driveby. I stopped in front of your house and announced it with a bullhorn, balloons and fireworks.

  82. #182
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    The one cabinet possibility for Etown lol
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  83. #183
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton (now), Vancouver (native)
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Not surprised all the cheer leaders for the ndp are short on words around here all of a sudden
    Not surprised all the supporters of the Soldiers of Odin are celebrating. And cheering the fact that kids are either going to be outed by the government or forced to stay in the closet. And cheering the fact that running a fake campaign in order win the party leadership shows what real leadership is about.

    Enjoy.
    On behalf of most users of this board I take these comments as a smear job driveby defamation. How dare you?
    You misunderstand. It's not a driveby. I stopped in front of your house and announced it with a bullhorn, balloons and fireworks.
    Spoken like a true left wing nutjob.

    It sure is fun reading all the whining. I guess insults and character assassinations is all you have left considering your platform was completely trashed in the results. Just how bad does your platform have to be to be wiped off the map by alleged bigots, racists, etc.?

    I remember reading this board after the 2015 election. A lot of you current whiners were lauding Albertans saying they were really moderate people and were more socially progressive than stereotyped. Well, the same people are here 4 years later, and just told the governing party to take a hike. The same progressive people. 70% of them showed up. So, again, just how badly did the incumbents screw this up where the evil right is the better option?

    Rachel was well liked. Her team wasn't. Deal.

    Instead of being a jerk kkozoriz and insulting everyone, go home, lick your wounds, and live to fight another election.
    Go Canucks Go!

  84. #184
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton (now), Vancouver (native)
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Hey so is Kenney retaining/restarting the coal plants?
    Yes. New government develops coal burning 200 watt incandescent light bulbs with a reported 1.2% efficiency rating.

    Jason Kenneeie had a busy day today

    8:00 am Turned off the taps to B.C.
    8:12 am B.C. immediately retaliates by holding 4,000 Albertans who own winter homes in Kelowna, hostage.
    9:00 am Restarted 5 coal plants and shipping coal for new Toronto TTC steam powered streetcar ordered by Ontario's Doug Ford
    9:22 am Jason orders chopping down of windmills. Thousands of nesting birds killed
    9:45 am Jason has a coffee break, he likes it black and crude
    10:00 am Began deep horizontal drilling, 1,360 km from Fort Mac to Tofino on the B.C. coast and installing oil tanker dock made from old well pipe.
    10:47am B.C. Indigenous groups outraged that they cannot get royalties for using their land
    11:00 am Ordered 4,000 D-11 Caterpillar Bulldozers to eastern border
    11:30 am Bulldozers begin pushing Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northern Ontario into Hudson's Bay to save travel time when meeting his buddy Doug Ford
    12:00 pm Jason orders lunch. A giant steak cut from prime Alberta NDP unemployed backbenchers.
    1:00 pm The new Premier uses the notwithstanding clause to send 12,000 Yellow Jacket Troops to overthrow the Quebec Government
    1:33 pm Jason Kenneeie declares Dave Tregget, founding member of Quebec's chapter of Soldiers of Odin and Storm Alliance as Viceroy of the Quebec colony
    1:34 pm Dave Tregget closes Quebec's borders to all immigration
    2:00 pm Provincial decree that the Legislature will be moved to a new building in Calgary
    2:05 pm PCL demolition crews implode Edmonton's Legislature building before NDP staff could vacate the building
    3:00 pm The new Alberta Premier announces that he invited President Donald Trump to attend Jason's inauguration ceremony
    3:14 pm The Kremlin accepts the invitation and states that Trump will attend the inauguration ceremony as Putin's service dog.
    4:00 pm The Premier orders Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nations to increase the world oil price by $15.00 a barrel effective immediately
    4:22 pm Jason orders all imports of olive oil to be suspended. Restaurants ordered to use synthetic olive oil derived from bitumen
    4:23 pm The new government orders the confiscation of all electric cars in Alberta and its colony of Quebec. Cars to be sold as scrap.
    4:24 pm Only available replacement vehicles are government issued Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4's with crew cabs, 8 ft box and hitch mounted bull balls
    4:29 pm Tow trucks are ordered to attach towing chains to rooftop solar panels across the province and winch them off the roofs

    more to follow
    Hilarious!!!


    Iíd like it it Ontario was ordered to shift all their gas, diesel and electric vehicle production to Alberta.

    Alberta would immediately stop production of those evil gas and diesel burners that Ontario has so far refused to stop making, and instead Alberta would produce those overwhelmingly popular electric vehicles* - using a 100% subsidy provided by the national carbon tax.

    Iím sure with their distaste of Alberta crude, half of Ontario and Quebec must already be driving electrics.
    He's a good person to ask KC. I recall someone saying he moved to Quebec some time ago. He could tell you if the hypocrites are driving electrics and not needing any foreign or Alberta crude.

    Edmonton PRT. Relax. You seem overly stressed. It's just an election and one you didn't vote in. Take 2 Ativan under the tongue. A generic Lorazepam will work.
    Go Canucks Go!

  85. #185
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    7,807

    Default

    Ya heís a montrealer always sticking his nose in our business.

  86. #186

    Default

    Born and raised in Edmonton. Lived most of my life in Edmonton. Don't speak a word of French

    Is there a residency requirement on the C2E forum rules???

    Nope, could not find any.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  87. #187
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Ya heís a montrealer always sticking his nose in our business.
    A know it all, infatuated with Trump.

    Edmonton PRT. Relax. You seem overly stressed. It's just an election and one you didn't vote in. Take 2 Ativan under the tongue. A generic Lorazepam will work.
    LOL..and don't call us in the morning! ...
    Animals are my passion.

  88. #188

    Default

    I thought you said goodbye to this forum. You are obviously not a person whose word means something. Or even word(s) mean something...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  89. #189

    Default

    I love how all those notley haters are ganging up and crying foul when someone pokes fun at their dear leader Cheeseburger Kenney. It's only cool to bash dippers and liberals. Thou shalt not poke fun at Kenney or the Used Car Party as I did to Notley/NDP/Trudope/Liberals

  90. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I thought you said goodbye to this forum. You are obviously not a person whose word means something. Or even word(s) mean something...
    HelloLady says a lot of stuff that just isn't true, this included. It's all smoke and mirrors, and screw you I got mine from that one.

  91. #191
    Forum Administrator *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    (…)

    Is there a residency requirement on the C2E forum rules???

    Nope, could not find any.
    To be clear. There are no residency requirements on C2E.
    Ow

  92. #192
    Forum Administrator *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I thought you said goodbye to this forum. You are obviously not a person whose word means something. Or even word(s) mean something...
    HelloLady says a lot of stuff that just isn't true, this included. It's all smoke and mirrors, and screw you I got mine from that one.
    To be fair, a lot of users here on C2E have broken their crayons and stomped off vowing to never return, only to return. I would actually say very few users of C2E have not done so. Also, there are a lot of users who infuse personal opinion, bias, and bravado and guise it as fact or truth. We are all guilty of that one at some point or another in our lives.
    Ow

  93. #193

    Default

    Frig Off Admin

  94. #194
    Forum Administrator *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Dear kind sir,

    That will cost you a nice bottle of rum or whiskey. 26 oz sealed bottle of Zaya please. To be fair, you could combine it with a sealed bottle 40 Creek. I feel that would be the minimum compensation for putting up with your, er, sheet.

    EDIT

    I am closing this thread as the election is over. It is time to revert back to critiquing specific deliverables and actions by the new Government.
    Ow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •