Results 1 to 47 of 47

Thread: 2019 Provincial Election - Candidate Resignations

  1. #1
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,701

    Default 2019 Provincial Election - Candidate Resignations

    Another UCP candidate resigns after racist, homophobic and transphobic social media posts exposed: https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...lgary-drop-out


    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  2. #2

    Default

    And her replacement preached that women should be subservient to their husbands
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

  3. #3
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    ^Read the article, this isn't Calyan Ford! This is Eva Kiryakos, who is running in a different riding. She just dropped out last night and the UCP has yet to appoint a replacement. So if you're counting, that's the second UCP resignation of the campaign so far.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  4. #4

    Default

    O wow some classy ideas there! Why can’t the UPC find normal people.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

  5. #5
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    When the UCP nominates candidates, they're not sending their best...

    Someone outside of our party has been threatening to smear me, and I have had enough of the bullies and the threats,” Eva Kiryakos, who had been running as the UCP candidate in the riding up until Sunday night, said in a statement.In a video posted to her Facebook page, Kiryakos shares posts in which she discusses such topics as “Germany’s migrant rape crisis” and the Alberta Teachers Association guidelines around transgender people using school washrooms.

    Leaked Twitter posts provided to Postmedia show Kiryakos posting about a “Christian genocide” and the “forced breeding” of Muslims.

    “Muslim forces continue to use murder, rape, kidnapping, terror and forced breeding in pursuit of Christian Genocide in the Middle East while the world turns a blind eye,” the post reads.

    In another post, Kiryakos responds to a Twitter user talking about about gay-straight alliances in schools, saying “you’re not interested in protecting children with GSAs, you’re interested in converting them.”

    Those tweets have since been deleted.

    “The possibility of a grown man sharing a washroom, to me, is a perversion,” she said in her video. “I used the words ‘alternative lifestyle’ because the people I engaged with on Twitter were using those words, so I repeated them back. I voiced my honest opinion and, yes, I asked if the NDP had an agenda.”
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  6. #6
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Eva Kiryakos wrote:

    “Muslim forces continue to use murder, rape, kidnapping, terror and forced breeding in pursuit of Christian Genocide in the Middle East while the world turns a blind eye,” the post reads. END QUOTE

    That's all pretty much true, especially if Kiryakos is thinking of her parents' homeland of Iraq. The persecution and expulsion of the Christian communites there can with only slight exaggeration be described as a genocide.

    That said, it was the ousting of the baathists by the "coaltion of the willing" that really put into play the Muslim fanatics who launched the attacks on Christians. An invasion that I'm pretty sure Harper, Kenney etc had no problem with back when they were in opposition.

  7. #7
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    And this...

    "I admit the images on the article were not positive."

    Uh, yeah. "RAPEFUGEES NOT WELCOME."

    Hard to spin that one as all roses and sunshine.

  8. #8

    Default

    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 25-03-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?

  10. #10
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    13,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?
    i guess timing is everything...

    did the candidate change his/her mind and modify his/her opinion and actions and apologize a long time ago?

    or just before seeking a nomination?

    or as part of the nomination process?

    or after being nominated?

    or not until those “previously held” opinions became public through other sources?

    if the first, most of us have changed previously held beliefs or language or behaviour and should be credited and not chastised for it, particularly when there was nothing personal to be gained except maturity.

    the closer to the last, particularly when there is current potential for personal gain, my tendency is to drastically increase the number of grains of salt to be taken with it before it is believed.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?
    You mean like the Grifter and his anti-gay campaign in San Francisco? Zebras of that ilk don't change their stripes....

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?
    The point is that she never even tried to so we can only assume that she strongly holds on to those beliefs.

    If she did say she was wrong, it is in the quality of the apology and her actions to make reparations would determine if she genuinely changed her views. I think most people hope for redemption and forgiveness as a noble act to those who are honest and deserve such grace.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?
    You mean like the Grifter and his anti-gay campaign in San Francisco? Zebras of that ilk don't change their stripes....
    or this one from his days as an MP. "I'm not discriminating against gay people. They just have to marry the other gender."


  14. #14

    Default

    Primitive beliefs that everyone has evolved beyond, right?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Not really a threat to expose a candidate for some secret but demanding that she is held accountable for the things she published under her own name onto the public internet.

    There is a difference between blackmail or a smear campaign and the fact that Eva Kiryakos maintained an abhorrent attitude.

    She was not bullied or threatened, she herself was a bully and a threat. She posted hatred when it was brought up, she realized that she could not defend her obviously revolting beliefs and had to quit. She got what she deserved.
    Now, what if she’d said she was wrong. Had changed her mind or modified her position based on facts and apologized for her past remarks.

    What would be the appropriate course of action?
    The point is that she never even tried to so we can only assume that she strongly holds on to those beliefs.

    If she did say she was wrong, it is in the quality of the apology and her actions to make reparations would determine if she genuinely changed her views. I think most people hope for redemption and forgiveness as a noble act to those who are honest and deserve such grace.
    She's calling it a smear for exposing her posts which she is so proud of, she's now deleted them.

  16. #16
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Primitive beliefs that everyone has evolved beyond, right?
    Well we'd hope, but has he come out and renounced his beliefs? I haven't heard of him doing much more than saying he supports gay people now, which is not enough to be close to convincing. His actions speak much louder than words, and a heartfelt appology would still be needed. As of now, he seems to be good with pretending the issue never existed, and not acknowledging his past in any way.

    If he has apologized, I must have missed it somehow, but I would love to be proven wrong.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    She's calling it a smear for exposing her posts which she is so proud of, she's now deleted them.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Primitive beliefs that everyone has evolved beyond, right?
    Well we'd hope, but has he come out and renounced his beliefs? I haven't heard of him doing much more than saying he supports gay people now, which is not enough to be close to convincing. His actions speak much louder than words, and a heartfelt appology would still be needed. As of now, he seems to be good with pretending the issue never existed, and not acknowledging his past in any way.

    If he has apologized, I must have missed it somehow, but I would love to be proven wrong.
    Yesterday, Kenney announced reduced protection for GSA's as part of his policy - that is not something he said years ago, that is yesterday. I would say overall he has actually been fairly consistent in his beliefs, except for the occasional denials, which don't seem very convincing.

  19. #19

    Default

    Kenny has a long history of attacking minority populations. His super conservative base will eat it up mean while young trans and gay kids will continue to die from things like suicide compared to their heteronormative peers.

    It’s sad.... but it’s also what happens when small homogenous communities are forced to deal with issues they really do or don’t want to understand.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Primitive beliefs that everyone has evolved beyond, right?
    Well we'd hope, but has he come out and renounced his beliefs? I haven't heard of him doing much more than saying he supports gay people now, which is not enough to be close to convincing. His actions speak much louder than words, and a heartfelt appology would still be needed. As of now, he seems to be good with pretending the issue never existed, and not acknowledging his past in any way.

    If he has apologized, I must have missed it somehow, but I would love to be proven wrong.
    Yesterday, Kenney announced reduced protection for GSA's as part of his policy - that is not something he said years ago, that is yesterday. I would say overall he has actually been fairly consistent in his beliefs, except for the occasional denials, which don't seem very convincing.
    Why are we having these conversations, schools are acting "in the place of a parent" (loco parentis), are they not ? If so, the parents have every right to know what club their kids are in. If the child can demonstrate that they would face harm at home as a result of being in one of these GSA's, then it should be a police matter.

  21. #21
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    ^ FWIW, in the 1980s, I was involved in several clubs and projects in high-school(yearbook, Trivial Pursuit club, various one-off stage productions etc), and I don't recall my parents ever having to be notified. MAYBE the one time I had a part in a week-long stage production, but even then, I'm not sure.

    Is it now the general requirement that parents have to get notification of all club activity, and the GSA clubs have been given an exception?

  22. #22

    Default

    Maybe the school should also report who they ate lunch with. You know, just in case the parents are afraid of their kid catching "the gays" or something.

  23. #23

    Default

    The law has not changed, schools are still acting in place of a parent. Students have no expectation of privacy up to Grade 12 wrt to their parents. Either change the law, but no half assed policy changes.Maybe parents should always have been taken an interest in their kids clubs, just saying. Maybe parents should not be helicopter parents, just saying.

  24. #24
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    The law has not changed, schools are still acting in place of a parent. Students have no expectation of privacy up to Grade 12 wrt to their parents. Either change the law, but no half assed policy changes.Maybe parents should always have been taken an interest in their kids clubs, just saying. Maybe parents should not be helicopter parents, just saying.
    That doesn't really answer my question. Right now, if a kid joins the school chess club which has games every lunch hour in the library, does the law say that the parents need to be notified?

  25. #25
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    ^^When and whether a gay kid decides to come out to their parents should be the child's choice, straight up, and not subject to a school's decision to out him or her. This is a profoundly personal choice that a child should have agency to make. Fortunately the NDP changed the law for the better; I pray that Kenney doesn't get the opportunity to turn back the clock on these important protections.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  26. #26
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    ^^When and whether a gay kid decides to come out to their parents should be the child's choice, straight up, and not subject to a school's decision to out him or her. This is a profoundly personal choice that a child should have agency to make. Fortunately the NDP changed the law for the better; I pray that Kenney doesn't get the opportunity to turn back the clock on these important protections.
    I agree, but many( many) parents think they should be the ones to know, not schools.
    So, he has backing..

  27. #27

    Default

    Many (many) parents also support "conversion therapy". That doesn't make it right.

  28. #28
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Many (many) parents also support "conversion therapy". That doesn't make it right.
    That's up to the family, not up to you. You bring your child up the way YOU want. I have no time for conversion therapy. None.
    Jason isn't doing away with GSA, but parents want a say. What if a gay child committed suicide after being in a GSA, and their parents didn't know? Do you know how much trouble the school would be in???? The same schools, that require you sign a form for just everything they do..
    There are many sides to this, but please, because of your hatred, just think of one..

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    That's up to the family, not up to you. You bring your child up the way YOU want. […]
    Uh, no, conversion therapy is child abuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I have no time for conversion therapy. None.

    And yet you condone its use. Strike two.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Jason isn't doing away with GSA, but parents want a say.

    No, he's advocating the effective negation of one of its prime purposes. Strike three.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    What if a gay child committed suicide after being in a GSA, and their parents didn't know?
    What if a child drowned because of wearing a seatbelt in a half-submerged overturned vehicle? Why do you keep swinging?

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Do you know how much trouble the school would be in???? The same schools, that require you sign a form for just everything they do..
    There are many sides to this, but please, because of your hatred, just think of one..
    Yeah, GSAs are all about hatred. That's the ticket.

    Congratulations. You've just out-putzed yourself. I don't care where you're from, that's no easy feat.

  30. #30

    Default

    What a load of BS. There are laws, one cannot simply bring up ones family they way they wish. One must do it within the law... failure to do so will result in the parent being charged with child endangerment and the loss of said child.

    Maybe you also think oil of oregano is an appropriate medication for meningitis... there are limits to parental rights and there has been so for a long long time.

    As for conversion “therapy.” You allow this you might as well allow a return to beating a child. It’s not even fair to call it therapy. It has been disavowed by governing psychiatric bodies, labeled as harmful and proven to increase suicide rates. GSA are proven to reduce Suicides in youth.

    The only hated continues to come from your vile attacks and assertions about things you clearly don’t understand or are unwilling to be open to...

    Let me mansplain this to you lady. Don’t even begin to heterosplain my life and experiences to me. You have NO idea what it it’s like to grow up queer in our school systems. You have NO idea the life long hurt that can be caused. You have NO idea how many people I know who have been lost to suiside, addiction and various mental health issues.

    So no you DONT get to abuse, hurt or endanger your child... not without consequence!

    Grow up.

  31. #31

    Default

    round and round we go, meanwhile no pipelines are being built, and going deeper and deeper into debt each day.

    How about this, at the start of each year little Bobby is told that attached to each report card there will be list of all the clubs that they are in, to inform the parents so that the parents can support little Bobby in their additional classes/ clubs.

    If the kid wants to joint the GSA, they will know that the school will be sending this info to their parents, which means they'd better talk to their folks before then. If the school is told that there is a risk of violence by little Bobby, then child services gets involved.

    If Bobby is gay, he can tell his folks and not join the club in school, now the school wont know.

    Why is this so difficult ?

  32. #32

    Default

    What are you talking about no piplelines are being built. What nonsense. 3 are underway. Yes 2 have been sent back for further consulting and modification but they are approved.

    A pipeline will not magically create 100,000 jobs. Having stability and supporting existing govt policy will. You know what won’t. Tax go up, tax go down, tax gets put in and supported by industry taxes gets stripped out for populist political reasonings, tax gets put back by 3rd level of govt. industry targets get set, industry targets thrown out, new
    Industry targets set. Laws get changed with no public consultation, people upset and denied their basic rights, projects approved but the whole thing is now a political mess.

    But hey if you really think a pipline is the only issue plugging our economy make sure to vote for the guy who was in cabinet when Harper pushed through mass changes and excluded proper public consultation from the application process. Make sure to vote for the guy who had a direct hand in making the current mess we are in... maybe this time he can magically make it work.

  33. #33

    Default

    ^^ Because, based on your breathtakingly inane suggestions, it's apparent your intellect can't escape the whirlpool of ignorance. Say Hello to Lady.

  34. #34
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    round and round we go, meanwhile no pipelines are being built, and going deeper and deeper into debt each day.

    How about this, at the start of each year little Bobby is told that attached to each report card there will be list of all the clubs that they are in, to inform the parents so that the parents can support little Bobby in their additional classes/ clubs.

    If the kid wants to joint the GSA, they will know that the school will be sending this info to their parents, which means they'd better talk to their folks before then. If the school is told that there is a risk of violence by little Bobby, then child services gets involved.

    If Bobby is gay, he can tell his folks and not join the club in school, now the school wont know.

    Why is this so difficult ?
    That is not what Jason said, he said every child is different.. Working with individuals, is not saying everyone will know..seriously, families with no work, no money coming in, want to feed and love their children, food first I would imagine..why is it all or nothing? Sheesh

  35. #35
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    That's up to the family, not up to you. You bring your child up the way YOU want. […]
    Uh, no, conversion therapy is child abuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I have no time for conversion therapy. None.

    And yet you condone its use. Strike two.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Jason isn't doing away with GSA, but parents want a say.

    No, he's advocating the effective negation of one of its prime purposes. Strike three.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    What if a gay child committed suicide after being in a GSA, and their parents didn't know?
    What if a child drowned because of wearing a seatbelt in a half-submerged overturned vehicle? Why do you keep swinging?

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Do you know how much trouble the school would be in???? The same schools, that require you sign a form for just everything they do..
    There are many sides to this, but please, because of your hatred, just think of one..
    Yeah, GSAs are all about hatred. That's the ticket.

    Congratulations. You've just out-putzed yourself. I don't care where you're from, that's no easy feat.
    I have gay family members, I grew up with a brother that was gay. You twisted piece of [email protected]! Don't put word in my mouth, I'll slap them out of it!!!!!!!

    Condone conversion therapy, where did I say that? You're ill, very ill and very effin stupid!

  36. #36
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    round and round we go, meanwhile no pipelines are being built, and going deeper and deeper into debt each day.

    How about this, at the start of each year little Bobby is told that attached to each report card there will be list of all the clubs that they are in, to inform the parents so that the parents can support little Bobby in their additional classes/ clubs.

    If the kid wants to joint the GSA, they will know that the school will be sending this info to their parents, which means they'd better talk to their folks before then. If the school is told that there is a risk of violence by little Bobby, then child services gets involved.

    If Bobby is gay, he can tell his folks and not join the club in school, now the school wont know.

    Why is this so difficult ?
    JT doesn't want a pipeline, he said so I'm opposition. Notley was all over him, agreeing, she couldn't see him for what he is. His own caucus can though, he's a liar..so you're right, no pipelines!

  37. #37
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    What a load of BS. There are laws, one cannot simply bring up ones family they way they wish. One must do it within the law... failure to do so will result in the parent being charged with child endangerment and the loss of said child.

    Maybe you also think oil of oregano is an appropriate medication for meningitis... there are limits to parental rights and there has been so for a long long time.

    As for conversion “therapy.” You allow this you might as well allow a return to beating a child. It’s not even fair to call it therapy. It has been disavowed by governing psychiatric bodies, labeled as harmful and proven to increase suicide rates. GSA are proven to reduce Suicides in youth.

    The only hated continues to come from your vile attacks and assertions about things you clearly don’t understand or are unwilling to be open to...

    Let me mansplain this to you lady. Don’t even begin to heterosplain my life and experiences to me. You have NO idea what it it’s like to grow up queer in our school systems. You have NO idea the life long hurt that can be caused. You have NO idea how many people I know who have been lost to suiside, addiction and various mental health issues.

    So no you DONT get to abuse, hurt or endanger your child... not without consequence!

    Grow up.
    You grow up! You don't know who raised my brother, I DID!!!!!!!!! ME!!! Because I could handle his being gay, then trans, so don't you dare think you can tell me anything I don't already know. Then I had a son, a gay son, try that on for size, all you've looked after is yourself!
    I worked the suicide line!! Did you? No, you bloody never! Try doing, instead of spouting off and pretending you're the only one that's had it so bad!
    Oil of oregano? Wth are you babbling about..put down the glass!

  38. #38
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    JT doesn't want a pipeline, he said so I'm opposition. Notley was all over him, agreeing, she couldn't see him for what he is. His own caucus can though, he's a liar..so you're right, no pipelines!
    The only reason the TransMountain pipeline expansion will get built is because the federal government (with major arm twisting from the Alberta government) stepped in to buy the project after Kinder Morgan decided to abandon it. Had the Conservatives who opposed the purchase been in power, the TransMountain expansion would be dead. Construction already started last summer but was delayed because of a court decision that temporarily pulled the construction permit pending further consultation with Indigenous groups and having the NEB take another look at impacts on coastal waters.

  39. #39

    Default

    ^^ Oh, dear, dear, dear.
    Sure, you have an anecdotal acquaintance for every circumstance.
    But don't let hatred get in the way of your blatant hypocrisy.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    You're ill, very ill and very effin stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I'm watching [Hello Lady's] head pop, and them moving the goalposts, just like I knew [she] would.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    [Hello Lady] really needs to stop whining, [she is] looking pathetic..
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    [Hello Lady] has nowhere to go..it's hilarious to see [her] with egg on [her] face..
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    ROFL!!! I have to copy this..loving the crow


    By all means then, go ahead and denounce *ANY* use of conversion therapy. And announce your unconditional support of GSAs and against child abuse.

    Yeah. Thought so.





  40. #40
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    JT doesn't want a pipeline, he said so I'm opposition. Notley was all over him, agreeing, she couldn't see him for what he is. His own caucus can though, he's a liar..so you're right, no pipelines!
    The only reason the TransMountain pipeline expansion will get built is because the federal government (with major arm twisting from the Alberta government) stepped in to buy the project after Kinder Morgan decided to abandon it. Had the Conservatives who opposed the purchase been in power, the TransMountain expansion would be dead. Construction already started last summer but was delayed because of a court decision that temporarily pulled the construction permit pending further consultation with Indigenous groups and having the NEB take another look at impacts on coastal waters.
    Well, you can think your way,I'll think mine. Energy east was all ready to go, and in opposition JT said he'd kill it, it's a promise he kept, for a change.
    I honestly think he purchased a pipeline to delay it, don't forget, we own it..he's not a very good PM. His own caucus knows the true JT. So can we agree to disagree? Every time we get near, they move the goalpost..that's how I feel, and a lot of people, including FN, also feel..

  41. #41
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    ^^ Oh, dear, dear, dear.
    Sure, you have an anecdotal acquaintance for every circumstance.
    But don't let hatred get in the way of your blatant hypocrisy.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    You're ill, very ill and very effin stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I'm watching [Hello Lady's] head pop, and them moving the goalposts, just like I knew [she] would.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    [Hello Lady] really needs to stop whining, [she is] looking pathetic..
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    [Hello Lady] has nowhere to go..it's hilarious to see [her] with egg on [her] face..
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    ROFL!!! I have to copy this..loving the crow


    By all means then, go ahead and denounce *ANY* use of conversion therapy. And announce your unconditional support of GSAs and against child abuse.

    Yeah. Thought so.




    Billy no mates?

  42. #42

    Default

    Don’t tell me you lived my experience. All you did while raising a gay kid is raise a gay kid. You have not lived their life you don’t live in my world. You don’t know me nor do you know what I do! You do nothing but act like an entitled princess. Calling people names thinking you are cleaver. You aren’t! You couldn’t loose your job for having a gay kid or knowing people who had HIV, i on the other hand lived with the threat of loosing my job, my house. Being the sister of a trans brother doesn’t mean you get to do opt their experience.

    I have not not had it bad. I’m fortunate I love my life and my experiences and no it wasn’t easy but I’m sure in the hell not going to let you act like you are entitled to represent me or speak on behalf of what is best my community. Not with that filthy hate filled gob of yours.

    learn some respect. Learn to debate a side without attacks and I believe I speak for a number of people who are simply done with you and your constant stream of trash posts.

    For someone who claims to be so woke you sure don’t act like it.

    p.s. I don’t believe a single thing you have written. You haven’t given anyone any cause to. You are unable to have civilized conversation or debate and do nothing but act inflammatory.

    Grow up

    p.s.s. For someone who pretends to be media savvy I’m surprised you don’t recognize the most basic details from one of the highest profile child endangerment cases in recent history. Go figure it out. Meanwhile tell me again how a parent gets to solely choose how to raise their child and I’ll show you case after case where that simply isn’t true, either rightly or wrongly.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 27-03-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

  43. #43
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bonnie Doon
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Gee, I am looking forward to the leaders debate. Notley will destroy Kenny.

    But, in the meantime, I will stay on C2E for entertainment.

  44. #44
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Don’t tell me you lived my experience. All you did while raising a gay kid is raise a gay kid. You have not lived their life you don’t live in my world. You don’t know me nor do you know what I do! You do nothing but act like an entitled princess. Calling people names thinking you are cleaver. You aren’t! You couldn’t loose your job for having a gay kid or knowing people who had HIV, i on the other hand lived with the threat of loosing my job, my house. Being the sister of a trans brother doesn’t mean you get to do opt their experience.

    I have not not had it bad. I’m fortunate I love my life and my experiences and no it wasn’t easy but I’m sure in the hell not going to let you act like you are entitled to represent me or speak on behalf of what is best my community. Not with that filthy hate filled gob of yours.

    learn some respect. Learn to debate a side without attacks and I believe I speak for a number of people who are simply done with you and your constant stream of trash posts.

    For someone who claims to be so woke you sure don’t act like it.

    p.s. I don’t believe a single thing you have written. You haven’t given anyone any cause to. You are unable to have civilized conversation or debate and do nothing but act inflammatory.

    Grow up

    p.s.s. For someone who pretends to be media savvy I’m surprised you don’t recognize the most basic details from one of the highest profile child endangerment cases in recent history. Go figure it out. Meanwhile tell me again how a parent gets to solely choose how to raise their child and I’ll show you case after case where that simply isn’t true, either rightly or wrongly.
    I've never said, I'm cleaver..
    My brother was gay, my son is gay. I don't need to prove one thing to you, you could be an overweight heterosexual male, hanging out in your mothers basement. Billy no mates, as I posted before.Pretending to be gay, you're too mean to be gay..
    Last edited by H.L.; 27-03-2019 at 12:26 AM.

  45. #45
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    Gee, I am looking forward to the leaders debate. Notley will destroy Kenny.

    But, in the meantime, I will stay on C2E for entertainment.

    I think they'll break even, but well see. I won't count JK out, I've seen RN flustered before..
    Enjoy!..lol

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Don’t tell me you lived my experience. All you did while raising a gay kid is raise a gay kid. You have not lived their life you don’t live in my world. You don’t know me nor do you know what I do! You do nothing but act like an entitled princess. Calling people names thinking you are cleaver. You aren’t! You couldn’t loose your job for having a gay kid or knowing people who had HIV, i on the other hand lived with the threat of loosing my job, my house. Being the sister of a trans brother doesn’t mean you get to do opt their experience.

    I have not not had it bad. I’m fortunate I love my life and my experiences and no it wasn’t easy but I’m sure in the hell not going to let you act like you are entitled to represent me or speak on behalf of what is best my community. Not with that filthy hate filled gob of yours.

    learn some respect. Learn to debate a side without attacks and I believe I speak for a number of people who are simply done with you and your constant stream of trash posts.

    For someone who claims to be so woke you sure don’t act like it.

    p.s. I don’t believe a single thing you have written. You haven’t given anyone any cause to. You are unable to have civilized conversation or debate and do nothing but act inflammatory.

    Grow up

    p.s.s. For someone who pretends to be media savvy I’m surprised you don’t recognize the most basic details from one of the highest profile child endangerment cases in recent history. Go figure it out. Meanwhile tell me again how a parent gets to solely choose how to raise their child and I’ll show you case after case where that simply isn’t true, either rightly or wrongly.
    I've never said, I'm cleaver..
    My brother was gay, my son is gay. I don't need to prove one thing to you, you could be an overweight heterosexual male, hanging out in your mothers basement. Billy no mates, as I posted before.Pretending to be gay, you're too mean to be gay..

    Im not, and there are people on here who can attest to that. Now you are fat shaming? Is there something wrong with being overweight? Btw a huge chunk of the millennial population still lives at home because of wage stagnation and the cost of education and housing.... you shaming them too and the families working to support them.

    wow you are really are just a big ball of toxicity aren’t you.... but you are right I didn’t work the suicide line... I was the one calling it but go ahead co opt my experiences.

    i enjoy your edits to your posts where after saying some extreamly hateful things an then you change them to call me mean. Take responsibility for your own poor judgement don’t put that on me.

    grow up,

    I’m also the farthest thing from mean. Don’t generalize what it means To be gay or what qualities gay people have or don’t have. Maybe, as a woman, you need to be a bit nicer. Try smiling more.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 27-03-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

  47. #47
    Forum Administrator *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Election over. Thread closed.
    Ow

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •