View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for in this year's provincial election?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alberta Liberal Party

0 0%
  • Alberta's NDP

29 65.91%
  • Alberta Party

6 13.64%
  • United Conservative Party

6 13.64%
  • Freedom Conservative Party

1 2.27%
  • Other/Independent

0 0%
  • Undecided

2 4.55%

Thread: Who will you be voting for in this year's provincial election?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Who will you be voting for in this year's provincial election?

Results will remain anonymous.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

If it is alright with you, I will close this poll about 48 hours early and relaunch to see if anything changed during the campaign. I am curious to see if the numbers hold true throughout the campaign.
    Ow

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Imagine that, an Edmonton based forum and the NDP are leading the poll numbers. Go to a Calgary based forum, everything is reversed.
    I drive really slow, in the ultra fast lane
    While people behind me, are going insane.

this is DEFINITELY a hold your nose and vote election

^^Sure, but you may not get the same sample in that 48-hour window. You very well may end up comparing apples to oranges.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I am sure that will play into it. I'm just trying to give people a chance to change their minds, or move from undecided. The scientific validity of this polling mechanism isn't very stringent anyway, more of a reflective sample of this constituency.
    Ow

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
    Imagine that, an Edmonton based forum and the NDP are leading the poll numbers. Go to a Calgary based forum, everything is reversed.
    which doesn’t invalidate either...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Missing a polling choice NOA

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E SME

That would be "other".

No, different, it is a negative vote against the actual candidates and parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_of_the_above
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^ [X] Not eligible to vote as primary residence is outside of Alberta ^ ??

Unlike some jurisdictions like Nevada, "None of the Above" does not appear as an option on Alberta ballots, and therefore not included in this poll. If you wish to record this type of protest, you must drag yourself to the polling place and state that you are declining a ballot when one is offered to you. The amount of people who actually do this is negligible at best.

We already have a "None" option - spoiling your ballot.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Is this poll for real? How on earth is the NDP leading at over 60% approval? Are three in five Albertans on this board truly in agreement with the Notley programme? I'd like to know why or how this is possible.

I'm pretty sure you could fire a cannon down the main street of most of the ridings in Alberta and not hit a single NDP voter.
    Last edited by stilicho; 31-03-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stilicho View Post
    Is this poll for real? How on earth is the NDP leading at over 60% approval? Are three in five Albertans on this board truly in agreement with the Notley programme? I'd like to know why or how this is possible.

I'm pretty sure you could fire a cannon down the main street of most of the ridings in Alberta and not hit a single NDP voter.
    It's a pretty small sample size. I wouldn't read too much into it. This is C2E, and not C2A, as well.

That said, I think the NDP will win quite a few seats in Edmonton, but not many (if any at all) in the rest of the province.

Lesson #1 for you: It’s just another poll.

Lesson #2: the most vocal people that seem forever to be trying to making everyone think that their opinions are the best opinions and that every should just listen to them - are often the biggest idiots.

We ran a similar poll in 2015 and most C2E-ers also were on board with the "Notley programme" (as you call it):

You'd have to go back to 2012 to find a conservative plurality here (and I suspect a lot of C2E-ers were voting strategically that year in order to block Danielle Smith's whacko Wildrose from power):

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Election over. Thread closed.
    Ow